Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lane Guidance

While using Waze on highways lately, I have begun to think that having the ability to see what lane becomes the off ramp would be great, especially in complex city interchanges.

Portuguese: Estava usando o Waze em rodovias e comecei a pensar que seria ótimo ter a capacidade de ver qual pista pegar, especialmente em trevos complexos dentro das cidades.

Spanish: Últimamente me he dado cuenta que al utilizar waze en capitales se hace muy necesario que waze indique cual carril de una calle, avenida o autopista, llega a ser una rampa, especialmente en complejos intercambios.

16,204 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    301 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mute navigation during phone call.

When making or taking phone calls using bluetooth, waze navigation prompts often interrupt me. The person on the other end of the line can't hear the prompt, but it means either I miss what they're saying, or my train of thought is interrupted mid-sentence.

It would be useful for the client to auto-mute during a phone call.

5,084 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    102 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this suggestion. As you may already know, Waze supports the option to mute during calls. To set that, go to Settings > Voice & sound and toggle Mute during calls.

3. re-route based on upcoming traffic conditions / congestions

While waze does show upcoming traffic condition on one's route it does not provide facility to automatically re-route the traveler around traffic congestion using surface streets or alternate highway/freeway.

This is essential to optimizing waypoint ordering/priority:

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone-/suggestions/2360018-navigation-waypoints

This ought be available in other-than a binary toggle (yes or no). While yes and no are suitable broad options, waze ought provider finer grained control of re-routing as it does now (faster or shorter). These should include

(1) time windows

(2) zones / areas

(3) specific roads / highways / freeways

(4) density of other Wazers

(5) using either / both wazer…

2,028 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  36 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. adding "I'm a motorcyclist" mode

adding "I'm a motorcyclist" mode in the settings for motorcyclist to choose and it will let us choose roads even if they have traffic jams and alart from roads that are dangerous

1,646 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  57 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow declaring Toll Roads and the option to not navigate through them

Waze wants to route me through a toll road every day and can't seem to find an alternate route until I actually drive it. I want to be able to avoid Toll roads, which means tolls roads need to be able to be declared in the editor.

1,500 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  52 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sound alerts before police and radar

I think that having a sound ringing before radar or police could help us. That's better than looking to the phone to see what's on infront. That's would give a safty driving and a secure alert.
    That's important for me
    I hope you'll do that.

1,352 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  28 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a traffic bar to map

Have a "Traffic Bar" that appear in the routes screen overlayed on the main map.
    add a car to the bar that moves along with your journeys completion.
    So when you are 85 percent home, the car has moved 85 percent up the bar.

Also when the Bar-Car (Maybe we should think of a better name) gets near an event an audible alert gets triggered, like when you near a Cop it could say “Oh cock, its the Rozzers!” Or just “Police reported ahead”) Or when you are near a obstacle on road you could be warned – e.g. “Johnny…

1,120 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  26 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. show street name currently on

It would be great to show the name of the street you're currently on, as well as that of the next turn. Also, show the name of the street you're on when not in navigation mode.

769 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 485 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

10. Implement U-turn navigation instruction and ability to allow u-turns at intersection.

In exUSSR countries it is a common practice to use u-turn. Traffic lights at major intersections may have special arrow to allow only left turns and u-turns. But currently Waze cannot use this feature to build optimal route.

480 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 410 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  11 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Calculate total tolls for each route option

Some tolls are very high, others reasonable. Now I can only see if there are tolls or not, but not to decide on a reasonable toll road.

In NY, this can be as much as $13 (George Washington Bridge) and $1.50 (Henry Hudson), for example.

397 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze calculates and displays toll prices in many parts of the world. To know when this becomes available in your country, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

13. Ukrainian

Hello Waze,

First off, you guys do a wonderful job. I know that in my community of Ukrianians, there is a need for Ukrainian spoken directions.

If there is potential for it to happen, it'd be absolutely fantastic!

Appreciate your work.

Best regards,

Slavik

395 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! You’re able to choose Марічка (including street names) or Дмитро voices for voice directions. What’s more, you can record your own voice via the Voice recorder functionality – can be accessed in Settings – Voice&Sound – Waze voice – Voice recorder.

14. can you put ukrainian as one of the languages

... i respond better by hearing the directions in this language. thank you

376 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Time Based Restrictions, can we make this happen guys?

"No left turn between 7am and 10 am."
    "Do not enter between 3pm and 6pm."

There are thousands of these signs in hundreds of cities all over the US. Can't we allow for local map editors to save time based restrictions into the map?

316 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Warning: Vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead

Disable warnings for vehicles on shoulder. In high density areas there is always a vehicle on the shoulder. To the point that it will stop my internet radio every 5 minutes for another warning. This is especially annoying when the vehicle is 30 feet off the road and NOT a hazard. Yes, you can click "not there", but that in itself is a hazard every 5 minutes to click it off. It's a nuisance, a danger, and just not useful for many.

296 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Alerta de farois ligados em rodovias

Com a nova lei no Brasil que obriga o farol baixo nas estradas ainda que de dia, o waze poderia emitir um alerta para confirmar que os faróis estão acesos sempre que acessar uma rodovia.
    Noticia da lei: http://g1.globo.com/carros/noticia/2016/05/lei-torna-farol-baixo-obrigatorio-em-estradas-durante-o-dia.html

288 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Soporte para la navegación - Pico y Placa en Lima, Perú

Estimados Waze,
    En vista de la implementación en Lima, Peru, del sistema Pico y Placa (avenidas restringidas en ciertos horarios y dias de la semana, segun el numero de placa), recomiendo que se implemente en el aplicativo una opción para indicar si la placa del auto es par o impar, y segun eso, se evite recomendar rutas que vayan por las avenidas restringidas, durante el horario / día en que corresponda.

Muchas gracias!!

175 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already takes license plate restrictions into account, in many parts of the world. To enable this feature, add your license plate details under Settings > Car details > License plate.

19. Tarifs moyens des trajets

nous avons systématiquement plusieurs itinéraires possibles, parfois certains ayant un temps similaire voir identiques. Il pourrait être intéressant de mettre en avant les tarifs des péages ainsi parfois entre 2 trajets de 45 minutes entre le 1er faisant prendre 3 péage pour un total par exemple de 10€ et l'autre trajets avec un seul péage a 3€ cela évite des frais inutile. ou même parfois il est peut être intéressant de rallonger de 5 minute si cela évite un péage coûteux. Waze pourrait se servir des données que nous lui transmettons sur notre type de véhicule et carburant comme le…

173 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  10 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. purple route line hides traffic

When in navigation mode the purple route line hides the yellow and red lines showing traffic congestion. This discourages me from using the navigation. There could be an option to turn the purple line on/off just like there is an option to turn voice commands on/off

171 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  25 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base