Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16716 results found

1. Add shields to on and off ramps

When a road type ramp has a route number on it, a shield should be generated for the navigation instruction. For example, a on-ramp named "to US-27" should produce "to <US-27 shield>". Similarly: "Exit 29: US-19 / US-23 / SR-43" should produce "Exit 29: <US-19 shield> <US-23 shield> <SR-43 shield>.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Indicator on alert for direction

When an alert is displayed on the map, it is generally impossible to tell whether the alert applies to the current direction of travel or the opposite.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add more levels too Avoid Highway option

With the Avoid Highway option off, Waze is way too aggressive in routing to freeways. The the Avoid Highway on, all types of highways are avoided from minor to freeway. There should be additional options to Avoid Freeways, Avoid Major Highways and Freeways.

Yes, Waze is supposed to figure out the best route based on information without this level of direction, but in fact it does not, at least in some areas. These options would allow some user input based on experience in directing the routing.

This would be especially useful for trips that include multiple type of environments such…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Stop running in the background" switch on iOS

Hi. I found that Waze continues to run and use GPS and 3G signal while backgrounded on the iPhone. This is catastrophic in our country for two reasons: 1. It keeps the phone very hot. 2. it uses data at about 0.15 USD/MB, thereby ticking down your data and using up your money. You have to explicitly turn it off or explicitly quit the app. There should be a switch that says, and is by default, set to "Do not run or use data or GPS in the background". My experience: I used Waze to get to a destination. I…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Auto-Brightness Bug

I've uncovered a bug in the iOS version. Somehow, Waze is disabling the auto-brightness feature on my iPhone. I've restored my phone twice now due to this issue, and the last time I did so I installed no other apps other than Waze to see if it would happen again....it did.

The phone shows that auto brightness is turned on, but it does not function - i.e. it simply stays at whatever brightness it is set to regardless of the ambient light. Couldn't find a place to post the bug on your site, so thought I'd put it here!

Thanks!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. linux client

i would like to have a Linux client build. i have built several custom laptops with Bluetooth connected GPS units and network via mobile hot-spots or connected cell cards and would much prefer to use Waze on them.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The display switches to night mode when first turned on in the morning (GMT-10 time zone)

What time does waze use to determine when to use day or night mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Vehicle "attaches" to road

I have noticed that the vehicle icon "attaches" to the road on the map. There are a couple of issues with this. When I am in an unmapped area, such as in a parking lot, the vehicle tends to jump back and forth between its actual location and the nearest road. Also, the exit I take on my morning commute has not updated yet, so WAZE tells me to take the exit prior to it. Even though I do not take that exit the vehicle icon does and shows me driving on the service road rather than on the interstate.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There should be 2 categories of choosing Zoom settings, when navigating and when just driving

When I'm navigating to a specific place, it makes the most sense to zoom based on the distance to the next turn because it makes a visual reminder for the turn coming up and shows the most detail. If I just have waze open, however, it doesn't know when I'm turning, so it should zoom based on speed. I realize not everyone may want this, however, so make 2 categories of zoom options: choose how you want it to zoom when navigating and how how you want it to zoom when just driving.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why can't I drive the different routes I wish to use for work, whilst recording the route with something similar to the pave roads option.

Why can't I drive the different routes I wish to use for work, whilst recording the route with something similar to the pave roads option. i.e before I start driving turn "route recording mode" on. I drive so many times to my job but EVERY time it tells me to take a ever so slightly different route, that I know takes longer. I am being patient, i have been told it will learn my route eventually, but I can imagine that lots of people will get frustrated and leave Waze very quickly by this situation.

I'm sure that if more…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Offer a "Known Enforcement Point" report

Offer a "Known Enforcement Point" report the way trapster does it. Report an area where police tend to hide and take radar.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. bikes and disable people

1-you can include the draw of BICYCLE inside MY WAZE, togheter with the other car's, because sometimes i use waze riding my bike.

2-include the design of a DISABLE PERSON over a car draw, to tell to the other wazers that in that car there is a disable, so when that person needs help they already know whose the car is.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On an iPhone - If I starting entering a destination to search, the message will pop up asking me to resume navigation.

On an iPhone - If I starting entering a destination to search, the message will pop up asking me to resume navigation. I can't hit yes or no, because the keyboard is in the way. I need to hit search on the keyboard, then hit no, then go back and redo my search. This could be fixed by closing the keyboard when messages popup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Reports block area of interest - perhaps have it float off with arrow pointing to location?

I love the reports but when the app floats to the AOI it's blocked so I'm not really sure where the report was made, sometimes it's very ambiguous and it names a street in the report. If the image of that report could float off leaving an arrow or something marking the area so we can see where on the map it is would be very helpful :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have music control buttons on the UI or as a fly-out.

Have music player interface buttons in the UI. I use my phone for entertainment and NAV guidance. Having to switch between is a pain.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. . Add a feature to log the miles traveled

Add a feature to log the miles traveled using this great program.
    Add the ability to save it to a, comma separated values file on the sd card . This would be very helpful for sales people in tracking miles for tax purposes . Start point and endpoint would be very useful for tax purposes

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Heads up Display (HUD)

make an heads up display icon so that the user can place it on their dash and the reflection will show up on the windshield.. for night time driving whee it is safer to stare closer to the road versus looking down...other apps use this idea but they dont have the GPS ability..it will set waze apart from all other GPS systems..and make it look extra cool!

4,037 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WIFI broadcasting in a P2P like network

When having problems getting to the network. Waze can WFI brodcast you report and bounce it from client to client until it gets to the server and in the way you just notified all the cars near by that are the once they need the information.
    ie. Broadcast an accident you just reported to the cars going on the other direction and just passed near you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here