Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Facilitate the addition/editing of rivers, lakes and water cover

Drawing large rivers on the map, for example, is torture. Although there are scripts that "help" the task, Waze should add its own feature to add water covers, instead of the place editors as it is today.

My suggestion is that each type of water cover has its own type of editor. For example, to draw a river, the editor draws a line that follows the direction of the river and chooses the width, Waze then fills in smoothly, that is, with several "dots".

Another suggestion is the possibility of connecting aquatic elements, such as connecting the river to a…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Looking into the suggestion  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Note or comment on reason for place update request in editor

Create an option to add a note onto a PUR in the editor when a change is pending for a higher level editor to approve the request.

There are several suggestions on being able to add reasons for why an update is rejected, but a method for the submitting editor to explain the reason for a change might be more effective in helping the senior editor make the decision to accept or reject.

This can currently be done with a map comment, but often those arent noticed when reviewing the PURs in busy areas or will remain on the map…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adicionar postos que possuem GNV

Adicionar postos que possuem combustível GNV

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ajouter un outil de signalement d'animaux perdus

Bonjour, je me permets de vous contacter pour vous soumettre une idée qui pourrait rendre votre application encore plus attractive et qui pourrait rendre service à un grand nombre de personnes...

Étant actuellement à la recherche du petit chien de ma sœur qui à fugué, j'utilise Waze pour vérifier les signalements d'animaux morts sur les routes (en espérant ne pas le retrouver de cette manière).

L'idée est qu'il serait vraiment très pratique de développer une option permettant de signaler des animaux errants... Encore plus pratique, un service permettant de signaler aux conducteurs qu'un animal est recherché dans une zone précise…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking into the suggestion  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Consolidate the two WME suggestion boxes

Please consolidate the two Uservoice-based WME suggestion boxes. There has been a "Waze Map Editor" subcategory of the "Waze Suggestion Box" for at least a few years, and due to default links and navigation that is still an easier suggestion box to find than this one. Or, is there a reason to have two different suggestion boxes for WME?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WME frontend should show backend errors

Hi,
    when saving, if the backend fails, it returns a message. But often they are not localized, and in that case we get a generic
    "Please try again later" which is useless because in most case the problem will not solve and the only solution is to cancel all edits.
    Here is a list of messages that are not localized and need to be displayed (maybe not exactly in the same form, but at least do not tell the user to try again if it is impossible that it works.

Invalid street 0 was set for venue ID -100
    Missmatch…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

Thank you very much for this great suggestion.
    It was added to our backlog to try and see the possibility to implement it.

Please note there is no ETA for it yet.

Best,
    Hezi

8. Re-enable addition of red light cameras

The county I live in has installed new red light cameras on one of the parkways that runs through it. This parkway has a number of at-grade crossings, thus the installation of the red light cameras. I would have outlined/identified these cameras if I were able to, so as to warn others of their existence. Unfortunately, it seems that this option has been removed. Please bring it back so I may warn others of these cameras. Thank you.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Topes en Mexico

Debería existir la opción de agregar los topes en todos los estados de México, ya que cuando es de noche o llueve estos no se distinguen, ya que muchos no están pintados como advertencia de reducción e velocidad.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New suggestion subcategories: (1) UR Handling and (2) Management Tools

Please add suggestion-box subcategories for (1) UR Handling and (2) Management Tools. These are critical aspects of the experience for all Waze editors. Strictly speaking they are somewhat separate from main WME functionality, so it would be more inviting to provide dedicated suggestion subcategories.

UR Handling would involve all aspects of how URs and PURs are submitted and handled, including communication with UR reporters. Community Management Tools would involve Waze tools to support how new and advancing editors are contacted, informed, awarded greater responsibilities, or in the unfortunate but not uncommon case of difficult editor situations, contained.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Landmark and POI's categories

In WME, while editing the map, it would be useful to have the possibility to activate/deactivate categories of Landmarks/POI’s – something similar to Map Layers: I do not need to have all the categories visible and somehow polluting the map with Landmarks/POI’s like Park, Beach, River, etc.

So, the idea is to have the possibility to select those categories I want to see and deactivate those less interesting for the day-to-day editing.

Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mark police/traffic issues on OTHER side of road

Today one can only mark police, traffic issues on the same side (direction of travel) of traffic, Provide the option to help others know when police, accident, traffic issues are on the other side of the road to aid the opposite traffic know about it since it is known before they get there.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Vocalize speed limit when speed limit changes.

I realize Waze can show the speed limit on screen and alert when a user goes over the speed limit, but the app does not make any kind of auditory alert when there is a speed limit change (ex: “The speed limit is now 70 MPH”)

Such an alert would be useful because if a driver could know that the speed limit has been, say, raised from 60 to 65, he or she can then drive faster sooner. It might otherwise take 5 or 10 minutes before the driver notices the speed limit was raised - by seeing this on…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Practice mode in WME while logged in

As far as I know, after logging into the WME, the user cannot enter practice mode anymore.
    I suggest that besides "Default mode" and "Event mode", there will be "Practice mode" that will enable anyone to go into the practice mode directly even when already logged in. This might be useful for anyone who wants to try to edit in order to test something or to illustrate some edit option (and take a snapshot of it), and also it is suggested to enable entrance into the tutorial videos from there.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A map problem for a suspected closed venue

Many venues that are closed remain in the WME and become WME garbage. During the years these "garbage venues" are growing in number, and the editors do not pay attention to them.
    I suggest that there will be a new map problem that will pop up when a venue was not a destination of any navigation for a year or two. If the MP is closed without deleting the venue, it will reset the time for that venue (as though it was a navigation destination).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Editing rank on a per-server or per-polygon basis

Waze is a worldwide service with global user permissions, but often travelling editors will do work in another area, or editors will take on area management roles in multiple countries. This can lead to disagreement about an editor's capabilities between different management groups in self-managed countries which can hamper a user's ability to get promoted. I would like to propose that it be possible to grant a user enhanced rank in certain areas only instead of globally. This could be tied to the server (environment), or better to a polygon much like we define Area Management areas today.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve comments from other users on Closures and Reports

When other users comments on Closures and Reports I have submitted they show as a pop-up in the app and then disappear, forever! These comments are nowhere to be found. Not in the app inbox, not in my e-mail.

The only way to reply is to find the closure or the report on the map. But for an L5 editor like myself who puts dozens of closures around the country every week, that's useless.

Can you please improve how these comments are handled?

Thanks, Yanis.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. custom alerts

I would like to be able to place custom warnings in WME that come through to the app.

problem:
    - certain tunnels see a lot of truckers or camper vans getting jammed because they are too large to enter.
    - school area's getting dangerous when people who do not know the area are routed through due to a traffic jam somewhere else.

Idea:
    I imagine this like placing a speedcam in WME but then beeing able to fill in a message (with a set maximum of characters).
    We could use those to put warnings in problematic areas, and these can…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking into the suggestion  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Setting "Repeat every year" on an existing restriction

Now that we have the "Repeat every year" checkbox for restrictions, it'd be useful if we could tick this for existing restrictions to turn them into repeating ones, without the need to then also edit the start/end dates to avoid the "Start date can not be in the past" error.

e.g. a segment has an existing restriction set for 5th September 2019 to 20th October 2019, and the restriction is one that ought to be set as recurring.

The preferred workflow would be for the editor to simply tick the "Repeat every year" checkbox and save, without any other changes…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey!

Thank you for this suggestion.
    We want to kindly ask you to share with us cases in which you believe this development can be at your assistance.

This will help us to get a decision about this suggestion.

Best,
    Hezi

20. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Map Editor Suggestions

Categories