Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16649 results found

1. Hybrid Zoom Mode

Add a third option to the zoom choices. A hybrid mode that uses the closer of the speed or distance zoom. This would allow for the map to zoom in as you approach your next turn at highway speeds and also zoom into your location in slow traffic to show possible alternate routes, while otherwise staying zoomed out.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add an API Feed for Traffic Updates from Individuals and Groups

Add the ability to subscribe via RSS to traffic updates from individuals or groups. Provide links back to the Waze website for each update but also include the information in the RSS.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please make next steps quick/easy to see

In heavy traffic, one often has to know about upcoming turns well in advance to get into the correct lane. But to see upcoming nav steps in Waze requires clicking to the menu, then swiping to the second page, then clicking Nav List -- way too many steps. Please make it easy to see the next step or whole list from the main screen. I suggest enabling a jump to the nav list if the user clicks on the name of the next street. (I intuitively try this; may have been default functionality on a prior GPS.)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Set existing favorite as "Home" or "Work"

Right now, you can only set "Home" and "Work" by searching for an address. Most of the time, New Zealand (and I'm guessing other international addresses too) do not return an accurate result.

The work around is to create another two favorites called home and work that are based off GPS position and use those.

As a user, it would simply make sense for Waze to allow me to set a favorite as my "home" or "work".

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More icons for existing report types

Currently many of the icons displayed on the map are shared across different reports, this means the driver must tap them to find out what they are (if they do not pop up automatically) eg. "Car on shoulder" and "object on road". This is frustrating when some warnings are fairly insignificant and others more serious, like my previous example. Additional icons would allow drivers to understand the reports at a glance with no extra taps required when issuing a report.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Interval Tone for Speeding

Pls provide a setting for interval tone warnings for a selected speed threshold - ex. if/when I go >/= 70mph give a tone every 5/10/15/30 seconds. Doesn't have to be anything fancy - a simple beep or boop will do.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Logging Options on Waze (distance, driving time, gas costs)

It would be great that Waze could log some data about your trip.
    So you could include a kind of dashboard that could display your speed, average speed, distance driven, a kind of trip distance resetable by user, as well a fuel logging calculator.
    The fuel logging calculator should enable you to register the price spent and the ammount of fuel you've filled. This would be great for drivers to make some stats in order to reduce costs.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Possibly Clear Up what is meant by the "Traffic Jam" reports

Instead of having "Moderate", "Heavy" and "Standstill", why not clarify these categories a little more. They could possibly be instead "Congestion", "Slow Down" and "Standstill". I think these adequately reflect the different degrees of traffic jams that occur. Congestion is still dangerous but might not reflect a great decrease in speed. When drivers will have to decrease their speed that is useful to know, and of course "Standstills" are self explanatory.
    An alternative option could be to elaborate on the provided categories more instead of changing them. They just seem a little ambiguous.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fading Report Icons

After a report is added to the map, the icons should slowly begin to become transparent. This way the age of upcoming reported incidents can be determined at a glance. If a fading report icon is reconfirmed by another Wazer, it should regain 100% of its opacity and the fading cycle should begin again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. iPhone4G - landscape mode not correct at time zero

more of a bug really.
    If Waze is running before I rotate the phone then the switch to landscape mode works. If I launch Waze after rotating the phone (like I do when I snap the phone into my car mount before starting Waze) then the display is stuck sideways.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Eco mode

How about an Eco mode that would give you a warning beep if you accelerate or decelerate too fast or drive over the posted speed limit? Of course, the driving speed (for traffic) would need adjusted (because if you're driving 10 under the speed limit for MPG reasons that doesn't mean that there's traffic issues).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. REVERSIBLE ROADS

There are some countries (At least in Santiago, Chile and Mexico City where I live) that due to a high traffic times, some of the main streets gets REVERSIBLE, meaning that from certain times of the day the regular way of the street is REVERSED so the traffic can be more fluid. I would like to propose the facility of making REVERSIBLE roads

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add shields to on and off ramps

When a road type ramp has a route number on it, a shield should be generated for the navigation instruction. For example, a on-ramp named "to US-27" should produce "to <US-27 shield>". Similarly: "Exit 29: US-19 / US-23 / SR-43" should produce "Exit 29: <US-19 shield> <US-23 shield> <SR-43 shield>.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Indicator on alert for direction

When an alert is displayed on the map, it is generally impossible to tell whether the alert applies to the current direction of travel or the opposite.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add more levels too Avoid Highway option

With the Avoid Highway option off, Waze is way too aggressive in routing to freeways. The the Avoid Highway on, all types of highways are avoided from minor to freeway. There should be additional options to Avoid Freeways, Avoid Major Highways and Freeways.

Yes, Waze is supposed to figure out the best route based on information without this level of direction, but in fact it does not, at least in some areas. These options would allow some user input based on experience in directing the routing.

This would be especially useful for trips that include multiple type of environments such…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Stop running in the background" switch on iOS

Hi. I found that Waze continues to run and use GPS and 3G signal while backgrounded on the iPhone. This is catastrophic in our country for two reasons: 1. It keeps the phone very hot. 2. it uses data at about 0.15 USD/MB, thereby ticking down your data and using up your money. You have to explicitly turn it off or explicitly quit the app. There should be a switch that says, and is by default, set to "Do not run or use data or GPS in the background". My experience: I used Waze to get to a destination. I…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto-Brightness Bug

I've uncovered a bug in the iOS version. Somehow, Waze is disabling the auto-brightness feature on my iPhone. I've restored my phone twice now due to this issue, and the last time I did so I installed no other apps other than Waze to see if it would happen again....it did.

The phone shows that auto brightness is turned on, but it does not function - i.e. it simply stays at whatever brightness it is set to regardless of the ambient light. Couldn't find a place to post the bug on your site, so thought I'd put it here!

Thanks!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. linux client

i would like to have a Linux client build. i have built several custom laptops with Bluetooth connected GPS units and network via mobile hot-spots or connected cell cards and would much prefer to use Waze on them.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The display switches to night mode when first turned on in the morning (GMT-10 time zone)

What time does waze use to determine when to use day or night mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base