Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

272 results found

1. Trip summary

Can you add a trip summary button to show how long trip took. I enjoy that feature on my regular gps so I can see how long it took each day to get home from work for example.

613 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bring back Master Chief voice

Master Chief voice is truly awesome. Please bring it back, it simply dissapeared from my Waze.

587 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display address you're navigating to when you get near your destination

Often times I get close to my destination and I don't remember the exact house number I'm looking for. It would be nice if when Waze prompts that you're nearing your destination, that it would display the address you put in to navigate to so you can look for the house number as you get close to your destination.

516 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. choose my custom route!

Have you ever thought that the driver does every day the same way to go to work or home, so he already has his favorite ways? Have you ever thought about leaving the driver predefine these paths and when to consult the routes have a new area for "Custom Routes" and showing the conditions of transit and time for those 3 chosen paths? I would feel more comfortable in knowing how long it would take if I had chosen that MY way specifically. Thanks!

514 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Avoid a specific road

I've seen a number of posts regarding this, and myself have wanted this on various occasions for a number of different reasons. The alternatives (avoid highway, avoid toll, avoid dirt) are useful in many cases, but there are also many cases where they simply don't serve the actual need.

For example, this reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/waze/comments/6vfd6m/can_i_stop_waze_from_rerouting_or_select_a/) is from a user that wants to specifically avoid the Capital Beltway (I-495). Not because it's a highway, and not because of a perceived inability for Waze to determine traffic, but just as a personal preference. As another example, sometimes when driving through…

495 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Calculate fuel consumption and show cost of the route

It would be great to be able to enter the average fuel consumption for certain speeds for your vehicle and then while calculating show also the cost of the route. It can be calculated by known speeds on the road, the need to stop and go on traffic lights, the overall profile of the route. There is an iPhone app that can serve as an inspiration - http://drivegain.com

483 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Samsung Gear S2 integration

I'd like Waze to integrate with the Samsung Gear S2, which is on the Tizen OS. Most particularly, I'd like vibrate reminders of upcoming turns. Also, navigation initiation and address lookup would be useful.

I'm using the device with a Nexus 6 on Marshmallow.

462 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop routing traffic down quiet residential streets

Your app has a very narrow focus. It doesn't take the actual street or the people that live on it into consideration. I have lived on a very quiet residential street until your app has increased in popularity. Thanks to your app, our street is now like a mini-highway and two neighbor pets have recently been killed. Additionally, your ignorant app doesn't take into consideration that it is directing traffic to take a very dangerous left turn onto Briarcliff Road. The results have been numerous accidents. Please take Stephens Drive, 30329 off your cut throughs at once.

411 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. GPX import so we can navigate nice roads with a motorbike

GPX import so we can navigate nice roads with a motorbike

359 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Don't want to have to allow access to my contacts to share a drive

In the new version, I can't enter an address or number anymore...and I'd really prefer not to sign over my entire contact list to waze. Can you reinstitute the message/email options in "share my drive"?

357 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tracking stop signs and stop lights

In addition to "Difficult intersection" it would be very handy for two features:
    1) Waze's map to record if there are stop signs (2, 4 way), and lights at an intersection. This would (hopefully) include separate turn signals; some intersections are VERY difficult to turn left at even with a light, for example.

2) A setting for navigation (in the app) for "Avoid unguarded turns/intersections". This would then allow a driver to NOT have to turn left across 6 lanes of traffic, for example, as the app would know there was no light at that crossing (or even going directly…

336 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Report « ride against traffic » on highway // signalement dédié "contre-sens" sur autoroutes

A report “ride against traffic” would be:
    - More easily and faster to report, despite stress.
    - The other wazers know immediately what kind of danger is reporting.
    - Set off the report 1.5 km / 1 mi before the action take place.

-- français --

Pour avoir vécu récemment un contre-sens, c'est frustrant de ne pas pouvoir signaler aux autres wazers un danger de ce type, assez fréquent malgré ce qu'on peut croire (1 contre-sens / semaine en France sur autoroutes, sans compter ceux qui ne sont pas détectés).
    Un wazer avait indiqué un "danger sur la route" avec…

312 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Multiple stops in any order

Allow users to enter multiple stops in any order and auto calculate best route. Currently you can only add stops after selecting main route and choose if its near the destination. Ideally you should be able to enter as many locations as you want and waze would just map out the optimal route.

295 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show average speed during average speed check zones

Calculate the average speed when entering an average speed check zone

275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to disable route recalculating alert. That nerve wracking chirp is driving me crazy!

Whoever approved that grating & obnoxious squawking route recalculation alarm should be fired. I drive a cab and even my customers cringe when they hear it and say "what's that awful noise". PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET US TURN IT OFF! Alerts only should mean alerts only. Hearing that damn noise screech and grate 5 times when I'm driving through a parking lot is maddening!

272 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mobile speed camera

You should add the capabilities to report Mobile speed camera and in Waze editor, to add the zone length and be alerted when entering this zone from any street.

http://www.quebechebdo.com/media/photos/unis/2012/02/22/photo_2011220_resize.jpg

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Please note we're changing the status of this suggestion to Not right now, since we finalized our plans for 2023 and this idea won't be implemented this year. We hope to have it included in our plans for later years and will keep you posted. Thanks!

18. Upside-down interface

Without a car dock, the iPhone rides upside-down in my cupholder since the car charger plugs in the bottom of the phone. It would be awesome if Waze supported 180-degree rotation in addition to both landscape modes.

246 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Quick report buttons

It would be a good idea to place some (2??) customizable quick report buttons on the main Map/interface; in such way we can report speed traps/ dangers/ police while we are driving with a single touch (or double to exclude unintended reports)!
    There are too many menu/options to make a report... the only way to put them live is to stop the car and going trough a jungle of options... ( :geek: and I'm used to that! I'm an android user)
    Heavy traffic is fine... you're stuck in your car and you've all the time to browse the options but…

245 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Recurring Weekly Planned Drive

Have the ability set a planned drive to repeat every day, weekly. With a starting date and til a set date or never to expire.
    I go to work every morning at the same time, to the same place and there is a bunch of traffic: is a pain to have to set up this great feature every week

215 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base