Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

17019 results found

1. individual vocal cue control

I would love to be able to turn the different vocal cues on and off individually. The only option currently seems to be to get a cue 1/4 mile before the turn, 1/10 mile before the turn, and at the turn itself. The 1/10 mile warning always comes immediately after the 1/4 mile warning, making it useless and annoying, so I'd really like to be able to turn that one off!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Traffic Light Duration/Issue Reporting

On my way to and from work, I know of two specific traffic lights that are completely misaligned against the volume of traffic. For instance, at one intersection, if the left Hand arrow appeared for 20 seconds as opposed to 5 seconds, my life would be a lot easier (not to mention the efficiency in traffic flow, right near the Lincoln Tunnel going into new York city).

So how to report this? And to whom? How about a contract you cut with the state department of transportation (or federal, or county, or city) whereby Waze is compensated for providing traffic…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Additional reporting options.

Two immediately spring to mind:
    1. when reporting a weather hazard, it would be great to be able to report "sunstrike".
    2. the only way to report a stopped car is as an object on the side of the road. The only hazards on the road are things like construction. I have had multiple occassions where I have come across a vehicle stopped on the road. These have not been an accident, rather they have been due to breakdown. An option in the "on road/in lane" category to advise of a stopped vehicle would be great.

I love the app…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display tunnels as hashed/broken lines

Tunnels should be displayed on the Waze client as hashed or broken lines.

Currently, tunnels are displayed on maps almost the same way as roads. This is confusing as you are not exactly sure when to turn, as Waze makes it look like there is another road to pass before you turn. If tunnels were shown to be dramatically different to roads, it would make the navigation experience better for all users.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hazard descriptions

I would like to see the hazard description when it pops up to alert me that one is coming soon. Currently, to see what kind of hazard it is, you have to find it on the road and click on the icon. Then you will know if it's a car on the side or something in the road, etc. The pop up alert should tell you what it is so you know what to expect.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Use glGenTextures in texturing code

Using glGenTextures in Waze texturing code will expand compatibility with more devices.

Thanks! Keep up the good work with this amazing application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Use more user polling to keep alerts current

I love waze, but I often find that alerts on the map or 30-40-60+ minutes old and no longer relevant. I'd suggest that every user who drive past a reported even be polled.

Even better would be to not award points for reported events until they've been validated by a different user (or reward partial points until validation). Token points should also be awarded for answering a poll - and polling it should be able to be disabled.

I imaging something like:

"Poll: A Wazer has reported standstill traffic at your location" options would be "Agree - Standstill traffic" "No…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add reverse route option.

Please add a reverse route option. I should be able to save my starting location, then add a stop and do round trip.

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make map icons easier to identify!

When looking at the waze map, it is difficult to tell what direction the traffic/police/accident icons are positioned for. There should be something included on the icon that indicates if the report is for Eastbound/Westbound traffic; maybe just a "W" or "E" included in the icon? Maybe add an arrow pointing in the direction of traffic flow that the report is effecting?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. disable "not there" for abusers or non-contributers

For those who harass police sighting users of waze by FALSELY clicking "not there" the button clicking privilege ought be revoked until they are other than counterproductive

identify them by their sole use of police related report by not-thefe and entire lack of contributing reports

Also detect stationary officers who not-there themselves

340 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. use Jingle to send short audio blurbs to others

for friends and group subscriptions leave an audio blurb on the map or associated with a report

364 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. send XMPP message when nearing destination (Jabber)

some people are offended by outdated technology that requires one to pay for unwanted messages (sms).

It is beyond inane to use sms on a smartphone when XMPP is far more featured, FREE, secure.

Waze could further advertise the service with its own XMPP server. This would facilitate such messages, enhance social features, and expand the wondedful world of federation. Prosody and Tigase are great server options.

http://wiki.xmpp.org

398 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. share location / destination as text URL and not hyperlink for those who wisely send TEXT only email

otherwise the click "here" is merely a word.. and a frustration to the simple

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. An optional (client enable/disable) markup of the roads (color/number), depending on last time another Wazer drove that very road.

I would like an optional (client enable/disable) markup of the roads (color/number), depending on last time another Wazer drove that very road.

With a "heavier" markup based on the time passed and/or the number of Wazers.

Reason: that way one could get an idea of how accurate congestion reports are and for example how likely a new police speed control has been setup, since a Wazer drove by. If I see two or three Wazers ahead on the road and no indications of police radar/laser, it should be pretty safe. However, an hour of no one passing and I'm the…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Road hazards

Have the option to dismiss users postings. Say if a disabled car is no longer there. Or if a cop isnt there or theres no longer traffic issues jams ect. Add a buttong to be able to dismiss any and all. I know it pops up for disabled cars once in a while. But make it for all things posted. Cause i notice some people post things just to get points that are not even there.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve road detection while navigating

When navigating along roads that have service/access roads, the navigation will want to enter the freeway/highway/tollway/etc. If the driver stays on the access road or exits onto the access road, Waze does not detect that and keeps the location locked to the planned route. If Waze wants to route you onto a freeway/highway/tollway/etc. and you do not take the on-ramp, the app locks onto the planned route and thinks you are on the highway.

It would be nice if, when there are multiple parallel roads, that the app reduces the distance over which it will snap to a road. Another…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Optional speed based auto zoom for normal (non-routing) use.

I just thought it would be nice for it to zoom in on cities, towns and then zoom out on highways. It might be able to save data usage for normal use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base