Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16649 results found

1. Vehicle "attaches" to road

I have noticed that the vehicle icon "attaches" to the road on the map. There are a couple of issues with this. When I am in an unmapped area, such as in a parking lot, the vehicle tends to jump back and forth between its actual location and the nearest road. Also, the exit I take on my morning commute has not updated yet, so WAZE tells me to take the exit prior to it. Even though I do not take that exit the vehicle icon does and shows me driving on the service road rather than on the interstate.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There should be 2 categories of choosing Zoom settings, when navigating and when just driving

When I'm navigating to a specific place, it makes the most sense to zoom based on the distance to the next turn because it makes a visual reminder for the turn coming up and shows the most detail. If I just have waze open, however, it doesn't know when I'm turning, so it should zoom based on speed. I realize not everyone may want this, however, so make 2 categories of zoom options: choose how you want it to zoom when navigating and how how you want it to zoom when just driving.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why can't I drive the different routes I wish to use for work, whilst recording the route with something similar to the pave roads option.

Why can't I drive the different routes I wish to use for work, whilst recording the route with something similar to the pave roads option. i.e before I start driving turn "route recording mode" on. I drive so many times to my job but EVERY time it tells me to take a ever so slightly different route, that I know takes longer. I am being patient, i have been told it will learn my route eventually, but I can imagine that lots of people will get frustrated and leave Waze very quickly by this situation.

I'm sure that if more…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Offer a "Known Enforcement Point" report

Offer a "Known Enforcement Point" report the way trapster does it. Report an area where police tend to hide and take radar.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. bikes and disable people

1-you can include the draw of BICYCLE inside MY WAZE, togheter with the other car's, because sometimes i use waze riding my bike.

2-include the design of a DISABLE PERSON over a car draw, to tell to the other wazers that in that car there is a disable, so when that person needs help they already know whose the car is.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On an iPhone - If I starting entering a destination to search, the message will pop up asking me to resume navigation.

On an iPhone - If I starting entering a destination to search, the message will pop up asking me to resume navigation. I can't hit yes or no, because the keyboard is in the way. I need to hit search on the keyboard, then hit no, then go back and redo my search. This could be fixed by closing the keyboard when messages popup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reports block area of interest - perhaps have it float off with arrow pointing to location?

I love the reports but when the app floats to the AOI it's blocked so I'm not really sure where the report was made, sometimes it's very ambiguous and it names a street in the report. If the image of that report could float off leaving an arrow or something marking the area so we can see where on the map it is would be very helpful :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have music control buttons on the UI or as a fly-out.

Have music player interface buttons in the UI. I use my phone for entertainment and NAV guidance. Having to switch between is a pain.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. . Add a feature to log the miles traveled

Add a feature to log the miles traveled using this great program.
    Add the ability to save it to a, comma separated values file on the sd card . This would be very helpful for sales people in tracking miles for tax purposes . Start point and endpoint would be very useful for tax purposes

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Heads up Display (HUD)

make an heads up display icon so that the user can place it on their dash and the reflection will show up on the windshield.. for night time driving whee it is safer to stare closer to the road versus looking down...other apps use this idea but they dont have the GPS ability..it will set waze apart from all other GPS systems..and make it look extra cool!

4,029 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WIFI broadcasting in a P2P like network

When having problems getting to the network. Waze can WFI brodcast you report and bounce it from client to client until it gets to the server and in the way you just notified all the cars near by that are the once they need the information.
    ie. Broadcast an accident you just reported to the cars going on the other direction and just passed near you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Limit voice direction repeats

We need an option where we can limit the number of times the Voice directions tell us to "Keep right," etc. If you tell me the exit to take, I don't need you to tell me to "Now exit," and then "Keep the left." It becomes extremely annoying. If some people like it, that's fine, but we should have the option to limit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Window 8 Tablet:

Hope you guys can make Waze for Windows 8. There a lot of good window tablet coming out soon.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Landscape mode on Samsung Galaxy Nexus not working correctly

Landscape mode on Google Galaxy Nexus (ICS) not working correctly. The shortcut icons appear on both end of the screen, the map in only visible at 1/3 of the screen on the left;

[Image:Screenshot 2012-02-20-11-22-50.png]

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Access to view live traffic cameras where available publicly on the internet like around Pittsburgh, PA..

In many cities there are traffic cameras posted on major routes. These are available over the internet and mobile phones so drivers can see live feeds. It would be great if Waze showed those along routes or on the maps so drivers can quickly view current conditions.

We should also be able to add these to the maps through the editor and link to the published URLs of the cameras.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Open in Waze" - modify the Waze code so a user can click and hold on an address and be given the option to "Open in Waze" for navigation.

"Open in Waze" (or "Navigate to in Waze") would merely allow the user to click and hold on an address in their phone and be given the option to open the address within Waze itself.

A user currently can open an attachment in an email in numerous different downloadable programs. The same is true for address which currently default to the Maps app. It would be nice to see the same integration with Waze.

Then, whenever a person receives a text, email, or other message with an address within it, the user would be able to click and hold on…

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Routing server timeouts - retry in the background

Sometimes everyone of us experiences routing server timeouts with an Oops/OK prompt. Then one needs to reclick the destination while driving, which is disturbing. Perhaps the client could have an option to retry a couple of times in the background, and then notify if all retries failed?

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Less than 20% battery dialogue box options

On Android less than 20% battery dialogue box says "Would you like to keep waze on?" With Yes and No buttons. However, when driving it's hard to read the question and often I end up turning off Waze cause I tapped "No". Since it's hard to read the question when driving, if dialogue buttons should said "keep on" or "turn off" instead of y/n, the decision is a lot faster.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base