Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

448 results found

1. Reliability

I have found that Waze is the most unstable of the three major navigation platforms, which include Apple and Google Maps. It routinely has trouble figuring out where one is starting from which causes the map to freeze while the navigation continues. It also consistently either stops working (loses the route, or begins to submit random, rapidfire directions which are all incorrect). This seems to mostly happen in urban settings. While trying to get our dog to cancer treatment in Boston, your navigator went off the rails, forcing me to pull over in traffic and go to another option to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Notifications - Moving modal and/or providing users with ability to "X" out of notifications

In Apple Carplay, Waze notifications pop up and push the directions modal into a small bar with no information except what kind of turn and how far away it is. It removes the worded directions and has made me miss my turn plenty of times. There is no option to "X" out of the notification, only answer "Still there" or "Not still there", but what if I haven't reached the area yet so I can't accurately answer the prompt but need to see my directions? As someone who drives with the sound off in Waze, I'm requesting to provide users…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Trip planning option removed from "Go to destination" window.

PLEASE bring back the "trip planning option" ("drive at xx arrive at xx") to the main GO TO DESTINATION window !!!
    The previous version was better because this option is very useful and important when going to a destination. Searching for it in the main menu is a waste of time...and because we don't always plan a destination.

Sometimes, when I want to go to a destination and I don't need to go now, I look for it and I watch the trafic jam. If I need to wait a few minutes/hours, I plan the route.

Thanks for your work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. please remove camera integration after we hit “place” to add a new one.

Hi
    I just want to know what is the reason that made you put the camera option as the first option to add a new place? Thus, the size of the addition will decrease, and most of the photos will not be accurate, because the time of adding varies from person to person. I may not be in a position that allows me to shot! in order to add the place, and if I do not do that, of course, I will forget it! Therefore, I suggest that the camera option be removed and added as an “optional” option, in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Timon and Pumba

It would be cool to add timon and pumba's voice on Waze, because when I was little i enjoyed watching The Lion King.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix calendar sync on iPhone!!

Calendar sync used to work on my iPhone but now it's gone. I rely on this for my job which is made up of driving to many daily appointments. All my upcoming jobs were nicely listed on my main screen, then that vanished so I went to "planned drives" to find them, and now nothing is there except a screen telling me to sync my calendar but it's already switched on with all my calendars selected! Now I have to go to my calendar, click the appointment, tap the address, tap "open in Waze", click the correct location, then "find…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Voice

Need a housos direction, been watching the old housos (Paul fenceh) while waitinf for their new season, got me thinking how great it would be to have a housos voice for directions/alerts, defiantly something to look into

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add "Disabled Vehicle" to Windows Phone version

I have an Android phone at work, and a Windows Phone at home. I use Waze on both as a single user. I was navigating home on Sunday when I watched a vehicle become disabled next to me at a traffic light. Being the good Wazer that I am, I immediately opened my Waze app and pressed on the "REPORT" icon. On my work (Android) phone under "HAZARD", there is an option to identify "Vehicle Stopped". On my Home (Windows) phone version, that option is completing missing. How did this get left off???? Could someone at Waze add it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Optimal route calculation - include price (consumption/persons time)

I notices that fastest route is chosen.
    I always watch for alternatives if there is a similar time but shorter version.
    Wery ofter is similar time (for example 20minutes faster vis highway, 23 minutes via road), but via high way is 30 km, via normal road is 15km. Difference in consumprion is huge, difference in time is acceptable, even if I calculate the price of my time.

If you calculate best way based on "price", optimal way will be better.

Solution: calculate price of people time (for example 10USD for an hour) and 0,1 USD for one kilometer. Best price…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have several ideas

First I have been through 2 permanent speed cameras Waze did not warn me about. Although it might say turn in 300 metres, I have no conception of distance and if a few streets are close I don’t know which one and It needs to tell you to turn here about 2 secs earlier then it does I miss streets and need to be in other lanes to turn esp. in the city where there are lots of one way streets and turn only lanes. I’m on iPhone and I hate that it turns off Siri google DOES NOT work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. police car detection

scenario,
    you are driving to work every day, so you obviously don't need a navigation app open to show you the way, but you also want to be aware of police cars.

I was going to work one time and as soon as I plugged my phone into my car, google maps gave me a notification something like "work is 15 mins drive" which means it knows roughly when I leave for work and it is sure its work cause its the same time always.

so idea is, even when the user isn't using the app, Waze or google knows…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Waze CarPlay glitch

When navigating in the background on Waze via Apple CarPlay, and trying to change music on Spotify in CarPlay, if I approach a turn, Waze starts popping up prompting me to return to Waze and see the map. However, when it's a simple instruction like "turn right ahead," I will try to minimize the navigation without viewing the map so I can continue selecting music. But the pop up WILL NOT STOP until I click it and go back to Waze to see the map - there is literally no way to ignore the navigational pop ups when trying to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show what each camera is for an where they are an how far it can detect you speeding or how long ur in speed i force ment zone an when u out

Can u please show what each camera is for an have options to say it an report it an when it can still fine u or when it can see u on other side of road too an fine u still please 🙏 an say when u almost at a place u need to slow down an change speeds for different zone speeds cos we need warnings soemtiemes an can we choose a tone for alert 🔔 that we need for each different thing an not show what we don’t need to know like eg car on side of rd…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Car Play

responding to krzycholub on 09.01.2023 01:25 PM:

Yesterday afternoon was a terrible day for traffic in the NY/NJ area. Waze had routed me to use Challenger Road and local roads to get from the NJTPKE North to 46E toward the GWB. The left turn to 46 E was blocked by multiple police cars. Considering that I had spent 10-15 minutes following directions only to be re-routed again, I wanted to let someone know. I couldn’t locate a quick way on the app (when I am using the Apple Car Play screen) to indicate that routing was no longer allowed. It…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Petrol station prices

I use this app every day http://itunes.apple.com/it/app/prezzi-benzina/id373044013?mt=8 to find a the best petrol station in terms of price.
    From my point of view, this app should be integrated in Waze.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Turn Signal about 200 feet sooner. 350 Feet Perfect!!

I was using Waze and I was having issues with the turn signal at 150 ft. I was missing turns. I drive for Uber. Please give me another 200 feet like google. 350 feet is perfect I'm not distracted by watching the Waze GPS.
    At 350 feet I know it's time to slow down and put my blinker on. Now Waze gives the signal to turn at 150 feet I have to put my blinker on and turn immediately. I've missed a few turns. I feel it is unsafe when driving at Rush Hour or through crowded areas like…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Peter Lorre voice

My wife and I were watching Hotel Transylvania 2. When the GPS in the movie spoke with a Peter Lorre impression, my wife said 'We need that voice!'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring back the helicopter tank now!

Dear Waze.. where do you get off? Taking away helicopter take was like taking away freedom from us Americans. How dare you take away that sweet beautiful helicopter tank of mine. Do you know what grinds my gears ways you and your absurd obsession with taking control of my GPS in map needs. Take this as an act of aggression and war will follow. Mess with the bull ha ha you’re about to find out where these horns can go and let me tell your partner I don’t think you’re gonna enjoy it very much. It doesn’t have to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WiFi for CarPlay/AndroidAuto and Phone for Data

The key point here is that
    I HAVE NOT SUBSCRIBED TO MY CAR's ONSTAR DATA PLAN

1. my iPhone is able to connect to the car over WiFi for Apple Car Play
    2. Waze is able to operate through "WiFi Car Play" on my car's infotainment system
    3. This is key: THE CAR DOES NOT HAVE A DATA PLAN. So while I'm connected to the car's local area network (LAN) my phone does not have wide area network (WAN) data through the car's WiFi.
    4. Since the phone is connected to the car over WiFi, Waze thinks it should have WAN data and doesn't…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Increase the size of the text a number is a routes etc

Is there anyway to increase the text size because if looking at the road driving at night and then switching to look at your phone inside the car; the print is very small and it can take me a couple seconds to actually read it correctly. This includes numbers as well as written text. The routes and the exits are sooo small & unclear. If they were larger it would be easier to switch from watching the road to Waze and then back to the road especially at night.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base