Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

260 results found

1. Banner notifications

I would be great if a banner notification would show if the app was running in the background and a turn was approaching. Apple maps does this, and if Waze did it, there would be no reason to use Apple maps ever again.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. What happened to the kids voices?

I used the kids voice for navigation instructions. From one moment to the other, those voices disappeared! Please bring them back!!

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestions!
    Some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

3. Scenic Route

Many of us love weekend road trips. Occasionally it's nice to take the scenic route instead of the fastest.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not right now  ·  8 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hide notifications older than XX hours.

I've seen reports that are a couple hour up to 24 hours old. It'd be nice to be able to have an option that lets users choose the age limit of notifications they'd like to see.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Display duration for each notification is directly dependent on number of upvotes and ‘not there’s. The more upvotes a report has, the longer it is displayed on the map and vice versa.

5. Auto turn screen on/off

When driving by directions, it would be great if Waze could turn off the screen when there is more than a specified distance to the next turn, and turn the screen on again when I'm within the specified distance.

We should have the option to set the specified distance to 500m, 1km, 2km, 5km and 10km.

It would also be nice to have an option to set the screen to turn on for 30 seconds or so if a report within our event radio comes in.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add speed limit near the camera icon

Since all cameras have static speed limit, it would be great to extend camera icon to contain information about speed limit(like current icon + 50/70/110 or another number). This will help driver to understand limit much earlier before camera and correctly choose speed without fast braking, so this will improve safety on roads

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Final destination announcement/display.

When using a favorite or getting an address from a calendar event, it is often difficult to know exactly where the destination is. without having the full address displayed upon arrival. Rather than saying "You have arrived at your destination," it would be better to say "You have arrived at 3478 NW XX st.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Keep Waze on top of Lock Screen

This is an option to keep waze on top of the lock screen because I shut the screen off during my commute to save battery and when I press the button to turn it on, it still requires me to unlock my phone before getting back to the Waze navigation screen

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ambulance

What if the ambulance drivers was using Waze as well and I got a message or a siren on my waze as the ambulance approached the location where I was. I would know that there was an ambulance coming on my way and i could pull over in order to let it pass through.

I have no idea about Waze database, but I am sure it is not small. I believe it could be very helpfull to all parties: ambulance would reach hospital fasters; patients would not have the risk to be in traffice and get treatment faster; driver would…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can You lengthen the duration of the police reports - from 10 min. to at least 1 hour?

Can You lengthen the duration of the police reports - from 10 min. to at least 1 hour?
    In Poland it would be the most important feature for anyone to use Waze

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Translucent screen Icons to prevent Screen Burn/Ghosting

My SGS II has slight screen burn from the lower icons in the corners.
    Is it possible to make the icons darker or slight translucent to prevent screen burn/ghosting, Maybe it is a good idea to make this for every static object within the waze screen.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    The Report button was designed to be noticed while blending in and it’s important to keep it as is.
    However, we will revisit this idea when working on Dark mode, in the future. Furthermore, since this is a physical issue that OLED phones suffer from in different apps, we recommend to use Battery Saver mode to allow your display some rest from bright colors that might lead to this dysfunction.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

12. State line alerts/voice prompt

I love Waze, I use it all the time! I drive almost 2000 miles a week for work, One thing I would love to have as a feature is state prompts or when you cross the state line if it announced welcome to "state name". sometimes when you're driving on back roads they don't always have the Stateline sign, I've even missed The big ones on the highway. It would just be nice to have a voice prompt simply say welcome to "state name" thanks!

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is there any way to keep Keith Morrison as a voice option on Waze?

As of April 2nd Keith Morrison was no longer a voice option. It would be great if you had him as full time selection option.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

14. Add option to display SpeedTraps on main screen without having to use menu.

Add in the settings an option to display "Speed Trap" info on main screen. This would display in either the title bar or on the main screen and would have an icon with two numbers: A red number that indicates the # of speedtraps on your route, and a Yellow number that indicates the # of speedtraps not on the route. This would be very useful because speedtraps move (police pull someone over and then sit in new spot), so it helps to have more advanced notice that police are in the area.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. support "car camera" mode

today, a lot of drivers buy a car camera. we can save it by adding this feature to waze.
    the phone is already mounted aiming at the front of the car, and we can also recor sounds inside the car.

save last 3\5 minutes. ON\OFF from settings, screen button to "save video".
    permenantly delete older files not to use a lot of disk space and dont use the best camera option (3 min. of 4K is a lot!). option to save to internal memory\SD card if available. option to "share" the file to gmail, google drive etc.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Change orientation” button. Notifies waze that the orientation of the car is the opposite than what waze thinks

Effective when coming out of a parking spot for two reasons: 1. To correct waze when noticing it is wrong. 2. If one can come out of the parking spot to two different directions, the button allows checking which way will consume less time, and choosing the direction appropriately.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. let user chose display colors the blue font against black is hard to read

let user chose display colors the blue font against black is hard to read

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. waze is PERFECT for the apple watch. Is there a watch compatible version in the works?

Waze is PERFECT for the apple watch. Is there a watch compatible version in the works? Watch would haptic for police, traffic, etc, simple screen that says There or NOT THERE.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding Apple Watch support.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

19. Mark locations of Christmas light displays

Need a way to allow users to mark Christmas light displays so users in the area can see them. Would be a great add..

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 48 votes

We're glad you're here