Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

527 results found

1. Sharing Tips

Sharing tips about an specific area, that would pop up as you drive. Remarks written by drivers for specify roads or areas, such as "people crossing out of crossing lanes", "wet when slippery", "skate boarders often on the road"....just random tips that the drivers could write according to their opinion. It could be turned off by the driver once he/she has read it and it would never show up again. Tips that locals know and can improve driving safety and it's hard to create specific topics. Just custom made tips.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Voice/audio command instances & timing

The timing of the audible commands should be perfectly consistent. I drive a semi thru all 48 states and sometimes it seems like the audible voice command forgets or seems to pick and choose when to tell me the next instruction, and I would like to not have to mess with my phone while driving to pull the wave app back on screen if it isn't already, read the instruction, and navigate the onscreen map to see where to turn while in heavy traffic on urban roads/hwys I'm unfamiliar with trying not to miss my turn. Sometimes, it'll announce 300…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice and Sound  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improved Screen Layout on Larger Screens

Dear Waze,

First, let me complement you on a great product. I use it almost daily.
    More importantly, you got a more meaningful compliment from Google on your great job.

As a user of your product, please allow me some user feedback which I would hope you may implement in your product.

Until now, I used Waze on different mobile phones.
    Recently I purchased a new car with a 7'' screen.
    After having used it, please allow me some customer feedback and suggestions for implementation relating to the way you display information on larger screens.

Seems to me that you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Using streetview to show actual turns on screen

I would like to use streetview pictures at junctions and exits so waze can show the actual situation on screen and highlight the lanes that people need to be in to follow the designated route.

Arrows can be put as an overlay on the streetview picture to properly prepare people for what is coming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. double parked

Commuting within the city has its obstacles too. Double parked cars or delivery trucks can cause major backups. Sometimes on a one way street with three lanes, within the same block you'll have 3 staggered double parked vehicles creating a huge bottle neck. Please allow the reporting of double parked cars and trucks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Streamline CarPlay display

I totally appreciate turning off the ability to add comments to traffic reports while on CarPlay. But if they're not going to expand so I can read something someone's already commented, can those green bubbles stay off the map?

For accidents and road work, it would be nice to be able to see which lanes are closed (if any) to avoid merging at the last minute.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Safety

Using Waze I drove from Long Branch NJ to Merrick NY. I was directed from NJ Rt. 36 onto the express lanes of the Garden State Parkway north to exit at exit 125. The express lanes end 1/4 mile from exit 125 on the right, requiring that I cut across 3 lanes of moving traffic at a high speed in a very short distance in order to get to the exit. The directions should be changed to instruct the driver to use the local lanes of the Garden State Parkway northbound so that the vehicle is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. show public transportation routes

We're in a climate crisis and everybody should drive less when there are alternatives available.
    Waze should help with that by suggesting Public Transportation or bicycle routes when selecting a destination, when those routes are viable alternatives (don't bother showing a 3h bus route for a 10 min drive).
    This could be similar to Google Maps and use the same data.
    Just by showing that there are alternatives, the user might be tempted to try them.
    This might be specially useful when driving in cities that have car restrictions, dedicated bus lanes or good bicycle infrastructure that rivals congestion,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. LitterGram Car Mode

LitterGram is a popular app in the UK and is quickly becoming the new way for 40m smartphone users to report litter to councils so they can clean it up. We are about to trial LitterGram car mode which will allow drivers to hit a button on their steering wheel whilst driving and map the littered roads/highways/lanes. Britain is the 3rd most littered nation globally and has a serious problem. This new feature will help clean up our highways and make driving in our country a better experience for the motorist. It would be great to see if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. improve waze carpool for HOV use

Using carpool, I get riders suggested that only allow me use of a portion of the HOV lanes on my way to work because their drop off is not close to my work. Other riders allow me to use HOV lanes all the way in. In this city, that’s a huge timesaver. Waze should recommend riders that offer the shortest overall commute time by maximizing time in HOV lanes instead of just showing how many minutes off the route a rider is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

13. Hi

Hi

Show the number of lanes on the road

This would be pretty helpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The timing of voice alerts when taking turns and the option to add multiple stops.

It would be better if the voice alerts atleast 80-100 meters in advance of turns, so that it will be easier for the drivers to take their respective lanes accordingly, and if add self arranged/organised mutiple stops it will be much better for drivers and delivery partners

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. when announcing road hazards, it shoult be stated which side of the road

knowing what side of the road prepares you better, to either change lanes or be more alert

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More voice warning before freeway exits, regardless of speed

I noticed that the location of the voice instruction you hear before a freeway exit varies based on how fast you're going.
    Around 100 km/h, you get the voice instruction 1.5 kilometres before your exit.
    Around 80 km/h, you get the voice warning about 1 km before the exit.
    Around 60 km/h, you get the warning just 300 metres before the exit.

It's the last one that I think is a problem. Some drivers rely mostly on the voice instructions either because we don't have a phone stand or because of restrictive laws regarding phone use while driving. And if…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Audio

We can provide real time audio updates, along with lanes affected by a problem spotted by a Waze user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice and Sound  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Navigation for large slow and articulated vehicles

For motorhomes and towing a trailer, it’s important not to be sent down narrow lanes, or to be turned right at busy junctions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Heads up display issues

I regularly use Android Auto which integrates nicely with my BMW's heads up display. When using Waze, there are two issues I notice immediately. The first are the suggested lanes is not displayed, yet Google Maps will show the lanes. Also, when a specific font is used, the characters don't show correctly. Instead I get question marks. I have images to share, but don't know how through this site.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add way indicate if there are 2+ people in the car

If you can indicate that people are in the car with you Waze can advise you on route where you can take the HOV lanes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base