Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1027 results found

1. Ajouter le carburant E85 (éthanol)

Ajouter le carburant E85 (éthanol) dans les préférences carburant. Merci et bravo pour cette application!

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make Waze continue running in background untill it is turned off

I use my phone for more than just Waze when I'm driving. Waze does not consistently run in the background when I switch to control another app (even when I'm driving on the highway at 65 mph). I'd really like to see an option in settings to keep Waze active until I manually exit. Alternatively, how about an option that keeps Waze active as long as my phone is in the car dock?

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Set permanent preferred routes for common commute such as: home to work and work to home

Set permanent preferred routes for common commute such as: home to work and work to home. Most people already have a set route preferred from home to work and back. Also set ways to drive to the everyday shopping stores. For those common commutes, it would be useful if Waze would give you your preferred route for the routes you have established in the favorites menu to location, rather than one based on set rules. It would be even more interesting if waze can learn your preferred routes when you commute to locations set in the Favorites list.

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. route overview

Please add an option to see either a birds-eye overview or a turn-by-turn list (or both?) of the route Waze is taking me on.

Sometimes I know I want to avoid a particular road. So when Waze plots a route for me at the start, I can review the proposed alternate routes and choose one. But if I need to deviate from that route to make a side errand maybe, Waze will recalculate my route on the fly, going back to its #1 preferred route. If I'm not paying close attention, this sends me back over to the road I…

293 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Speed Limit Change Alert

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a voice alert of speed limit changes. I am on the highway all the time and the speed limit constantly changes. It would be helpful if the voice would say “Speed limit has increased” or “Speed limit has decreased”. I got a ticket because I thought I was still in a 75mph speed zone and I didn’t realize it changed to 55mph. Yes the image of speed limit changes accordingly but a nice voice alert would be extremely BENEFICIAL!! Thank you!!!

273 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Implement U-turn navigation instruction and ability to allow u-turns at intersection.

In exUSSR countries it is a common practice to use u-turn. Traffic lights at major intersections may have special arrow to allow only left turns and u-turns. But currently Waze cannot use this feature to build optimal route.

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 250 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Settings for types of alerts to allow

There are many types of alerts the Waze client can display as a layer on the map and/or pop up on your screen, sometimes both visual and audible. We would like to see an new Settings area added for the types of alerts we want to see and/or ignore and never have a notification appear or be heard.

The notifications should include at least, but not necessarily limited to:
    Speed cams
    Red light cams
    Police (speed trap)
    Road Hazards
    Road segment speed condition
    Traffic Jams
    Chit Chat
    Accident

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! For each type of report/alert you’re able to specify whether you’d like it do be displayed on the route. Accessed via Settings – Alerts&Reports – Reports. What’s more, you can choose area (e.g. 5 km around you) for which reports will be displayed on the map.

9. Rail Road Crossing Ahead Notification

Give notification when approaching Rail Roads Crossings. This notification could be turned on or off by the user if needed.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Client Suggestion: Voice Recognition

I was driving from Las Vegas, NV to Fullerton, CA this past weekend. During the trip, I had a few hours to think of what client upgrades could be implemented into WAZE. Specifically, as the title of this thread suggests, I thought about Voice Recognition. This came about as I sent a report, but was unable to type a comment, thanks to texting and driving dangers.

Here is what I was thinking:
    Voice Recognition would always be active while WAZE is active. Instead of pushing a button to activate Waze, what if a keyword was programmed to start the functionality.…

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add to road hazard list: 1) flooding, and 2) ice

Add to road hazard list: 1) flooding, and 2) ice

228 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Speed camera alert

Please bring back speed camera alert

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. North = Up!

PLEASE, for the Love of God, give us a preference that will keep North pointing UP on the device! i practically can't use Waze (tho i REALLY want to) because it keep spinning around on me - drives me crazy - i grew up with paper maps & north was always "up" - having it spin to the direction i'm driving is driving me bonkers! :-)
    aside from that, the app rocks!

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add > Hazard > On road > Vehicle Stopped/Broken down

There are numerous times when one comes across a broken down or stalled vehicle in the road, and you end up reporting it as "Other" or even report it as "On Shoulder" which is inaccurate.

218 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. iOS 8 location services

iOS 8 - please add the feature in location services to only use location when using the app, not always. Google Maps provides 3 location service options to users: always, never, when using app. Pleased add the option "when using app". Waze doesn't need to always track my location in the background and turning it on when I use the app is a pain.

215 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. audio alerts for everything

It would be nice to have audio alerts for all activity in waze. If there is a traffic jam ahead alert me vocally, same for car on shoulder etc.

I say this because I ride a motorcycle and am not able to view my screen (also it would take my attention from the bike). I would like to be audibly alerted of everything such as speed cams, cops, blah blah :)

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. הוספת אפשרות דיווח על בעל חיים משוטט בצידי הכביש

בתאריך ה 16.1.17 יצאו משפחת אלמקייס מביתם במצפה רמון בשעות הערב במטרה להגיע לאירוע משפחתי בצפון. הם לא חשבו שהנסיעה תיגמר כל כך מהר בטרגדיה נוראה שכזו. כעשר דקות לאחר שיצאו מביתם אירעה תאונה קטלנית בה מעורב רכב המשפחה וגמל ששוטט על כביש 40. בתאונה נהרג ליאל, בן המשפחה, כבן 13 ובני משפחתו נפצעו ונפגעו באורח קשה. תאונות בהן מעורבים בעלי חיים הם דבר נפוץ בכבישים ויכולות להימנע בקלות.
    אם תהיה באפשרותנו, הנהגים ומשתמשי הדרך, לדווח למערכת הניווט ולמשתמשי האפליקציה על גמל או בעל חיים אחר שמשוטט בצידי הכביש, תאונות רבות ימנעו וחיי אדם יקרים מפז יינצלו.

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Animals on the road can be reported in two ways:
    1. Reports – Hazard – Shoulder – Animals (for a roaming animal)
    2. Reports – Hazard – On road – Roadkill (for a dead animal hit by a car)

18. Voice command reports

Sending reports using short voice commands. For example: "waze danger car side of the road"

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Integrate Amazon Music app

Spotify is nicely integrated into the waze phone app. It would be nice to also add Amazon Music app for those that don't use Spotify.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is now integrated with several audio apps including Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Pandora and more. Just go to Settings > Audio Player and pick your favorite app.

20. Siri integration

Not sure if it's possible, but if there is an API to integrate with Siri to make navigation via voice commands that much easier.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you may already know, Waze already allows voice commands.
    Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base