Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

523 results found

1. need police hat with wings

we have several states in the new england area and probably other states that use airplanes to monitor traffic. Any reported sighting should backtrack on the map three miles. It allows the driver to be on alert for signs saying be "prepared to slow down" !!! and to avoid police vehicles parked in the breakdown lanes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Report Dumb Lights

Allow us to report non-sensing (timed only) traffic signals. Route GPS coords to DOT or state agencies and aggregate to show hot spots. Then traffic engineers can know better where to improve traffic timing. Super annoying to wait through red lights when no cars are using the cross-street or turn lanes!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Good Morning. I would suggest that the application also identify if it were a TAXI and may indicate Bus Corridors as a good alternative. Her

Good Morning.
    I would suggest that the application also identify if it were a TAXI and may indicate Bus Corridors as a good alternative.
    Here in São Paulo, the TAXI can walk in some exclusvias lanes for buses.
    it certainly would help a lot.

CLAUDIO MANOEL ASSUNÇÃO
    klaudio.dinho@gmail.com
    CPF 522.58.236-68

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Snow removal equipment

I was in Maryland during the recent blizzard. I was able to make the return drive to Pittsburgh on Monday. The roads where clear, however road crews were doing snow removal on the shoulders, left and right. I found during my drive the crews were often on turns and had I had no warning to be able to change lanes for safe distance.

That's when I thought of a SNOW PLOW notification. It would include a left or right choice and on road or shoulder choice. Moving or stationary would be a choice too, but might be a bit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. .

Hey, I founded a bug in the instructions in english to get from 9 Haogen street Herzelia to Moshe Herut. It is written רעננה in hebrew and not in English, Quote" At the interchange Morasha Interchange, Use the right 2 lanes to follow signs for Route 4 toward ‫רעננה‬‎ "end of quote. I hope you will fix it. Thanks Ariela Kiewe 0546603010

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change Dangerous Direction Given by Waze

Near Brandon Florida a direction is given to take Dali Drive to reach Bloomingdale Avenue. If directions are followed and one is turning left, one is forced to cross 4 lanes with very poor visibility! If the app instead directed one to drive just 1 block further instead, the left turn can be made safely with the traffic signal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Safer crossings

Please do not direct to a route where you have to cross into traffic. When there is a safe alternative that takes you to a safe stoplight. And is same time /miles
    Like Apollo beach Blvd. to central which crossed Ty 42 at a stop sign turning left into two lanes of heavy traffic. Vs. turn left on ******* to light at rt41

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Free parking

I'm a volunteer at the smart campus in my university, and we are developing solutions to transport to/from our campus, hopefully making transit better in the surroundings as well. We'd like to feed waze's system with information about the parking lot occupation, to help students and teacher to fill in free parking spaces faster, and avoid lines in public street lanes, directly avoiding traffic jams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Android auto usage: Last update is not ok at all. The route symbol is small and far, while it.s a button used often during the drive. The ro

Android auto usage: Last update is not ok at all. The route symbol is small and far, while it.s a button used often during the drive. The routes to be selecter have no longer different colors. It.s very hard to select the preferred route. The lanes are now in the most difficult corner to be observed, while again is something often to be used/seen. Please revert back everything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mark recommended maneuvers at intersections unsafe or impractical

Waze should let users mark intersections where heavy traffic makes turning left or going through it as Waze directs hazardous or impossible. A turn that makes sense off peak may cause an accident if attempted at rush hour. Conversely, crossing a busy boulevard with six lanes of traffic at an uncontrolled intersection at rush hour may be possible, but only if one waits ten minutes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remote Alerting

Give verified Public safety users the ability to add incidents, remotely via computer at the dispatch center.
    This would give you verified reports in real time, from call-takers and dispatchers of that locality, and would then allow them to offer updates, and warnings of unusual hazards in the roadway.
    Also they would be the first to know when the lanes will be reopened, and the routes police will be re-routing people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Traffic Direction/Headings - N, E, E, SW, etc.

It would be helpful to know (and report) what direction/heading the heavy traffic is moving (or not moving) i.e. N, E, SW, etc
    When I see heavy traffic icons, I'm not sure if it is on my route or going the other way. I think it would benefit other Wazers, if I could alert traffic conditions in the opposite lanes as well... similar to Police or Accident "on the other side."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Setting for guidance to bring you to the front of location not across the street.

When the location you are going to is on a road with two or more lanes that go in opposite directions, any you are coming from the side that is across the street from your destination guidance will bring end on the opposite side.
    This is very inconvenient if you are doing delivery or dropping off passengers and can also be dangerous if you do not go around.
    Please include this in next update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can you do a better job on I 66 near Washington?

I have to say you’re coverage of I 66 outside of Washington DC has become absolutely terrible. Today I got trapped in a traffic jam for over an hour. No warning, no attempt to route me around it… nothing. And this happens over and over again. At best you sometimes note there’s some construction but you don’t seem to understand that entire lanes get shut down. You guys are really letting me down on that area

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow the users to select the navigation way of look

The way the app displays the navigation route is not particularly convenient for me, especially in the part where there is the direction arrowes, which on wide roads shows all the lanes on the monitor which could be cofusing for some people , if the users will have the option to choose which way of the navigation way of look suits them (as you can select the voice in the app), they will make less directional mistakes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. עדכון במידה ובקילומטר/ שתיים הקרובים הכביש עובר מחד סיטרי לדו נתיבי עם הפרדה

שלום רב,
    אני ממליץ על עדכון בתוכנה במידה ובקילומטר/ שתיים הקרובים הכביש עובר מחד סיטרי לדו נתיבי עם הפרדה.
    אתן דוגמא: בנוסעי על כביש חד סיטרי ללא הפרדה אני רואה כי נהגים נוטים לבצע עקיפות מסוכנות וקטלניות למרות שבעוד מרחק קטן הכביש ייהפך להיות דו נתיבי ואילו היו יודעים זאת אולי לא היו מבצעים את העקיפה המסוכנת.

I recommend updating the software if in the next kilometer or two the road goes from one route to 2 routes with a separation.
    Let me give an example: On a two way road without separation, I see that drivers tend to carry…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Motorcycle mode.

As part of the list of requests for "Motorcycle Mode", I'd also like to ask that you add the following feature, something that has literally saved my life. Highlight "Objects on the road" hazards as a high level warning. By that I mean, maybe flash the danger on the UI, and have a different voice over warning. Normally warnings are "Vehicle on side of road". Those aren't a huge hazard, but objects on the road like a blown tire, metal flashing ..etc, are huge dangers for riders.

A great update to this would also be notifying other drivers that a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Put up alerts on the map at nearest exits for major traffic events/closures

In the event of a major crash, it would be very helpful to add to the map at exit routes when the road is closed. Meaning if an accident occurs at exit 10, put up a notice on the map at exit 8 and nine leading up to it, so that I know to seek an alternate route when I still have time to do it
    I am watching a road closure on I 84 this morning, and the news clearly indicates that the road will be closed for a while. There was a tractor-trailer rollover with a fuel spill.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve safety:

Make it easier to report issues on the road so that we don't really have to take our eyes off the road to make the report..

Now if I want to report an object or car, I need to press way too many buttons while driving. It's a huge distraction and we don't need so many details.

You can change it to a simple "Warning" instead of specifying exactly what it is (object? car? police? ...)...I would have a warning button that's always in the corner of the screen, and then a big interface pops up where you choose if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Niles Canyon Advisory for Friday Outbound from Fremont

FYI...If your app considers Niles Canyon an alternate route out of Fremont on Friday Afternoons - Fahgedaboudit! the backup starts at 2:30 pm and by 3:30 pm it's a nightmare. I drive through Niles canyon as part of my commute. On Fridays, I've noticed that the backup for cars wanting to turn right from Mission Blvd into the canyon is quite extreme to the point that cars are using 2 lanes to make the right turn in. This is adding to the slowdown in the canyon itself and at times the intersection gets blocked and cars want to turn…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base