Skip to content

Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

938 results found

1. Improve Segment History Reporting of Turns

Description: Currently when editors make most changes to a turn between two segments the segment history simply shows "Turn onto X road updated". It would be much more helpful if we could easily tell what was changed about that turn. Was is a turn instruction override (TIO)? A difficult turn? Time-based restrictions? There was a change in a value associated with the data model of that segment, so it's very much possible to have the segment history be more specific.

In this image there are three entries for turn updates to the same turn, but other than the TIO there…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Push questions to communicate with drivers

A suggestion to enable Push questions (PQ’s) to communicate with drivers in order to solve map problems
    I thought it would be really great if Area managers would be able to send PQ’s to drivers in order to get their help in resolving map problems.
    For example:
    • If I get a UR (in an area with low traffic) suggesting that a right turn isn’t enabled anymore and I want to verify this I might need to wait a long time until someone else will send an additional UR.
    • Or if a road is suspected to be closed and…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Speed limit update requests to Production in ROW

Given that the appearance of SLURs has now calmed down I would like to make a proposal to move SLURs from beta to production editor.

There are, however, two questions to everyone in ROW:
    1) can you reports SLs from app? New SLURs pop up from time to time, but I haven't been able to make one myself;
    2) would you like to bring all previous SLURs to prod or have a reset and make a fresh start? My vote goes to "bring everything to prod", because the current amount and appearance of new ones is manageable.

By: matsalka
    Link…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Thank you for this suggestion.

As it was announced in the forum we are currently working on improving the SLUR workflow and user experience.
    This suggestion will be taken into consideration in the work.

So, thank you again we will update accordingly.

Hezi

4. Keyboard shortcut for Walking Trails

Ever since Walking Trails where removed from the road type selection for normal Roads, you can no longer add Walking Trail segments from a Keyboard shortcut. Please add a new shortcut.

My Suggestion would be Ctrl-I and an alternative to the I shortcut for new Road. (Shift-I is already used to toggle the Sat Imagery Layer).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add gates to the map that can be opened, or closed, for each individual wazer

Every private installation currently has two, or more, roles (employee/visitor/secret/resident/etc) that are often poorly understood by the map editors. Currently, editors are forced to choose one role then use various segment types to direct wazers to the gate(s) used by that role. For example, in a gated neighborhood we might set the public entrance to local street while all of the resident-only entrances are private road.

This idea is to have WME support a gate icon that could be dropped onto a segment. These gates would then be visible on the app's map as buttons which a wazer could select…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You cannot report an issue unless you are directly at the exact site on a route, which is dangerous.

Allow users to report an issue up to 2km past the site of issue. This allows time to safely pass whatever it is you are reporting.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Do not move my map somewhere else after an edit

Hi,
    when editing from the feed (closing MP, UR), after saving WME moves to a random place where it thinks there are other UR I can solve. It is extremely annoying. When editing I save often because of various save bugs, and as soon as I saved it moves somewhere else and I cannot find where I was editing to finish the job.
    Same problem when saving, if Waze thinks there is a problem it moves my map to where it thinks the problem is, and if it is a long road, it happens often that the road is offscreen.…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

Thank you very much for this great suggestion.
    As we believe this will be solved with a release of related features, we added to our backlog to track and make sure it was solved.

Best,
    Hezi

8. Create or Save and edit drive route and daily commute

Hi

It would be great if we can create and alter our own drive route. While it is great that Waze does suggest the best route at the time, there might be more alternate routes that do not appear on the list. If we could be able to create and edit out own route, we avoid a certain toll road, but go on another. or choose a certain toll entry point over another that could save us a couple of dollars every trip.

Or if Waze could use and save our already travelled daily commutes? that would make it easier…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow importing of map problems by Country Coordinators/Global Champs

There are various tools and open data sources available in several countries that allow us to pinpoint locations on the map where someone should take a look to make sure everything is up to date. I think it would be great if coordinators could upload a file to Waze that would result in map problems appearing in the WME at those locations. There are some userscripts out there for specific cases that can already show such an overview, but that would require all editors to have that script installed.

Minimum viable product:
    Certain editors get access to a form where…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow high-level editors to assign low-lev editors a higher level for a defined area

Allow high-level editors to assign low-lev editors a higher level for a defined area.
    In active areas of constructions/modifications of new/existing roads there might be a lot of adjustments of primary roads/highways (L4/5) which a midlevel (L3) have better local knowledge of the progress.
    Today we have to request that a set of segments have be opened (lowered level) and later restored.
    I propose that a high level (L5/6) editor can assign a user a higher level for a specific area and maybe specific time-period (the same way as a comment can cover an area)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove restriction types in WME for vehicle types and restrictions that are not currently in-app to choose

Remove all vehicle types in WME, that you cannot currently choose within the Waze App.

This won't apply to vehicle types that are currently planned to be released to the app, but the "Truck" and "Bus" types haven't been selectable in the App for some time now. This is very confusing for newer editors who are trying to make edits, using vehicle types that will have no effect on anything.

Similarly please remove the "lane" restrictions like specific restrictions only for the left lane, etc. These do not work and in some edge cases, actually apply to the whole segment…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to suggest some corrections to your map

How do I give you changes or updates to your maps. Google allows this.

Wonders of Winter in Waterloo is shown at the correct location on the map but the address is wrong. Address is Central Drive but lists Young St as this is the park address.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I tune control

Adding Itune control to the music control in the app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  dashboard  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Speed trap reporting

Our speed traps are in vehicles and not a fixed spot. It would be nice to be able to report the speed trap in app vs going in WME

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  dashboard  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ajouter un outil de signalement d'animaux perdus

Bonjour, je me permets de vous contacter pour vous soumettre une idée qui pourrait rendre votre application encore plus attractive et qui pourrait rendre service à un grand nombre de personnes...

Étant actuellement à la recherche du petit chien de ma sœur qui à fugué, j'utilise Waze pour vérifier les signalements d'animaux morts sur les routes (en espérant ne pas le retrouver de cette manière).

L'idée est qu'il serait vraiment très pratique de développer une option permettant de signaler des animaux errants... Encore plus pratique, un service permettant de signaler aux conducteurs qu'un animal est recherché dans une zone précise…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow assigning house numbers from the map while there.

I go a lot of places and the house numbers in some areas are either nonexistent or just plain wrong. It would be nice to edit the map while on the street with the house numbers.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Submit corrections

Is there a way to submit corrections? Waze has my address wrong. It sends people to a nearby street. This is a big problem now as I am having groceries delivered during the pandemic. Thanks for any assistance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Address correction

We would like to ask that you Please correct the address information for our business; Furniture Brat. The address is: 425 E Germann Rd. Suite 105, Gilbert AZ 85297. Thank you so much.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Landmark and POI's categories

In WME, while editing the map, it would be useful to have the possibility to activate/deactivate categories of Landmarks/POI’s – something similar to Map Layers: I do not need to have all the categories visible and somehow polluting the map with Landmarks/POI’s like Park, Beach, River, etc.

So, the idea is to have the possibility to select those categories I want to see and deactivate those less interesting for the day-to-day editing.

Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add traffic on map when not navigating so that we can see traffic like Google maps does.

Please add traffic onto map when not navigating so that we can see traffic congestion like Google maps does. I tend to just open Waze for traffic issues and police and hazards when driving to work everyday because I don’t need to navigate to work normally.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?