Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

854 results found

1. The May 2023 release of Waze is terrible. Please go back to the previous version.

Here are the problems I have observed with the May 2023 release of Waze and why I would rather go back to the previous version.
    1. It defaults to having a menu open on the left asking where you want to go with the list of your frequent destinations. I preferred the previous version where if I wanted to navigate somewhere it was easy to click the search icon and bring up this menu.
    2. The menu of locations has Home and then a list of recent places I have gone. The previous version listed Home and then WORK and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. TOWNS should be able to submit DO NOT USE THIS ROAD on certain roads

Towns should have a way of reporting problems with rerouting. In the case of many small towns intersecting two major highways, not all roads are appropriate for heavy traffic.

Towns should have a way to “prevent through traffic” on Waze, since Waze users totally blow off “no thru traffic” signs!

For example, small towns still using one lane bridges need to be able to prevent over use and over-weight; afternoon traffic blocking residential roads just because someone is trying to bypass an on-ramp; especially tricks using small town roads not equipped for big trucks and curbs, lawns, and lights all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Navigate toll roads even when pass not entered in settings.

I live near the Georgia, USA, I-75 Northwest Corridor Express Lanes. When a user enters the Express Lanes without a corresponding pass in settings, Waze acts like the road doesn't exist and keeps offering turns as if they were on the main highway, going the opposite direction, on nearby surface streets, etc. After entry there are very few ways to exit the Express Lanes, and it's unhelpful to have suggestions to turn around or to exit from the main highway when you're in the Express Lanes. Perhaps Waze could recognize that the user is on the road, stop freaking out…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Speed regulator.

Create a connection via Bluetooth with the vehicle's on-board computer that will allow the car to reach the legal speed given by the Waze information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Driverless mode

Add a feature for people who are driving autonomous vehicles/ driverless cars, so that drivers driving cars know that it’s in no driver mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Indicator Panel with Arrows and Traffic Directions and Street Names

Hi guys, I have a suggestion for you developers,
    Could you make as a Show and Hide Option the "Indicator Panel with Arrows and Traffic Directions and Street Names" which is black in color,
    And it's always there on the top left and it's huge and it covers a lot of the nav screen, top left, Could you make it like some sort of show and hide option.
    This Information-Indicative Panel is rarely used and is not suitable to be always present on the display especially during long distances.
    This black Information-Indicator panel is rarely used. If possible, please make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Road grade warning

It would be great to have an option to avoid/warn the user about roads with high grades (>15%) as some heavier vehicles may struggle climbing these hills.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add manholes to the list of hazards. I am continuously having to report the hazard as a pothole or object in road. There are numerous

Please add manholes to the list of hazards. I am continuously having to report the hazard as a pothole or object in road. There are numerous low profile vehicles being damaged from these elevated manholes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Map Correction Please - Elderly Person Can't update myself

The address 6608 NE 66th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98661 is incorrect and emergency vehicles can't access address. 66th ave is not a thru road, there is a barrier, it is a private road. 65th ave does not access the property, tall fence. I'm old and can't personally fix your map. Worried about all my elder neighbors on this private drive, your directions are incorrect for emergency vehicles. Other addresses effected on 66th Ave private drive: 6700 NE 66th Ave, 6607 NE 66th Ave. Please update. Much appreciation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Waze should not let other apps change “Play sounds via Bluetooth phone call”.

This screws up some vehicles interfacing with waze via their oem radios and oem phone controls. I want to use waze thru CarPlay but sounds ar3 lost and you cannot manually change setting back to phone controls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reports and Hazard Alerts

Speed camera alerts or warnings should sound regardless of the speed travelling. I would rather know something is there even if under speed. GPS speed monitoring is not as accurate as a vehicles speedometer, it's usually 5mph out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. improve directions for intersection of Avenue Road and Glencairn Avenue, Toronto, Ontario

Traffic is not allowed to cross Avenue Road on Glencairn Ave., or to turn left - for both eastbound and westbound traffic. There have been many accidents at this site and signs are posted. Yet Waze sends vehicles across Avenue road in a manner that is contrary to local road laws. There is no light or stop sign at this intersection; traffic on Avenue Road is through traffic and not required to stop. Please stop sending vehicles across Avenue Road when they are traveling on Glencairn Ave. in Toronto, Ontario. The accidents cost all of us time and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bigger buttons!!!!

The buttons on the carplay screen need to be SO MUCH BIGGER. Newer vehicles have tons of screen space and the "hazard" and "routes" buttons are so small. Make it easier to report things with 1 or 2 clicks at most.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Permanent gate closure

The gate of Pentagon Homes in Narra St.Feria Compound in Quezon City has been permanently closed for 3 years from vehicles & pedestrians and it will remain closed for the years to come.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Help improve law enforcement accountability by creating an icon that drivers can press when they are being pulled over.

The primary function of this feature would be to create a transparent public record of drivers’ interactions with law enforcement, creating a database that could be used to improve accountability and reduce racial or other forms of bias by law enforcement.

Traffic stops are one of the most common forms of interaction with law enforcement in our daily lives. After a rash of recent deadly traffic stops involving African American victims of police violence, there is heightened attention to racial bias in traffic law enforcement. The problem is, academics and policymakers trying to identify racial bias often lack the data…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. WazePro

A personal vision for Waze+

Given that Waze is in a tension with Google Maps and there is a new CEO with a background in tourism I have compiled a few thoughts.

Let me start out with some tentative abstract differentiators:
    Google Maps is for drivers, Waze+ is for all others (too).
    Google Maps is about how to get there, Waze+ is more about why to get there.
    Google Maps is for the brain, Waze+ is for the soul.

A.
    To begin with I would like to see Waze much more individualized and stylish.
    I’d like to express accurately which …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On Navigation preferences

Could you add an “Avoid Parkways”feature?
    Small commercial vehicles like pick up trucks and small vans are not allowed in parkways in Ct and NY and it’s really complicated to move around those areas because Waze will calculate all routes using the Parways.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add features

I have a idea to add features find free penalty park places for diffrent vehicles. Like parking places for motorcycles, cars, etc.
    For example, if someone wants to go shop and find a nearby free and safe parking space without penalty.
    You can add this feature for premium users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Speed trap notification on apple car play

It happened many times in for vehicles that two notifications of speed traps overlap each other blocking severe information of the app.

The only solution is to close the app and re-open it but soon it happens again, really annoying and makes the app impossible to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base