Skip to content

Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

938 results found

1. Send problem to setted email by template

Need posibility create template email, and set receivers emails, when i put problem on map email should automaticaly fill template and send it to receivers, with possibility take photo or video for that time from connected videoregistrator.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Closure layer behaviour on selected segments

When the closure layer is off and you have a segment with closure selected, the active closure is not showing when you switch on the closure layer. You need to unselect and reselect the segment to be able to see it. It would be nice if that can be resolved.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. calculated average speed of average speed segment

There are some road segments which have average speed cameras. Almost always the human beings unable to calculate average speed, so instead they simply don't exceed the enforced speed, the max speed, not average. In case if there are obstructions, slow vehicles, turning vehicles in the average speed segment, the real average speed may fall significantly below what was requested by Road Code rules.
    Please add indicator of calculated average speed of passing of the current average speed segment

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  dashboard  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add keyboard shortcuts for setting a voice prompt override when a turn is selected

Please allow setting the turn override with a keyboard shortcut, when the turn popup is shown.

Define a set of shortcuts for all possible values (or at least for the main common ones, continue, turn left, turn right, u-turn)
    You can show them on the dropdown, so that people know what key to use.
    Example: https://ibb.co/hHZsXtM

This would save a lot of clicks (and would more likely prevent mistakes of setting the opposite direction) in particular when setting them over roundabouts.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Update UR Categories the same as the App

Would like to match app problem descriptions with those presented in WME URs.

For example: UR's that come in for 'Wrong Driving Directions' (what the App says)
    Show in WME as 'Improper / Poor navigation instruction'

Having that changed to 'Wrong Driving Directions' will help with editors looking at responses and what to select for a default/1st response to a user.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. modify navigation to Bombo Headland and Quarry

After recently speaking to sightseers looking for Bombo Headland while walking from Darien av I asked them what navigation tool they use. The name Waze came up. Sightseers navigating with Waze to Bombo Headland and/or Quarry are taken into Darien avenue, a residential street. I have recently successfully modified Google maps to direct navigation to the carpark at Bombo Beach which is the intended direction from Kiama council and is closer to these wonderful sightseeing places. Please see example here:- http://ow.ly/MBgg50DFXBp

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Events entry for multiple dates but basic information is the same for quicker creation

I spent quite a bit of time entering Events today for concerts that happen on every Friday in the summer. Basically the only information that was different was the dates and the road closures were also the same except for the dates. This would be a great time saver if it could enter all the dates and times in separate sections and created separate Events.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow for the addition of signage symbols for turn instructions.

I'm not asking for the ability to add all road signage (e.g. regulatory signage) as this would be overkill, but many countries include symbolism on big green signs to display additional services on a turn instruction without having to use lengthy text to do so.

While some symbolism exists in unicode/emoji form, these are not uniform across platforms and having country specific visual aids to add to signs would be a valuable way of informing drivers of additional services on their turn instructions.

The types of signs I would like to see added include:
    * Accomodation
    * Camping
    * Caravan…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Seasonal Roads

In almost every climate, there is some time of seasonal weather condition that closes roads at least temporarily during a season.

For example, in the winter, some municipalities will not plow certain roads where the roads are not servicing any addresses. These roads are legally open, but may not be passable by most vehicles except during periods of melt or the end of the season melt. In other areas, seasonal rains or snowmelt mean that dirt roads are impassible to most vehicles several days at a time due to mud, but are usable in drier spells during that season. Because…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. change/adapt default average speed assigned to a segment for itinerary calculation

Hello,

Using the script "road speed", I can see what are the average speed used for route calculation on every segment.

I'm working on the map in Rwanda, Africa. Here, the major/minor highway may sometime be unpaved road. On these road, the driving speed never exceed 20-30 kph. However, by default, the speed on these "major highway" segment asigned by waze is 60-80 kph, which induce huge difference in the ETA.

Of course, in cities or in the main roads where there is a lot of wazer traffic, this is automatically adapted thanks to the users. But in less populated…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Prevent the creation of place "my home"

Many drivers create places called "home", "my house" or any similar name. It takes some time to review/reject the PUR, so it would be great to have something to automatically prevent it : a warning to the user ? a filter to automatically reject the creation ?

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Parking blue zone

In the Netherlands, but also in other countries, there are parking spaces that you can use for a certain period of time (eg for a maximum time). Blue zone parking spaces. I would like to have an option for this in WME so that it can be checked.

If more information is needed, please let me know.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. select many street type for one segment

some segment is primary street with "not maintained" other segment are narrow street with "not maintained", these to segment is different for sure

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Route of Last Resort RTC

Ability to create an RTC (or TBSR) that will permit routing on the segment as a last resort (effectively make it a PR from a penalty perspective).

This would be very helpful for soft construction closures that are marked "local traffic only"

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Draw City Boundaries More Accurately

Currently City Boundary layers are not drawn precisely, which can result in the wrong city name being displayed to users in the app. I continue to get URs on this regularly in my area.
    This issue seems to be seen commonly when cities are divided by an undulating river. Users should not be shown that they are in a city that they are not in. The system to "draw" the city layer should rely on more data points to draw a more accurate city layer. I will attach screenshots to show this more clearly.

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&lon=-122.59338&lat=49.19848&zoom=2

https://imgur.com/V9kFFp4
    Incorrect city "Maple Ridge"…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WME notification shouldn't reset counter of PMs in forum

If I get a new private message while I'm in WME, the notification shows a tiny 1, and the counter of unread PMs in the forum is reset to 0. The counter should be reset only after the PM has been read in the forum.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve the format of unlock request titles

Including the current lock level of the segment allows editors to see at a glance if they are a high enough rank to address the request, and adding the name of the segment helps differentiate between multiple requests from the same editor in the same city. I would recommend this format:
    Level 4 unlock in Winnipeg, Manitoba (Main St)
    If the segment doesn't have a city name, there shouldn't be a comma before the state:
    Level 4 unlock in Manitoba (Hwy 9)
    If the segment doesn't have a street name, the parentheses should be omitted:
    Level 4 unlock in Winnipeg,…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Only allow editing of road shield if you can edit the segment

I know, and have no issues with, that if you add/change a road shield on a segment it will add/change the road shield to every segment with the same streetID (same street name, city, state, country combination) no matter where it is (even if you you don't have edit rights in the area)

My issue is that I should not be able to go to an area, state, country that I have ZERO edit rights in and add/change their road shields.

My suggestion is that when you select a segment, if you can't make a normal edit to that segment,…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,
    Thank you for this suggestion.

Currently we won’t move forward with this suggestions as road-shields are assigned to streets and not to segments, which has higher benefit in the mapping process.

If a user have editing rights to one of the segments on a street he/ she will be able to assign the road shield .

Best,
    Hezi

19. Wildlife Collision Hazard Areas

Wildlife, especially deer, are a significant hazard to drivers in many parts of the world. Collisions with deer account for one to two million insurance claims each year in the US alone. While wildlife on the roadway is harder to anticipate than other hazards, authorities do know of specific areas, times of year, and times of day that drivers are at increased risk of collision. Please let us mark these hazard areas (with the times of year and times of day they should be "active" to avoid hazard-alert fatigue) to communicate this risk to drivers. Both drivers and wildlife will…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove false city names from UK WME database

Following the mass import of data for 3 ad campaigns (McDonald's, M&S, Aldi) by the Ads / Geo-ops teams the UK map is now littered with false or incorrect city names. These must be removed from the map immediately as they are NOT city names and should not exist.

The UK Champs have asked privately for this to be done but for some reason this request needs to be public.

This is NOT a change to UK mapping, this is simply following common sense that Counties should never be used as a city name and fake city names should not…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?