Skip to content

Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

937 results found

1. Add sub-places tab

Please add a tab for places (in addition to General, More info, Photos). This tab will include a (sorted) list of sub-places that exist in the building. Each such sub-place will be searchable in the application and will appear as: sub-place name, place name, address.
    Examples:
    A mall may have 100 stores, all these store will be gathered in the tab of the mall and not as distinct point places, and will appear in the search as: Mall name – store name, address of the mall.
    An office building that contains 40 private offices (lawyers, accountants, etc.) will be a…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Update Request Submission Time

The submission time listed for URs SHOULD indicate the time the reporter clicks the report button in the app, NOT the time it is submitted/sent. The timestamp of sending is not as important as the timestamp when the button is pressed (i.e. for verifying Time Based TRs)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Invert Coordinates in Editor (first Latitude, after Longitude)

In Waze Map Editor the coordinates appear Longitude and Latitude.
    But in my opinion, this is stupid, because all Maps, GPS, Navigators use the opposite, first Latitude and after Longitude.
    I use the coordinates to search something in another map, and I have to reverse the coordinates.

So, I suggest invert the coordinates in Waze Map Editor. Showing first Latitude, after Longitude.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. WME - Allow to put and specify an estimated duration for mobile speed camera

In some countries, there are, in addition to mobile and fix speed cameras, some "almost-fix" speed camera : these speed cameras are placed on the roadside for a period of several days (one or two weeks) before being moved elsewhere for the same duration.
    It would be good in WME to provide these types of radars with an estimated duration (and for example to cancel them if there ane any confirmation during a period of 24 hours).
    With the present system, police alert are to short and fix camera reported in WME is not the right solution.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Better WME ranking system

It is very hard for newcomers in WME to be able to contribute as much as they wanted due to the ranking system that doesn't allow to do much at first. It is very hard to get to at least level 3 which allows to alter some segments in the driving area and it is almost impossible without hunting for missing POIs or stuff like that. There aren't always many editors with higher ranks and sometimes they can get overwhelmed by the editing tasks and opened map problems.
    There should be a better system in place that would allow newcomers…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New Feature Request - When a photo must be rejected

It would be nice to have a comment window or a multi-choice button list in WME to send to the Wazer who submitted a rejectable photo so that we can tell them why the photo is being rejected:

• This photo shows a person's face
    • This photo is too blurry
    • This photo shows a license plate
    • This photo is not helpful in identifying the place

...and so forth. It would be something more than just "this does not meet our community standards."

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Put a Seed on the Production map (from the Editor) to "ask for specific questions" to actual wazers

Could be used for many things.
    My idea would be:
    a) Wazer, do you see a traffic light in "this" corner?
    1. Yes
    2. No

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Search POI area

On WME you can create some category of building (shopping, industry, professionals, supermarket, parking, port, beach, sport area...) why not a search option to select a specific of one? think you're in a city and looking to found a restaurant, being able to select restaurant and see all restaurant around yourself. looking to hostels being able to do same etc etc... being able to search same kind of POI than WME editor got. could be useful to found some kind of area

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please, fix editor map behavior for trackpad's

It is almost impossible to use zooming in the map editor via trackpad.
    No problems using it for usual map or any other google map, though.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a comments field to WME when adding a closure

When adding a closure, I think it would come in handy if there was a comments field (or text box) that could be used to let other editors know, what source was used. If there is a problem/question afterwards, other editors know where to ask for additional info.

This field should only be visible to editors, no need to show it in the Waze app itself.

Currenly I use the description field, but that's not so handy.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow road closing for low rank editors

Allow lower rank editors (like me) to close roads from within WME. Since Waze doesn't want to allow low ranked editors to close roads (for good reasons), the solution would be to only show the closed roads for the editor and group. If others value my contribution, they can subscribe to my group and get additional road closure updates.

It might also be possible to close a road and have it marked unapproved, awaiting for a higher rank editor. But that unapproved closure would be active for the user and group within the App.

If the closed road gains enough…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Waze Map Editor Multi Plateforme

Actuellement uniquement disponible sur PC via le site web cela pourrait être pratique de l'avoir soit directement inclus dans l'application soit proposer une app permettant d'y avoir accès via nos support portables. car lors de déplacement nous pouvons voirs des erreurs à certains endroits et n'avons pas forcément de PC avec nous et encore moins de possibilités de connexion via celui ci. alors qu'un accès à internet par téléphone et tablette et bien souvent plus aisés.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New editors contact

Frequently, all we've found bad editions, make it by new and inexperienced editors.

In Spanish Community we send a PM to those editors, showing what they are making bad, inviting them to know the Wiki and forum or offering them our help.
    Usually this editors don't know about the existence of Wiki neither forums and therefore never read our messages, continuing with his bad and useless work or leave to edit because never see his work in the maps.
    I think would be an interesting tool if when we open WME, would appear a message advertising that they have a…

177 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Edit favorites on the map editor

Enable favorite editing in map editor. This would be an easier way to make include of several favorites or POIs help in planning a trip.

Ideally it would allow planning with historic traffic data (similar to Google Maps) allowing to establish the travel time between them and estimate the arrival time .

Alternatively the Waze can import the saved locations from Google Maps, so it should be possible to link the Waze has Google Maps account.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Require Place Update Request approvers to confirm deletions & other major changes

Please add an extra layer of confirmation before saving in WME, if approving a PUR would remove a Place, change it from an Area to a Point, or change it from Public to Residential (all actions that delete a lot of data).

A change of the place's primary name should also require an extra layer of confirmation before saving, this is even more common than deletion although less immediately destructive.

Why do I bring this up? A Rank 6 editor, or possibly Waze staff, recently deleted the Area Place for San Francisco International Airport. It had been locked at Rank…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Testing routes in waze map editor

I would like to test a route, from A to B, in the map editor to check if the optimal route is chosen and find the reason why not. It could be easier to find that waze leads astray which happened to me this summer. Waze tried to lead me against a one way street.

101 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Warning Node (For editors level 3 + ) / Crear un Nodo de avisos (Editores nivel 3 o más)

English: I'm thinking of give the option of create a node with specific instructions readable by the waze voice on the road for experimental editors (level 3 + ) example: slow down, pot hole in 300mts, slow school zone, etc.

Español: La idea es crear un nodo que editores expertos (3+) puedan configurar con instrucciones especificas para zonas que no tienen cambios de un dia a otro, estas instruccinoes las leeria la app y daria aviso a los conductores. Ejemlo:

Bajar velocidad zona de baches; bajar velocidad zona escolar, cuidado construcción mas adelante, entro a zona de derrumbes, tope en…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Advertisment Error Handling

Please change Paid Advertisement Handling to have them appear on the Map Editor after they have appeared and allow Editors to submit update requests that Advertisers need to acknowledge. The existing Google forms that are posted in the forum are worthless. I have submitted multiple forms for Kroger Ad issues around greater Columbus, Ohio that do not appear to have any affect. (Also, I have never received feedback on a report filed.) A month later another Ad shows up with the store still located 3 blocks away from its actual location. If the Ad Place appeared in the Editor and…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A road type for drive though's in the map editor.

When driving around in a drive through i always end up on the main street or in a parking lot. the "parking lot" road option is currently the best way to describe them but its not really that or a private road either.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. House numbers with slash

Allow add house numbers with slash. For example: 631/29. 639 is for building, 29 is for entrance (Distance between entrances can by big). All block-buildings in my country has this double numbers.Also houses can be marked 10/a 10/b. It is not possible to add this type of number to editor, so usually we have just streets but no one is adding house numbers - as it would be inaccurate to put just first or second number.

2,796 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Map Editor Suggestions