Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

141 results found

1. Be able to add friends, send messages and report (accidents, police, etc.) from the computer version

My husband is a truck driver. The weather is bad and we are both on Waze. I can't follow him unless I'm on my lap top. I can see other Waze users around him. Somebody sent a message to him asking how the roads were if they were clear, etc. He obviously cannot type or send a message. It would be GREAT if I could click to add the user that asked him a question or just send a message to her answering her question. AND he just witness a wreck. Road conditions are bad so I want to click…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Commercial Routes WAZE

My husband needs a WAZE that will give him trucking routes that take into account low bridges and narrow roadways and direct him around these obstacles. Please make one soon!!!!!!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Yellow Box Junction Cameras

TLDR Version: At the moment on Waze you can only report either speed cameras, red light cameras or fake cameras, having a 'yellow box junction' camera would be a logical and great addition imho.

Non TLDR Version: Yellow box junction cameras drive me nuts (for those not UK based these are cameras that make sure yellow box junctions - ie boxes marked on the road to stop drivers stopping at the entrance to a side junction and blocking it), mainly because not all yellow boxes are enforced with cameras (so drivers from all angles enter it and the only way…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Calculate ETA based on own average speed

ETA calculation seems to be based on traffic conditions and general average speed. ETA calculation seems to be inaccurate when driving below the average speed of the road-segment as it keeps increasing while driving with constant (low) speed.

It would be great if ETA calculation would also be accurate for vehicles going below average speeds (e.g. trucks in europe etc.)

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show as Tractor

Display yourself as a tractor or slow vehicle on the map. Yes also agricultural vehicles use waze and normal roads. They would like to warn other drivers. Like trash trucks or snow plow trucks.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show bridge height

Not once, I've heard of trucks getting into accidents by hitting a bridge that is too low to the vehicles height.
    Why not display the bridges on the route and their height to prevent those type of accidents?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I need suport on this as I've tried to get Waze to make this adjustment but they keep saying enough people have to agree

It seems crazy to me that you can so easily post a vehicle stopped on the side of the road...not effecting traffic at all...yet there is no option to report a vehicle broken down in the middle of Freeway lanes, causing a monumental traffic jam! There is an option for roadkill!!! Like a squashed squirrel is really going to impact your journey...but nothing for a vehicle. I had this problem happen to me. There was an almighty backup and I had no idea why. There was a vague report about "an Object" in the road, but you think of a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Narrow street flags

Here in Pittsburgh, we're a city of hills, bluffs, and narrow, winding roads, and listening to Waze help navigate me has led to $400 in repairs and 3 near accidents in the past 2 months by taking me through poorly maintained streets and roads so narrow that, while not legally-required to be one way, nevertheless make for perilous travel with few opportunities to turn around and try another route.

If users or editors could flag narrow streets and if an option was labeled to avoid these streets, similar to the options to avoid toll roads, it would be a major…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop Waze from sending trucks in front of my house.

Oregon Trail in Pittsburgh is posted against trucks for "local deliveries only". Oregon Trail intersects with a trucking route which is Connor Road, part of the Yellow Belt. Waze is directing trucks onto Oregon Trail causing noise disturbances, traffic blockages and is de-valuating my property. Please fix this ASAP. Pete

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Safety road is follow one way circles

FOLKS, PLEASE READ THIS IS URGENT.
    I have 20 years o driving experience, well my friends died on roads too.. Last time technical failure caused the truck in opposite direction lost its trailer. 80 + 80 = 160kmph = HE DIED.
    Therefore I have imagined how ie. distributors (PpL, DHL,UPS..) travel in circles... In general average, I better don't want to meet these guys in opposite direction. In mathematical model I want to minimize other Wazers passin by. I'd like to get SOME model applied in general and follow just because I am scared of front crash. SOME could be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Message input when reporting an accident

I use Waze often as a truck driver and it’s frustrating that other Waze users reports an icon showing an accident or a slowdown of some kind but doesn’t input on what is actually happening. I suggest that users are required to say what is going along with a message while reporting a traffic incident. When you look at the icon of an accident or a construction icon that all you see on the map. If drivers can read what is actually causing a backup it can make a decision on whether to take a different route or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We want fire report in app to avoid that area and garbage trucks.

We want fire report in app to avoid that area and garbage trucks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dangerous vehicle (e.g., erratice driving) notification and vehicle assistance feature

Two new ideas for improvement
    Notification to other drivers of dangerous vehicles (e.g., erratic driver, distracted driver, aggressive driver)
    A link to tow services or vehicle assistance along route. Waze could serve as a great assistance if you breakdow and require a tow or vehicle assistance. If you set it up to accept online payment (like Uber) Waze could get a percentage cut of the fees for any tow vehicles dispatched. With the large number of users out there WAze could probably leverage lower fees for their users, provide the tow vehicles exact GPS coordinates of the user's disabled vechicle,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When pressing on the screen to highlight a specific place, road / point of interest. The option to log a hazzard, danger etc, whilst drivng

Whist driving, due to a variety of reasons, it's not always possible to log a hazzard on the road, like a tie-down strap that fell off a truck in front of me today. I thought I could simply report the issue, but I lost my connection and instead pushed on the screen where the tie-down strap was, hoping there was an additional option, so once it was safe to pull over,, I would be able to log it, so as of when I re-established Internet connection, the hazzard would be shared with other waze'ers.

But alas there was no feature,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Alert And/Or Settings/Navigation Option for Low Bridges

Low bridges (rail and road) are an issue throughout Westchester County, NY and over-height trucks frequently strike these bridges. Apparently on S Main (Rt 1) in Port Chester, Metro North is reporting a low bridge as an object in the road (for several months).
    The problem here is, I would never consider a bridge as an 'object in road'. Rather, this alert distracts from looking at the low bridge warning signs. Drivers would pay attention to a permanent alert of a low bridge for this and other sites. Or for navigation by over-height vehicles, adding an option in settings/navigation…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Want to be able to put in more cop info and a comment!

I want to be able to post there’s a cop what kind of car it is I want to be able to put in what type of car it is (motorcycle, truck, undercover, suv, car) and whether it’s a hidden police car. I want the ability to put in more info on my own on a comment so I can say it’s a hidden cop car that always hides by the school. Ect. Or a motorcycle bike that always hides behind a fence by the street. The police in our area tend to hide pretty well would be helpful…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am in South Florida with no power and I haven't seen any utility trucks in my area.

I am in South Florida with no power and I haven't seen any utility trucks in my area. Since your app allows for reporting of roadside hazards could you add the feature of reporting where the utility trucks/workers are located. We don't have a lot of information on when to expect power and I understand that it doesn't mean power will be restored because they are in the area, it would be nice to know that they are closed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Vehicle NOT “car” on side of road

Recent changes to the hazard reporting system has it calling a vehicle on the side of the road always a car, but the majority of the time it’s not a car it seems. Why did it change from vehicle on side of road to car on side of road? It’s like the folks at Waze have never seen a truck.

It’s also also still too many taps to report this. Furthermore, the Button to report this is right in the middle which makes it too easy to tap something else, it should be either at the very top or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cross App Collaboration

Hello

Not so much feedback, as a suggestion.

Have you ever thought about partnering with another app? Heard of Alert2Me?

Alert2Me (if you aren’t aware) collates and displays real time emergency information like flooding, bushfires, smoke or storm warnings. It has location based alerts, as well as user contributed reporting.

The idea of a collaboration struck me tonight after seeing a notification from Alert2Me about a nearby fire. Shortly, followed by having to pull off the road to let a fire truck pass, with no mention of it on Waze. It could be a neat little cross promotion and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base