Skip to content

Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

937 results found

1. Comments and Notes as separate layer

I think it would be very useful to have a option to add/edits comments/notes in a manner such as a "Venue type" (place type) point/area. The difference from the existing venue functionality is that the comment/note would be on a different layer, and would not be rendered in the livemap or in the app (i.e., only visible on WME).

The idea is that in WME, this would allow longer term notes to be made, edited, locked, and deleted in a manner similar to existing place points/area functionality, in order to explain certain unusual mapping issues.

For instance:
    - temporary/construction related…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a comments field to WME when adding a closure

When adding a closure, I think it would come in handy if there was a comments field (or text box) that could be used to let other editors know, what source was used. If there is a problem/question afterwards, other editors know where to ask for additional info.

This field should only be visible to editors, no need to show it in the Waze app itself.

Currenly I use the description field, but that's not so handy.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Control the map editor clique

The map editors in my area seemed to have formed a clique of "insiders" who do not permit others to try map editing. Everything is locked down to "level 2" or "level 3" and above, so anyone who is new to map editing is unable to do ANYTHING. The one time I made a change, I was questioned and given some snippy attitude about it. Then, the map editors undid my change, and locked that section to a higher level. I think there should be some kind of oversight for calling out zealous map editors. Just because they started earlier…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Require Place Update Request approvers to confirm deletions & other major changes

Please add an extra layer of confirmation before saving in WME, if approving a PUR would remove a Place, change it from an Area to a Point, or change it from Public to Residential (all actions that delete a lot of data).

A change of the place's primary name should also require an extra layer of confirmation before saving, this is even more common than deletion although less immediately destructive.

Why do I bring this up? A Rank 6 editor, or possibly Waze staff, recently deleted the Area Place for San Francisco International Airport. It had been locked at Rank…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Put a Seed on the Production map (from the Editor) to "ask for specific questions" to actual wazers

Could be used for many things.
    My idea would be:
    a) Wazer, do you see a traffic light in "this" corner?
    1. Yes
    2. No

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Edit favorites on the map editor

Enable favorite editing in map editor. This would be an easier way to make include of several favorites or POIs help in planning a trip.

Ideally it would allow planning with historic traffic data (similar to Google Maps) allowing to establish the travel time between them and estimate the arrival time .

Alternatively the Waze can import the saved locations from Google Maps, so it should be possible to link the Waze has Google Maps account.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Warning Node (For editors level 3 + ) / Crear un Nodo de avisos (Editores nivel 3 o más)

English: I'm thinking of give the option of create a node with specific instructions readable by the waze voice on the road for experimental editors (level 3 + ) example: slow down, pot hole in 300mts, slow school zone, etc.

Español: La idea es crear un nodo que editores expertos (3+) puedan configurar con instrucciones especificas para zonas que no tienen cambios de un dia a otro, estas instruccinoes las leeria la app y daria aviso a los conductores. Ejemlo:

Bajar velocidad zona de baches; bajar velocidad zona escolar, cuidado construcción mas adelante, entro a zona de derrumbes, tope en…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow road closing for low rank editors

Allow lower rank editors (like me) to close roads from within WME. Since Waze doesn't want to allow low ranked editors to close roads (for good reasons), the solution would be to only show the closed roads for the editor and group. If others value my contribution, they can subscribe to my group and get additional road closure updates.

It might also be possible to close a road and have it marked unapproved, awaiting for a higher rank editor. But that unapproved closure would be active for the user and group within the App.

If the closed road gains enough…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. אפשרות להצעת שינויים על דרכים נעולות

להוסיף אפשרות בעריכת המפה לשלוח הצעות לשינויים נעולים. שתהיה האפשרות לשלוח הצעה לשינוי דרכים נעולות עקב רמה נמוכה
    ואם אפשר בבקשה להסביר בצורה יותר טובה איך עולים שלבים, כמה נקודות כל שלב, ואפשרויות לעלות שלבים מהר לרציניים

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Color-coded according to speed in editor

A feature that had been good when you are editing speed limits would be to go into a "Edit mode for the speed limit" just as the house number.
    That all roads would be color-coded according to speed. and roads with no speed would be gray, so you can easily see which roads have the limitation and which have not.

Another thing that would be great is that you can put limits whereever on the road and not just at a crossing. Again, just as the house number.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make it possible in editor to mark where the main lobby is for businesses

It would be awesome if we could have the ability to mark where the front/main lobby is for business, such as hotels and hospitals. As a delivery driver, I have a hard time for finding entrances to business in strip malls as well, so being able to mark them would not only help delivery drivers, but everyone else as well.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove Two-Way Segments

Two-way segments are very rarely necessary and are very often overused by map editors to oversimplify maps. Even the smallest "two-way roads" have at least one lane dedicated to each of the two directions. Having each segment representing a single roadway will permit maps and navigation that are more intuitive to the users of the app, and perhaps help avoid the tendency of editors to try to combine separate roadways into one segment.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Advertisment Error Handling

Please change Paid Advertisement Handling to have them appear on the Map Editor after they have appeared and allow Editors to submit update requests that Advertisers need to acknowledge. The existing Google forms that are posted in the forum are worthless. I have submitted multiple forms for Kroger Ad issues around greater Columbus, Ohio that do not appear to have any affect. (Also, I have never received feedback on a report filed.) A month later another Ad shows up with the store still located 3 blocks away from its actual location. If the Ad Place appeared in the Editor and…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New editors contact

Frequently, all we've found bad editions, make it by new and inexperienced editors.

In Spanish Community we send a PM to those editors, showing what they are making bad, inviting them to know the Wiki and forum or offering them our help.
    Usually this editors don't know about the existence of Wiki neither forums and therefore never read our messages, continuing with his bad and useless work or leave to edit because never see his work in the maps.
    I think would be an interesting tool if when we open WME, would appear a message advertising that they have a…

177 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A road type for drive though's in the map editor.

When driving around in a drive through i always end up on the main street or in a parking lot. the "parking lot" road option is currently the best way to describe them but its not really that or a private road either.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Map Editor - More edit room than driving area

Allow editors to have more room to edit than just the area they recently drove. This would allow editors to help each other out better than they currently are. For example I'm a L1 and I've had multiple people help me and they couldn't help edit anything b/c they haven't been to my area which caused confusion when they tried to explain what they see and how to fix it. I've also wanted to help in other areas that I can't drive to on a normal basis and can't because I haven't been there recently. Removing editing restrictions on area…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Testing routes in waze map editor

I would like to test a route, from A to B, in the map editor to check if the optimal route is chosen and find the reason why not. It could be easier to find that waze leads astray which happened to me this summer. Waze tried to lead me against a one way street.

101 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More options for the business hours for shops or places (WME)

In the WME, I guess we can modify the option available to define the business hours.
    In France and I guess in other countries, some shops or places are closed for lunch. We should be able to define the duration of the break between morning and afternoon.
    in the same way, some shops or places don't have the same business hours for each day, so we should be able to define the business hours hours day by day.
    Last point is that depending on the seasonality shops or places ( for exemple on the west coast in france) don't have…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let me create custom routes on the map editor, that can be pushed to my device(s).

I know all the best routes from work to home and vice versa. Let me create those routes in the map editor then "push" or I can "fetch" them to my device(s). Then when I get in my car and open waze and asks if I'm going home or to work the first routes it pulls from are my custom ones, and creates a heat map list or something that I can choose from.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make speedtraps work like House Numbers on WME

Speedtraps are hard to edit correctly on WME.
    They don't snap properly, and a lot of times, they don't give a warning (when you're above the speed) because they're not snapped correctly.
    Make them work like house numbers: with a direct link to the road.
    Also, we could have the option to mark a speedtrap as "both ways" to reduce clutter on the navigation screen and speed up the work of Editors.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Map Editor Suggestions