Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

850 results found

1. AVOID WARNING OF NEED TO TURN THE LIGHTS ON WHEN THEY ARE ALREADY ON.

When using via Android-Auto, the vehicle's lights status is already recognized for switching between day and night display mode. You can use this knowledge of the lights status to avoid warning of the need to turn on lights when the lights are already on, and alert only when they are switched off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Route mapping/sharing social

I believe having some sort of route mapping option akin to services like mapmyrun and Strava would be a great way to introduce a more social aspect for those of us who like driving for the sake of the drive or an adventure.

Myself and many of my friends enjoy just going on random drives where we just go where the wind takes us and see sights with no particular destinations in mind. However mapping those routes and destinations for future reference is challenging and honestly time consuming.

A feature like this as I could currently see it would allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New tabs

Under police you should add traveling. I travel 240 miles a day on I-10 for work and I see more cops traveling with traffic than sitting and hiding.
    Under hazard, I feel that it would be helpful to have on inside shoulder or on outside shoulder. Last night I had one on the shoulder on my right and then on my left but I had no way of knowing which one until I was on top of them.
    Also with stalled Vehicles can you have a tab for stalls and a Tab for abandoned. Since I do travel the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. jriverapay@gmail.com

Hello, I am from Costa Rica, I have an idea, Waze could help to overtake a car in a safer way if all the vehicles that go on the street appear on the map and thus be able to overtake and avoid an accident, you can ask me if you understood my suggestion, thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. racer

How about a Waze icon to warn of being passed by vehicles traveling at excessively high speeds i.e. over 100 mph? Street and highway racers are not only killing themselves but taking innocent bystanders with them. Please consider how we can help warn people that high speed idiots are approaching them. Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add back the Car

Add back the filters for Crash, Car on Shoulder, Car on Road, etc to the desktop version. As a Department of Transportation, we use WAZE to dispatch our service patrol to motorists and this is a great tool to have them check on vehicles if we don't have a camera in the area. It used to be there but has recently disappeared. (Waze told to put it as a suggestion)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Trucker Version

Develop a trucker setting, or perhaps an entirely separate 'Trucker Waze' app for those of us running larger vehicles. We need to know about low clearance overpasses/bridges, narrow lanes and one lane bridges, weight restrictions, etc. For example, I pull oversized trailers up and down the East Coast (USA). I am 14'6" high, and 10'6" wide. You could even buy Trucker Path and add all the Waze functionality...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please make the roads speed limit have an option to display on the left and make it stand out more..d

When displaying on my vehicles screen it would be easier if the speed limit was on the far left instead of the far right. Being on the right makes it outta line of sight when you want to quickly glance down at what the speed limit is while in motion. Also needs to have ability to make it larger or a color that stands out better. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. car visual

Real Car visual with on-screen display - it will make all the experience more personal.
    it could use as info for understanding the road if it is a private or truck
    It could be a collaboration with the car Brands (you can make it profitable for you as a new source of profit from big car brands)
    You can add a group of the same vehicles for trip road.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Nicki Minaj voice on waze

Just as you have Jennifer Hudson voice you should have Nicki Minaj, Snoop Dogg, Billie Eilish, post malone, just a few I think that I wouldn't mind riding to and some diffrent vehicles also a minimized popup screen like Google would be great as well it's just a few things would make me totally leave Google plus a direction to where the arrived destination is it just leaves you in the middle of the street to look for which side the property is on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice and Sound  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Setting fuel types at gas stations

It is essential to be able to set fuel types at gas stations. So, for example, at a number of gas stations there are 3 types of fuel, at others 4. At gas gas stations there is only 1 type of fuel and showing others means confusing users when entering prices.
    The indication of charging types for electric vehicles is wonderfully done. It would be great to implement this idea for regular gas stations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A POSITIVE NOTICE "EVERYTHING IS FINE AHEAD".

It is evident that the alerts encountered on the road can generate stress for users, whether it be due to traffic jams, potholes, police presence, or stalled vehicles, among others. However, it is equally important to provide positive and reassuring information to users, assuring them that everything is fine ahead. This measure would allow users to relax and have the certainty that there will be no issues on their route, without compromising their safety.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Terceira faixa --- Third track

Nas estradas onde não existem pista dupla, os motoristas ficam ansiosos para realizar ultrapassagens para evitar veículos lentos. As oportunidades de ultrapassagem podem ser previstas pelo waze que indicaria na tela a aproximação, inicio e fim da terceira faixa. Geralmente a terceira faixa existe em aclives, para que veículos lentos, caminhões etc mudem para a direito facilitando assim a ultrapassagem dos carros mais rápidos. Se os wazers pudessem programas as ultrapassagens nesses pontos que são fixos, a ansiedade poderia ser controlada e inúmeros acidentes evitados! ----- On roads where there are no dual carriageway, drivers are eager to perform to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Restriction of Entry

Hi, I am writing from Singapore 597596. We are the Managing agent for this estate. We would like to Waze to update their system as not to enter Pine Grove condominium from Ulu Pandan Road Security entrance. All non residents vehicles must enter by Pandan Valley Road Security entrance . Please email if need any clarifications. We have a lot of private hire and food deliveries who use the waze app and it guides them through this route.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to report a closed turnaround

Waze lacks the ability to report closed turnarounds, a critical feature in Michigan where the “Michigan left” is largely the only way to cross a divided highway. This significantly impacts travel time and route accuracy due to inaccurate ETAs and suggestions, leading to frustration and potential safety concerns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Trailer Speed and Seatbelt/Phone Cameras operating in Queensland

Firstly I know there are posts regarding this including mine but I think this needs to be addressed with fresh eyes and open minds.

I understand there is a resistance to showing the Seatbelt/Phone Cameras and I can see the thinking behind it but would like to suggest that a General Warning would be better than none.

Now on to the main part of my idea which is only applicable if Waze have no intentions of giving Wazers three options to report these Trailer Cameras (Unidirectional QPS Speed Cameras, Bidirectional Acusenus DTMR Speed Cameras and the Acusensus Seatbelt/Phone Cameras).
    Instead…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A couple of suggestions

Hello,

Recently, the application has been frequently unresponsive to touches. This is not a phone error.

It would be helpful if a long press could be used to select a segment on the route that I do not want to take, so that the application can calculate an alternate route. It would also be great if I could create a blacklist of segments that I don't want/can't drive on.

Why can't buildings be displayed on the map for better orientation, or at least their numbers, even if only within, say, 200m of the destination?

It would also be great if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Simpler access to placing alerts

I suggest making it easier to reach the alert screen when trying to report police, accident etc. right now it takes 3 screens to reach the proper icon. Consider making it a shortcut where perhaps the user can select to have shortcut icons on the main nav screen so that it would only take one tap to report a situation. Maybe allow users to have 2 or 3 favorite or most useful icons, like police or disabled vehicles. Would make it safer as well since the driver wouldn’t have to be distracted by navigating multiple screens to report an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Diesel and oil spills

I've recently tried to identify a hazard of an oil spill or diesel spill on a road. Particularly on a corner. I tried to do this by voice and couldn't be understood. By the time I could have reported a hazard on the road it was too late.

I feel this is a massive safety hole for motorbike riders, as spills of this type can be deadly if missed (as often are by just car drivers) position on a motorbike is a huge part of riding and often middle of the road hazards go unreported (as 4 wheeled vehicles…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Waze problem on Android Auto

A couple of weeks ago Waze does not work well on Android Auto, I mean Mazda CX5 and CX9, among others. There is a lag of several seconds for each option that one selects, and it is not possible to inform the community of the correct position of an accident, vehicles stopped on the road, lag in starting the route, among other problems. Cellular devices are high-end, and were connected via USB cable to Android Auto with a very good 4G and 5G signal. What's happening? When can this inconvenience be resolved? I'm sorry if the translation was not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base