Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3148 results found
-
Why waze dont use speed control? ex. If i want a alert whit my car cross 70km/h
Why waze dont use speed control?
ex. If i want a alert whit my car cross 70km/h or a speed limit in my city streets
Drive Safe :)7 votes -
Stop routing traffic inappropriately
I am contacting everyone at Waze right now. Waze is causing problems.
Highway 17 from San Jose to Santa Cruz is notorious for its beach traffic. Waze directing traffic thought downtown Los Gatos and on to mountain side roads to avoid this.
STOP DOING THIS!
First of all this is causing horrendous gridlock in downtown Los Gatos. The town has put up signs telling Beach Traffic to stick to Highway 17. Drivers are ignoring this because Waze gives tells them they can cut thru Los Gatos. This is causing MASSIVE problems.
Second, DON'T direct people off Hwy 17 on…
110 votesThanks for contacting us about reporting an error on the map. Our community of volunteer map editors handle all changes to the Waze map.
To report a map issue in the Waze App
To report an issue on the Waze Live Map
To suggest an edit to the map-editing community
Note that it may take some time for them to review your request.
-
Pause sharing instead of canceling
I like being able to share my room with friends, but I found if I stop somewhere it cancels it. I shared a route with a friend the other day and stopped at a store and when they tried to follow me the request was denied – it was canceled. There must be some way to pause a route when someone is making a temporary stop.
17 votes -
Partnership with blablacar?
Why not propose to blablacar users to program their trip and send it to waze account (and all planned stops), then the blablacar users can share their trip to their friends, they will be able to follow their trip through facebook (with the existing function).
11 votes -
Blue badge
Enable there to be a toggle where people in the UK can toggle blue badge which will enable users to drive through certain tolls for example with my blue badge I have certain tolls for free like congestion charge and I'm free to drive through blackwall and Silvertown Tunnels.
8 votes -
Allow to rename "Home/Work" labels or at least give option to hide the "Home/Work" icons displayed on the maps
Allowing to rename the Home/Work labels or give the option to not show the Home/Work icons on the maps would be a really useful option to help wazers keep their personal information private. For example I often have work collegues and clients in my car and whenever I drive near my home it's clearly labeled on the map exactly where I live. I do not want everyone at work and clients knowing my home address.. Whenever I have to drive with collegues/clients in my car, I switch to using the iOS Maps app so no one will see my address,…
21 votesGreat thinking! We’ll share with the team; they’re always interested in new feature ideas.
-
Link Driving Mode to Waze
When I get in the car driving mode is now an option but Google assistant doesn't actually seem to know who I am. If I say Drive me home it doesn't know where home is... Telling Google is pointless as I live in France and all my language settings are in English so it doesn't understand.
3 votesThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Ability to disable features
Give users ability to disable/opt-out of CarPool. I drive for work, and cannot have passengers, but frequently have navigation blocked by the "Carpool" screen when adjusting my phone in the holder / accidental contact with right side of screen.
20 votesThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Prefer main roads
Please install main roads button, so in cities I take main roads instead of all those side roads just to save a minute but burn way more petroleum and drive zip zag. So if the roads will be similar time waze would preafare main roads, if time would be different fore 5 minutes and more it would take side roads. This would help especially on long journies, we're I can not zoom in every little city all the time.
181 votes -
i am a courier and now i am put back to rank zero ! Thanks ! why ? i drive all over Europe and report every time ! this is the thanks !
Not to put me back to rank zero ! come on ! yes i drive for a living all over Europe and now this, shame. greetings dutchsprinter.
1 voteThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Ability to reply to messages received from users that are not in my Friends list
I sometimes receive a message from a wazer asking about traffic or the weather or police and I would like to be able to respond... after all we are a community, are we not?
2 votes -
Toll roads
When entering in a destination, please put the toll roads option there instead of in the settings. I am a driver in New York City. All day long, I would need to go into settings and check/uncheck toll roads. When I drive a passenger, of course, all the toll roads are taken, but when returning, I avoid as much as possible. Please change the tolls feature to somewhere when entering in the destination. Thank you
108 votesHey,
Please note we're changing the status of this suggestion to Not right now, since we finalized our plans for 2023 and this idea won't be implemented this year.
We hope to have it included in our plans for later years and will keep you posted.
Thanks! -
Tell us WHY Waze can't find a route
Today I was in Virginia and starting a drive to Northampton, MA. Waze told me that it couldn't find a route. In fact, it couldn't find a route to Boston, or New Haven, or anywhere else north of NY, NY. (It can find a route to NY, NY). I'd like to know why. I tried multiple phones.
When things like this happens, Waze should say WHY it can't find a route.
35 votes -
1 vote
-
Type of Route Options Preference settings
I frequently drive a route that gives me the option of taking a toll road or driving on the non-toll route or taking streets - but when I look at the routes available to me, I am not able to compare the time savings of taking the toll road vs the non toll version of the road. I am only able to see toll road, or a street option, or an alternate freeway option. I would really like to be able to see the difference in commute time if I jump in the HOT lane vs not paying toll and…
6 votes -
groups but no friend list on waze
Hi all! Im wondering just one thing. On waze you can join a group, but there is no way to have a “friend list” for locating them, know if there are online, send address or just chat. Can this feature be added?
26 votes -
want to create link on website, that make Waze destination point by clicking on it (using smartphone browser)
Invent URN format like waze:// and register waze to handle it. Then will be possible to create Waze destinations on websites to easy navigate.
Same URN can be used as easy destination sharing with friends.5 votes -
There should be a way find a point to switch drivers
If your drive is 6 hours and there's two drivers and you want to split the drive waze should have a location you should switch drivers and also waze should figure how to split the drive if it's a long drive like a 16 hour drive between 5 people etc.
1 vote -
Eco mode
How about an Eco mode that would give you a warning beep if you accelerate or decelerate too fast or drive over the posted speed limit? Of course, the driving speed (for traffic) would need adjusted (because if you're driving 10 under the speed limit for MPG reasons that doesn't mean that there's traffic issues).
9 votes -
Put a bike lane in the Lincoln and Holland tunnels
https://twitter.com/waze/status/1091359985647394816
Nobody can walk into NYC from Jersey City/Hoboken. You need to drive a vehicle or take a bus. Seems really tone def. I'm just following instructions from your twitter account. Would love for you to work with the port authority of new york / new jersey to get a bike lane or some way for pedestrians to walk under the tunnel.
19 votes
- Don't see your idea?