Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

442 results found

1. RV/Truck routing

Any possibility in the future to be able to choose RV or Tractor Trailer as your vehicle then trigger truck routes that would send you around low clearances or sharp turns, step grades etc.?

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Close the Segment user is currently on

In Rural areas the users may encounter a situation where the road may be closed due to a problem like a downed tree or other issues. In order for Waze to re-route it needs to know that the road is closed and there is no way to report a closure of the current segment that they are on. App only allows reporting of the closure from the nearest intersection in the direction of travel, which will fail to re-route.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Autodetect closures and closed roads

Waze should automatically detect closures and close roads without relying on Wazers to use the in-app closure function or on map editors to add them. Just as Waze can detect traffic and reroute, it could also detect when no one follows the directed guidance and there is zero traffic on a segment. Then when Wazer start driving on the segment again it could reopen.

Google Maps (part of Google Geo) gets closure info from Waze. And Waze (part of Google Geo) should also get closure info from Google Maps. It doesn't now, and instead will route Wazers into a closed…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. RV routes

I use Waze vigorously, however, in the summer of vacation time we adventure out in our RV. It would be helpful to have routes provided by selecting the vehicle type as an RV, and using roads specifically safe for an RV/18 wheeler truck.

These vehicles are not designed for small narrow roads, and would need to have the safest route provided possible.

Is it possible that we can have better options for the vehicle type, and this way Waze can make a suggested route specifically for said vehicle type? I honestly believe this would increase the amount of users for…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. routes for caravans

Please create a category for those towing a caravan so that inappropriate routes are not offered.
    I would rather travel further on a good road than be guided onto a narrow, winding, steep or unsafe surface when towing my caravan.
    The risk of a collision with an oncoming vehicle travelling at high speed on a windy dirt road is very high when visibility is limited and there is no room to manoeuvre

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create Waze Vehicle Profiles

It would be nice to have Vehicle profiles, and change them rapidly on the Main Menu.
    For example:
    I use a Private Diesel Car most of the times.
    I also ride a Gasoline Motorcycle (witch can ride the BUS lane in Oporto - Portugal)
    I can also use an TAXI Electrical Car.

In this case I should be able to create 3 Vehicle profiles on the Settings, and on the main menu, choose witch one we want to use at the moment, so that routes can be calculated accordingly. Otherwise, I must go to Definitions and Change the Type of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. HOV only ramps and roads

When Wazers select an HOV route, because of the way HOV was implemented, any direct access ramp or otherwise HOV only road will never be suggested.

Waze needs to be able to suggest all HOV options, including HOV only flyovers and ramps.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Itinéraire en fonction de la vitesse maximale du vehicule

Mon employeur m'interdit de dépasser 110 km/h, y compris sur le autoroutes limitées à 130 km/h. Je souhaiterai disposer d'un itinéraire optimisé pour cette vitesse maximale, sans exclure les autoroutes limitées à 130 km/h.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Itinéraire économe en énergie

Il faudrait un type d'itinéraire équivalent à celui de Google Map "économe en carburant".
    Ce type d'itinéraire autorise les autoroutes à péage. Le but est de proposer la consommation d'énergie la plus faible. Pour cela, l'algorithme peut compenser un itinéraire plus long si la vitesse est plus constante ou si le dénivelé est plus faible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Different profiles / different vehicles

It would be useful to be able to choose between different "profiles" by changing the type of vehicle. I for example move both by motorcycle and car, in motorcycle I can access the ztl - area c of Milan while in car I can't, in car I do the highways in motorcycle I try to avoid them, the type of driving changes depending on the vehicle and having to go each time in settings and change the ZTL permits and preferences (in addition to the roads suggested by Waze) is cumbersome, it would be nice if it was possible to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can we have a Caravan Option please on Waze with width for roads and places to stop. Thanks :-)

Can we have a Caravan Option please on Waze with width for roads and places to stop. Thanks :-)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display next instuction after the current one

It would be really handy if you could always show the turn instruction after the current on screen instruction. It will help with early lane positioning. Ideally including the lane that you need to be in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. RV routes and road types

Please consider an option of RV routes on paved roads only.It would be nice to select road type for all vehicles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding stops

Would be so helpful to add multiple stops in a route and also choose the order desired of the stops.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Circulation en camping car

Serai t'il possible d'avoir une extension d'application pour les camping car avec gabarit, poids, aires de repos
    Ce qui nous dirigerait pas sur les autres sites concurrentiel

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. End route at end of closed segments

When the destination would end on a segment that is currently closed the route ends on the next closest segment (that isn't closed) which in many cases is a road in the back of the property where there's no access to the destination.

Consider ending the route at the last node that is not closed on the route - at the node the closure ends/starts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More stop routes

Guys such a basic feature which all of your competitors has is more stop routes with function of dragging them upper or lower by driving sequence. Common I love Waze and lack of this function is pushing me to use competitor app for navigation which I hate to use but I must to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Simple route option - fewest turns/instructions

Many times the added efforts of following the maze routes created/generated result in negligible time/distance savings. Why not reduce the driving effort, reduce driving distractions created by the route, and improve attention dedicated to driving safely, instead of turning frequently?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Introduce a Waze for trucks and caravans

Increasingly people are relying more and more on navigation. The app provides the quickest and most direct routes which is great for normal circumstances. However, trucks, Lorrie’s, large motor homes are not taken into consideration. I live near a golf course where a small road crosses the fairways and we are seeing more and more large vehicles on a road which is totally unsuitable for them and can often get stuck. There needs to be a version which keeps trucks and towing vehicles on appropriate roadways. There are ‘caravan related sat nav’s such as Co pilot and perhaps Waze can…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stops

Add multiple stops (more than 1) as well, be able to add final destination to a trip not just add stop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?