Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

272 results found

1. House numbers should be visible on each location on the map overview

Please make house numbers visible on each location on the map overview or while zooming the map in and out

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add Highway Vignette expiration support

In Hungary (and in most of the nearby countries) Highway vignettes can have multiple expiration days: 1 year, 10 days, 1 month, etc. It would be great, if Waze would know/track, if a certain vignette is expired and avoid routing on the highways ( or ask if I've purchased a new one)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show visual instructions for "View Only"

For a View Only instruction, only a "Continue" instruction is currently shown in the app along with the lanes. It should also show visual instructions that are set by editors in the WME Turn Instructions panel.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add “Avoid Width Restrictions”

I’ve got a pretty big car and hate width restrictions when I’m driving through the rat race of London rushing to get to work.
    If you can add “Avoid Width Restrictions” any road with a width restriction that would really help! Thanks !

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Traffic lights option button

Hello wazers. There are some traffic lights that are fast enough to pass through and some others that are extremely slow (2-3 cars per time). Waze commonly proposes directions through traffic lights (Even when there are other options).
    I think that a “traffic light” option button that characterizes it as slow or fast, would be a good addition in order to accelerate our proposed roots

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Android Auto app without head unit

Please update Android auto functionality to include those of use just using the Android auto app on our phones and not through a vehicle head unit. I would love to finally be able to use Android auto, as I have been waiting for Waze to be supported, but I don't have an Android auto head unit.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. update alerts for other side of road

I would like to be able to update alerts on either side of the road as no longer there, not just the side of the road I'm traveling on. Just like how Waze currently asks if a hazard is still there if it's in my traveling direction, it'd be nice to be able to click on a hazard or alert on the opposite side of the road and delete it if it's no longer there or relevant.
    Also, what happened to reporting hazards/traffic on the opposite side of the road after this newest android update? It's awful! It needs to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable automatic night mode for tunnel segments

It would be a nice addition to Waze to get automatic night mode for tunnel segments.

We're already adding the necessary information for this feature when creating tunnel segments.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need improving favorite / search

I have idea about favorite / search

1. Why not let Waze search address from my contact list?
    2. Why not create folder in favorite? Like Friend, Company, Restaurant, etc.
    3. When click address on contact, link to Waze instead iPhone's map

That would be great!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. why is there no ambulance car option? and option to show hospitals on map? I am an EMT who uses Waze at work all the time!

Add ambulance icon to car options, and an option to show hospitals, maybe even the closest ER facility to current location! I use Waze all the time at work as an EMT, and while the first suggestion would just be a treat for those, like me, in the EMS field, the second option would have the ability to assuage new EMTs fears of not knowing the closest hospital facility (we cover ALL of Colorado, though mainly Denver metro area, but still a huge area to learn when you're new).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. An option to avoid minor / tertiary/ un named roads

Can we please have an option for routing not using minor roads. These are often narrow, unsurfaced, roads, dangerous tootor cyclists, risking damage to cars and larger vehicles. GPS nav should assist, not cause undue stress.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New state notification

I would love to get a notification when entering a new state while driving, such as "welcome to New York," I find it helpful when navigating to know when I have reached a new state

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. adjust hazard reporting to include where the problem is, IE left Shu

Location of Hazard/Accident: It would be extremely helpful to be able to identify where a Hazard or Accident is IE: Left or Right Shoulder, Left or Right Lane or Center lane. This would allow wazers to adjust there positioning on the road to get through the problem area quicker by knowing to stay on the opposite side of where the problem has been reported.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding the option for a visual timer

It would be so helpful to have an integrated visual timer on the map. My child has a disability and visuals are so important to our daily life. I find myself toggling back and forth when using navigation and it can be difficult to manually adjust the time when there’s traffic or other delays. Having an integrated visual timer would be so helpful to families like ours!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow longer time to report road closure.

When I come upon a road closure, I need to avoid emergency vehicles and workers, and be careful of other traffic. Once I get clear of the incident, I try to report it. But by that time, Waze won't let me select the intersection where the problem was. It seems that you must be in the immediate are of the road to report an issue. This often means that I am unable to report road closure issues when I encounter them. Waze should allow a longer time to report closures. (Why is there any limit at all? I may feel…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Temporary traffic lights

Allow reports of temporary traffic way and an option to declare is 2 way/3 way if known

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Radar Traject Control android auto

When you use Android Auto you can't see how long Radar Traject Control is or when it is finished. (green bar when you use Waze on smartphone)

It could be nice to implement it (below the traject info) in Waze Android auto.

I use an samsung phone and ride with an Peugeot 203

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Average speedcheck or traffic jam progress bar in horizontal mode or when using android auto

Currently the progress bar is only available in vertical mode.
    If you hold you phone horizontal the progress bar goes away. For traffic jams this is not really a big problem. But when driving through an average speed check, it is handy to see how far along the average speed check you are. There is also no notification at the end of an average speed check. This would already make it a lil handier to hear when an average speed check zone has ended.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Please note we're changing the status of this suggestion to Not right now, since we finalized our plans for 2023 and this idea won't be implemented this year.
    Android Auto Proected is a major focus for us in this year, and we encourage you to read more about it in the Android Auto forum for updates and latest releases.
    Thanks!

19. Be able to show an accident or hazard for the opposite side of the road. Many times, we'll see it on the opposite side.

Many times, we see accidents on the opposite but when we report it, it says our side.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have voice speak "Heavy" or "Moderate" or "Standstill" traffic ahead.

Need to have verbal notification of heavy, moderate and standstill traffic ahead. Not safe to look down at phone to see traffic ahead

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,   

Please note we're changing the status of this suggestion to Not right now, since we finalized our plans for 2023 and this idea won't be implemented this year. We hope to have it included in our plans for later years and will keep you posted. Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base