Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

448 results found

1. addition

If it is possible, it is just a suggestion in order to change the car screen system to something that you can do and it will be a very wonderful program.
    First - themes for the program: colors, models of cars and their companies. We can control them within Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
    Secondly - The speedometer tab has a sporty shape and neat shapes that you can design and they are integrated with the themes that you will make with each car, company and model that has its own meter 💖💖

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Android Auto blocking scrolling

When using Waze over Andoid Auto, it blocks selections until you stop the vehicle. It is rather irritating as it is possible to use Waze if I disconnect from Android Auto, select address on the handset and reconnect, which requires 5x as much distraction.

It is OK to warn to watch the road instead, but it should release the further selection after a while like the phone app.
    The most irritating is when I have just reached the desired
    address and you mask it with the blocking warning :(
    I advise that you unblock the screen after a while (10-15…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Missing the first part of the directions when connected to car bluetooth

With a previous update this started happening in one of my cars. The first audio that came out of the car speakers would be several seconds into the directions so you would hear for instance "turn right". You missed "in 1/4 mile". I just updated to ios14 and my other car is now doing it. It's disappointing Waze has chosen to ignore this issue. I was an early adopter but will be looking to Apple Maps in hopes of not having this issue. Waze is losing one of it's champions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Snow removal equipment

I was in Maryland during the recent blizzard. I was able to make the return drive to Pittsburgh on Monday. The roads where clear, however road crews were doing snow removal on the shoulders, left and right. I found during my drive the crews were often on turns and had I had no warning to be able to change lanes for safe distance.

That's when I thought of a SNOW PLOW notification. It would include a left or right choice and on road or shoulder choice. Moving or stationary would be a choice too, but might be a bit much…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Alert drivers that a street they are about to take is extremely steep and their car might not make it up.

Alert drivers that a street they are suggesting is extremely steep and that a car might not make it up that steep street. I have recently daily watched cars on a local street in Echo Park using Waze to get around traffic only to be directed up one of the steepest streets in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, unless they have a new car with great tires and transmission many are getting stuck on street on the way up. It is actually funny when I have talked to the people they all say that Waze directed them up this street. I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Waze audio stops working when I unplug my iPhone

As is obvious from other comments (including my own), Waze doesn't work well with Apple car play. When I am so frustrated with the inefficiency that I give up and unplug my phone so Waze will stop overriding the radio, Waze stops talking to me through the iPhone speakers. None of the settings changes; it just stops talking. So not only does it not work well with my car speakers, it forces me to pick up the phone and look at the screen every time I need to know whether and where to turn. VERY DANGEROUS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve vertical UI on iPhone

Please fix the vertical user interface on iPhone! It is a complete mess, with large blacked out areas unnecessarily blocking the useful map space, therefore limiting our map vision and app experience, also the shortcuts or pop-ups are difficult to reach/click. Moreover, it doesn’t show a green line when entering part of the road under avg speed radar control. It should be an easy fix, just look at the carplay version, or maybe take ideas from google or apple maps. I am literally switching to other map providers because I have a terrible experience of using waze in vertical mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. One touch notices

I have been a loyal wazer for years and use the Apple CarPlay interface. These are my suggestions:
    A) The main screen should have THREE one touch HOT BUTTONS:
    1) Object on road
    2) Vehicle on Shoulder
    3) Police

It currently takes two or three clicks to achieve these 3 most common alerts. The change can use simple icons and safety would be greatly improved.

B) When Waze re-routes me, it needs to give more explanation. Examples:
    1) “Re-routing due to accident mile marker 204”
    2) “Re-routing due to traffic saving 10 minutes”
    3) “Re-routing due to construction”

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recent Changes resulted in worse routes

I commute to NYC daily through crazy greater NYC traffic and Waze saved me time by always great routes. Whatever changes have been implemented over the last few months have completely ruined the route selection, or criteria used to determine the routes. They are often wrong, sending me far out of my way. But when I run Apple Maps in parallel with WAZE to test these routes, they are always incorrect and take longer. The product was perfect and made me switch from MAPS. Now performance is so bad I need to switch back to MAPS in order not to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Various suggestions taken from other systems

Hello everyone,
    after a period where I have been a passenger of friends and colleagues ( due to surgery   ) I decided to write down what, in my opinion, can be insights to further improve this navigation system.

As a first suggestion ( I copy the idea from AmiGo ) is to make the indication of the speed limit and current speed more intuitive and readable by using colors inside the speedometer. The idea of verbally indicating the speed of speed cameras can also be very helpful.

The second point I would like to suggest ( this time the idea…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to see a pickup staging option for ride share and taxi drivers.

As a recent UBER driver, I find WAZE an invaluable tool, as it integrates as a navigator right into their system so I do not have to enter the address manually. I have been using waze since it has been introduced here in Minneapolis, and threw away my old nav systems... Here is an improvement I'd like to see. I would like the option to add a stop to the current address(without having to do it manually), 2 addresses back from the stop, on the same side of the street. Call it a staging stop. That way I am on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Map & Command more like Google!

PLEASE READ & VOTE!!
    Instead of “Turn right / left in .1 miles” (esp. for in-town and city driving) change to Google-like commands (e.g.- “At the next light / stop sign, turn right/left) and SHOW Device - light or sign at corners - on the map, as such - sign or light).
    Doing so also helps to know HOW MANY lights or signs remain between you and your next turn.
    It’s impractical to watch your mileage in these conditions. It’s more “natural” - as when someone is telling you directions in the passenger seat - to look for the next…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. communicate with users on scoreboard

everyone.
    I have a simple suggestion that may bring more editors to Waze communities, which is add a (button) in the scoreboard in waze app to give us ability to communicate directly with the names that appear in the list. I always monitor this panel and I hope to reach these users to talk to them about the editing map and whether they have passion like us, but I can't find a way but to watch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Pause spoken audio" cannot be turned off

Even with the "Pause spoken audio" off, Waze continue to pause the Apple Podcast app.
    Worst, the pause mechanism is not great because it makes me miss a few seconds of podcast at each alert forcing me to rewind.

I created a voice with small airplane chimes to get alerts and not missing a turn without having full spoken directions (especially for commute where I know the directions).
    The chimes are so small and unintrusive that I prefer to have them played over my music/podcast.

Being able to NOT pause the podcast is therefore important.

Said otherwise: If you give…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice and Sound  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notifications on screen that divert my attention while driving.

when I get started a black box pops up with drive ideas and while I'm driving it constantly pops up with useless info. I'm beginning to watch my screen more than the road now. Audio cues are the way to go, I don't need my screen calling my attention to a radio while I'm driving. I'm sure a lawyer would love to sue you based on this so at least give me a way to stop the messages on screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dark Mode

Use Dark Mode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
    Turn on Dark Mode for a great viewing experience especially in low-light environments.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210332

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. turn by turn

Hello,
    I want to ask you why don’t you have an easy turn-by-turn option like in Tom Tom navigation.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tomtom-go-navigation/id884963367

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Drive time inaccurate (too long)

Hi! I’ve been using waze for many years primarily in Los Angeles. It’s always been relatively accurate at predicting drive time. However lately the drive time I’m getting is significantly longer than it actually takes and it’s often routing me out of my way to the freeway to save time when, in actuality, the more direct through town route is faster. I’ve been comparing it against Google Maps and Apple Maps, both of which have been much more accurate. So question is… what changed? As a long time Waze user, I like the app and don’t want to have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search results  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ajout de fonctionnalités

Proposition d'ajout de deux fonctionnalités sur l'Apple Car Play ( ou Android Auto ).
    - Erreur de trajet ( route fermée pour travaux )
    - Danger mobile ( piéton sur voie rapide ou véhicule circulant à allure anormalement lente )

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reliability

I have found that Waze is the most unstable of the three major navigation platforms, which include Apple and Google Maps. It routinely has trouble figuring out where one is starting from which causes the map to freeze while the navigation continues. It also consistently either stops working (loses the route, or begins to submit random, rapidfire directions which are all incorrect). This seems to mostly happen in urban settings. While trying to get our dog to cancer treatment in Boston, your navigator went off the rails, forcing me to pull over in traffic and go to another option to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base