Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!

• There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones. If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, data, or other information you provide to Waze or its Google affiliates ("Waze") relating to Google products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is separate from and not part of your personal data.
  • Waze may use any Feedback without restriction to develop and improve Waze’s current or future products and services.
  • You agree that you will not disclose to Waze any third-party information in your Feedback that you are otherwise obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze and its affiliates to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with the Waze Privacy Policy (https://www.waze.com/legal/privacy). Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback. Please note that providing your name is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your Feedback only as long as it didn't receive any reactions from other users. However, you can delete your name and provide your Feedback as anonymous user at any time. You may also delete your comments and upvotes at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement U-turn navigation instruction and ability to allow u-turns at intersection.

In exUSSR countries it is a common practice to use u-turn. Traffic lights at major intersections may have special arrow to allow only left turns and u-turns. But currently Waze cannot use this feature to build optimal route.

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Now available  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set max travel-speed

When towing my caravan, I do not travel on the highway at the speed-limit of 120km/h but rather in the vicinity of 100km/h. This means the ETA is out. It would be a nice feature if I can set my max speed limit for a trip, with my towing combination, and the ETA is calculated based on that.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! This feature is already available in Waze. It’s called Personalized ETA.

Personalized ETA setting is turned on in Settings – Navigation – Personalized ETA. Waze would analyze the drives you took in the past, calculate how long it took you to drive sections of the route, and compare this information with Waze’s estimates. Then, it uses this info to personalize your ETA whenever you search a route in Waze.

Important: Waze won’t analyze drives that you delete from your drive history. Deleting drives may disable Waze from personalizing your ETA until you take more drives.

3. Automatically switch off 'Record new road' feature

As an area manager, it is a headache to keep deleting small segments of road alongside existing roads, caused by GPS inaccuracies where a user has left the 'record new road' feature switched on. I think it would be a good idea to have the client automatically switch off the feature if the user has been travelling on an existing road for a set period of time, for example, 2 minutes.

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Android Auto intergration

hey I have android auto. could you make waze compatible for it so I can report and navigate by using android auto

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you may know, Waze is already supported on Android Auto. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

5. audio alerts for everything

It would be nice to have audio alerts for all activity in waze. If there is a traffic jam ahead alert me vocally, same for car on shoulder etc.

I say this because I ride a motorcycle and am not able to view my screen (also it would take my attention from the bike). I would like to be audibly alerted of everything such as speed cams, cops, blah blah :)

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. הוספת אפשרות דיווח על בעל חיים משוטט בצידי הכביש

בתאריך ה 16.1.17 יצאו משפחת אלמקייס מביתם במצפה רמון בשעות הערב במטרה להגיע לאירוע משפחתי בצפון. הם לא חשבו שהנסיעה תיגמר כל כך מהר בטרגדיה נוראה שכזו. כעשר דקות לאחר שיצאו מביתם אירעה תאונה קטלנית בה מעורב רכב המשפחה וגמל ששוטט על כביש 40. בתאונה נהרג ליאל, בן המשפחה, כבן 13 ובני משפחתו נפצעו ונפגעו באורח קשה. תאונות בהן מעורבים בעלי חיים הם דבר נפוץ בכבישים ויכולות להימנע בקלות.
    אם תהיה באפשרותנו, הנהגים ומשתמשי הדרך, לדווח למערכת הניווט ולמשתמשי האפליקציה על גמל או בעל חיים אחר שמשוטט בצידי הכביש, תאונות רבות ימנעו וחיי אדם יקרים מפז יינצלו.

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Animals on the road can be reported in two ways:
    1. Reports – Hazard – Shoulder – Animals (for a roaming animal)
    2. Reports – Hazard – On road – Roadkill (for a dead animal hit by a car)

7. 189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

8. Settings for types of alerts to allow

There are many types of alerts the Waze client can display as a layer on the map and/or pop up on your screen, sometimes both visual and audible. We would like to see an new Settings area added for the types of alerts we want to see and/or ignore and never have a notification appear or be heard.

The notifications should include at least, but not necessarily limited to:
    Speed cams
    Red light cams
    Police (speed trap)
    Road Hazards
    Road segment speed condition
    Traffic Jams
    Chit Chat
    Accident

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! For each type of report/alert you’re able to specify whether you’d like it do be displayed on the route. Accessed via Settings – Alerts&Reports – Reports. What’s more, you can choose area (e.g. 5 km around you) for which reports will be displayed on the map.

9. Ajouter le carburant E85 (éthanol)

Ajouter le carburant E85 (éthanol) dans les préférences carburant. Merci et bravo pour cette application!

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. upload route (gpx) - bicycle mode

In the Netherlands and Belgium people really like to cycle. Therefore it would be great if people could upload there gpx routes they have created from other applications or websites. Then we would have the nicest routes instead of the fastest or shortest. The bicycle mode could help to distinguish special bikeroutes and carroutes, and will make sure waze is not showing a traffic slowdown.
    PLEASE VOTE!

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Siri integration

Not sure if it's possible, but if there is an API to integrate with Siri to make navigation via voice commands that much easier.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you may already know, Waze already allows voice commands.
    Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

13. Add the speed limit for each road, esspecially when there isva camera...

Add the speed limit for each road, esspecially when there isva camera...

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Quick report buttons

It would be a good idea to place some (2??) customizable quick report buttons on the main Map/interface; in such way we can report speed traps/ dangers/ police while we are driving with a single touch (or double to exclude unintended reports)!
    There are too many menu/options to make a report... the only way to put them live is to stop the car and going trough a jungle of options... ( :geek: and I'm used to that! I'm an android user)
    Heavy traffic is fine... you're stuck in your car and you've all the time to browse the options but…

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. automatically pause playing music before giving audible directions

Automatic Media Pause before audible directions

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, the volume for your car’s audio is automatically lowered when directions are sounded.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

16. North up should be persistent between sessions

I want to be able to use North up as default map orientation. This can be set manually in the client, but has to be specified every time the program is started. It would be nice if this setting could be persistent, or could be set in settings.

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Aviso sonoro limite de velocidade

Com a redução do limite de velocidade para 50 Kms, em diversas vias da cidade de São Paulo, sugiro que o WAZE adote um sinal sonoro, sempre que a velocidade do carro superar os 50Kms, independente da velocidade permitida na via trafegada.
    Recebi diversas multas por excesso de velocidade, muitas por distração, e tenho utilizado outros aplicativos com esse recurso. Acredito que se o WAZE adicionar esse mecanismo, a fidelidade e frequência de uso será ampliada, pois eu, por exemplo, acionarei o aplicativo antes mesmo de entrar no meu veículo (sem mesmo ter a necessidade de ser orientado pelo trânsito).…

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  11 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Prevent Waze audio if a call is active

With the Text to Speech navigation active and a call comes in, the application will continue to speak over the caller on the speakerphone. Other audio applications like the audio MP3 player, will mute the music during the call and then resume after the call. Waze client should do the same.

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  9 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base