Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3148 results found
-
Support vans
Please please support speed limits for vans and give the option to drive to commercial vehicles speeds (VANS)
It really will help A LOT OF VAN DRIVERS in keeping to the different speed limits. It’s a great app but make it better by adding this feature.11 votes -
Fix sunset dark/night mode toggling multiple times per day
When driving before sunset, Waze switches from its day to night mode a little bit before sunset...then it switches back to day...then to night...then to day... On my drive tonight (headed west on I-20 toward Shreveport, LA), it toggled back & forth 15-20 times before finally settling in on night mode.
I recommend adding some hysteresis into the switching that matches/compliments how you calculate the sunset proximity. Once Waze switches to its night display in the evening or it switches to the day display in the morning, it shouldn't switch back (you know, as long as you're on the same …
5 votesThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Vocal control of everything Waze can do whilst driving.
You should be able to just speak everything into the app, for everything and anything you might need to do, especially since it is illegal to even touch your mobile phone whilst driving these days.
Anything that requires 'touch' to operate whilst driving, NEEDS a vocal command equivalent
18 votes -
Allow to add speed cameras directly in the map editor and/or change their type (speed/light)
Currently you cannot add a speed camera without reporting it on the spot with your app and then go approve it in the map editor.. This slows down the process if you are in the editor and see a camera is missing and don't want to drive there to add it.
Changing the type of existing ones could help correct mistakes when people report a wrong type of camera.7 votes -
siri shortcut
Suggest an option to over write an existing shortcut in Waze when the popup says shortcut already exists. See explanation as to why below.
Not sure how it happened, but some how I created about 10 shortcut phrases that are already taken per Waze Siri shortcut feature and there is no existing entry in Siri Shortcut. For example, I wanted to add "Drive Home" shortcut, but it says it is taken, but there is no entry that exists that I could delete. So I had to add "Drive to Home".
4 votesThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. Looking for in-app assistance? Learn more here.
You can also click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Improve display for alternate routs
When alternate routs are displayed, the route description is displayed in small, grey, hard to read font. A larger and darker font would help.
This option of alternate routs is useful during drive to conclude if a suggested "exotic" route really save significant time.6 votes -
Yellow Box Junction Cameras
TLDR Version: At the moment on Waze you can only report either speed cameras, red light cameras or fake cameras, having a 'yellow box junction' camera would be a logical and great addition imho.
Non TLDR Version: Yellow box junction cameras drive me nuts (for those not UK based these are cameras that make sure yellow box junctions - ie boxes marked on the road to stop drivers stopping at the entrance to a side junction and blocking it), mainly because not all yellow boxes are enforced with cameras (so drivers from all angles enter it and the…
18 votes -
ETA and arrival notification
Sharing my ETA with family and friends is wonderful. Can you give those people I share ETA with a notification when I arrive at my location? My mom really likes the real time. When I arrived after midnight she saw I was close before she went to bed, but when she woke up she couldn't tell that I made it safely.
7 votes -
Holiday lights
People can nominate and submit pictures of their house decorated with holiday lights (can be Halloween, Christmas, Hanukkah, etc). Then when someone uses Waze to drive they can chose to drive a way that takes them through the house holiday lights or take a route just to look at Christmas lights. I think people would love this!
5 votes -
Select safer way by following someone if alternative route is similar time
Safely travel means to follow others. Like on festivals inside crowds ==> people tend to walk together = crowd pulls you. Basically we should drive in circles. While road has dashed line, we better don't want to meet many cars in opposite direction. This can avoid mamy accidents by front crash. Similar road arrangement can be seen ie. also on some festivals so it is not just a dream!! I prefer to come 10min late than never [+]. Waze should offer this always (on dashed line roads).
9 votes -
Create an option to avoid railroad crossings
Can you create an option to avoid railroad crossings on your drive? I drive a school bus and they dont like us crossing railroads if we can avoid them
3 votes -
Display the name of the town/City that i am currently driving through.
Simply Display In some small way, the name of the town I am currently driving in. Sometimes it would be nice to know the name of the town I currently am driving through, Ie. because some police departments use different types of cars, colors etc. If I knew the name of the town I was in... I would know what to look for. Or simply if I am even in the town of my destination. There are multiple reasons this could be useful. I know in some instances it shows it on the map but is too distracting while driving…
29 votes -
Add Integration to Google Calendar App on iPhone for Planned Drives
Add an option to get planned drives from the Google Calendar app on IoS in addition to the integration to the Apple calendar.
8 votes -
Add sunset/darkenss time
A small indication on the map saying for example "39 min to darkness" or similar would be great for many folks who hate to drive in the dark or have various issues with the eyes, or the headlights and need to know how long they can drive before they need to stop.
Also helpful in areas with wildlife / reindeers where driving in the dark poses significant danger to people who are not familiar with the area and not prepared to drive in the dark there.2 votes -
follow a route with a friend
follow a route with a friend, you will be able to see their avatar, the cart following you, or in front of you, and there is also an add type system, my name is Filipi0y, I saw it there in friends in add and search for and display name, the person who received the request has to accept or ignore. And they can follow a route together if they are close to each other
2 votes -
Show bus lanes in motorcycle mode
In Australia, we can drive in bus lanes if you drive a motorcycle/scooter, therefore please preference a route with a bus lane, as it will be much quicker than one without.
3 votes -
Report when you stopped driving
It is difficult to report while driving because the menu is complex. So I wanna report afterwards when I stopped driving: tap on the map and report what was going on there
9 votes -
Support for iOS 11 DND while driving feature
iOS 11 which is being released tonight, supports do not disturb while driving. This means that if you text me whilst driving, rather than being distracted with a text message, my phone will text the person back informing them that I will see the message once I have reached my destination. The person can still call me of course.
This feature works with Apple Maps, but doesn’t work with Waze. Not sure why. Can you make Waze work with it?
7 votes -
Dear Waze Team, I would like to suggest an important improvement to the app: adding a button at the beginning of each drive to select the t
Dear Waze Team,
I would like to suggest an important improvement to the app: adding a button at the beginning of each drive to select the type of vehicle – such as private car, truck, commercial vehicle, bus, etc.
As a truck driver, I often get directed to roads that are not suitable for heavy vehicles – including narrow streets, bridges with height restrictions, or roads where commercial vehicles are prohibited. These situations cause delays, frustration, and sometimes even safety hazards.
I believe this feature would greatly enhance the user experience and allow for more personalized and safe navigation.
…
2 votes -
Share ETA with other wazers
Allow wazers to update friends on ETA. When starting a new journey, I shall be able to select wazers that can get real time update on my ETA, so they know when to expect me.
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?