Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16652 results found

1. "Open in Waze" - modify the Waze code so a user can click and hold on an address and be given the option to "Open in Waze" for navigation.

"Open in Waze" (or "Navigate to in Waze") would merely allow the user to click and hold on an address in their phone and be given the option to open the address within Waze itself.

A user currently can open an attachment in an email in numerous different downloadable programs. The same is true for address which currently default to the Maps app. It would be nice to see the same integration with Waze.

Then, whenever a person receives a text, email, or other message with an address within it, the user would be able to click and hold on…

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Routing server timeouts - retry in the background

Sometimes everyone of us experiences routing server timeouts with an Oops/OK prompt. Then one needs to reclick the destination while driving, which is disturbing. Perhaps the client could have an option to retry a couple of times in the background, and then notify if all retries failed?

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Less than 20% battery dialogue box options

On Android less than 20% battery dialogue box says "Would you like to keep waze on?" With Yes and No buttons. However, when driving it's hard to read the question and often I end up turning off Waze cause I tapped "No". Since it's hard to read the question when driving, if dialogue buttons should said "keep on" or "turn off" instead of y/n, the decision is a lot faster.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show all villages in Israel "behind the green line"

In Israel, I drive a lot in the area that has been marked a "behind the green line". All roads are marked well in this area, and so are Jewish settlements are indicated well on the map. I would like to have the names of the Arab villages that I pass along the road mentioned on the map. That helps for orientation purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My Rank and the scoreboard

I'm bummed that you only show the top 50 wazers on the scoreboard. I'm ranked 299 (kinkstone) currently and I want to see the spread of points above and below me.

Please add a pair of options at the top of the list (where you show all v. state and all times v. weekly) where I can choose between "top" or "around me". When showing the scoreboard around me, show the 50 wazers with me centered in the list.

That way I can see the movement and score distribution of people like me.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to shut off nearby event popups

Add an option to the client in order to lock the event popup to only show the events on our route and NOT on all the nearby streets. We don't care about other streets problems, but we need the ones on our routes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an option to fix the display orientation

When you go through a bad road with stones and stuff, the symbian nokia N8 shakes a lot, even with a proper holder. Then the waze client freezes and goes off. This is even turning off all other programs, avoiding processing overcharge.

I don't know if it's a client problem, but seems to be.

You could add a button to fix the desired view, horizontal or vertical, in case you don't want your waze-client display orientation switching all the time 'till die.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Get a list of directions for a given route.

Sometimes it's hard to evaluate a route choice from the descriptions. It would be great if a route could be listed in text (one line per step) so that the route options could be evaluated more easily.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Help Me!!! button

Deniss from forum suggested this idea: Waze should have Help Me Button, so a Wazer with car trouble can set his icon as needing assistance and another Wazer can see a fellow in trouble on map and help him out.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. No service for xxx miles.

When entering a rural road or roads that cross in the middle of nowhere, typically you will see a sign that says, "No services for 20 miles" It would be cool if waze would warn you the same, or if you enter that road from another spot down the way, waze could say " No service for 18 miles to the right" I suppose in map editor you could highlight a section of road where no services exist for long distances and tag it as a no services road.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. easier control of voice notifications

Somewhat of a 2-in-1:

Generally I like minimal notifications, but when I need full guidance, it would be nice to get to it quickly without having to delve into the menus to switch it.

Also, it would similarly be nice to have a quick way to switch between the "always play through speaker" and allowing it to navigate through the bluetooth, because my listening habits vary. Sometimes I use my bluetooth to listen to music from my phone, and sometimes I use my regular old radio (in which case the Waze notifications all disappear into the abyss).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow more granular control over notifications

I'd love to be able to adjust my notifications a bit more specifically than I can currently. For example, I want to turn off chit-chat notifications, and I'd love to have both an audio and visual notification for red light/speeding cameras, police, and severe traffic.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve finding of places/business to drive to

Currently, when searching for a business or place to drive to, it often does not find the business. Or, it shows a list of businesses with the same name but no address or city. For example, if I search for "Kaiser" it shows a bunch of Kaiser Hospital names with no address or city. And it doesn't at all show the one that is closest to me. So, I don't know which one is closer. I end up often having to use google maps and navigation to find places and get routed there. Need to allow us an easy way…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. walking mode button

Have you thought about a walking mode button.So if you have waze on you don't get false data that traffic is at a stand still when you are walking.
    Many thanks Andrew warren 

2,826 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Сделайте пожайлуста нормальное отображения пои, вместо убогих квадратов...

Сделайте пожайлуста нормальное отображения пои, вместо убогих квадратов...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Increase police warning distance

Waze users are warned of speed traps or police presence only about 600 feet ahead of time. This is far too late of a warning. With a clear line of sight, law enforcement can detect speeders at 1-2 miles out.

By the time the Waze warning pops up, you could have already been detected.

This feature – while very well intentioned and thought out – is useless with so little warning.

3,223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow option to use device's TTS voice synthesis

The Waze Android client has a decent sounding voice, but Android users can install 3rd party TTS apps. Please give us the option to choose to use the Android Text To Speech synthesis instead.

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. turn by turn before navigating

would like to see the complete turn by turn directions before accepting a route

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. audio gets quiet when switching audio sources

My normal use of Waze is this: iPhone in dash mount, Instacast playing podcasts in background and Waze in foreground.

Sometimes the main audio output gets quieter after Waze overlays a warning prompt or a phone call comes in. I can rarely fix it just with volume controls, but killing Waze fixes it every time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Report Extended Events

There are construction areas (for example) which stretch some length (a mile or more). It would be great to report these as an extended region, not a single point, since they're usually accompanied by a lower speed limit. They might be activated by an upward gesture of the report button (as opposed to the sideways gesture that the iPhone currently supports for traffic reporting).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base