Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
2835 results found
-
Estimating the time to pass tunnels using average speed
When Waze suggests a path with a tunnel, the estimation time is always incorrect, and I cannot conclude that this is the best route. For example, if the time to pass a tunnel without traffic is 2 min and I pass it in 10 min (because of traffic), then after I came out of the tunnel, the estimation time become +8 min. I think Waze uses instantaneous velocity and GPS location to estimate traffic. In tunnels, GPS doesn't work (and many of tunnels don't have beacons), so Waze does not compute traffic in tunnels. This issue can be easily fixed…
4 votes -
Audible Speed Camera Announcements
Audible camera announcements are inconsistent. Why not allow the user to select ‘Announce all known Cameras’?
16 votes -
State what the alert is for
preferred version that stated the alert (object on road/car stopped on shoulder etc) so I don't have to look at the device to determine why it is alerting me. Also would like a way to touch screen to give thumbs up/confirm without having to look at device.
2 votes -
Speed bump notification not working well
I am using Waze for navigation and speed bumbs notifications not appeard on my screen while navigating while it is working well with other users using the same route and at the same time, I suggest to solve this issue if other users face the same issue, and I suggest to make the speed bumbs notifications works even if I use the same way multiple times in the day.
1 vote -
I would like the app to display speed limits as I drive.
I would like the map navigation to display the speed limit as I drive.
Warning sounds if I exceed limits.
Also the ability to customize how much over the speed limit the warning should sound.
Also, to see the sky into top foreground as it would appear according to earths rotation.1 vote -
Receive alerts even when Waze isn’t in the foreground of Apple CarPlay
I use Apple CarPlay and I may not always have Waze in the foreground. I find that I don’t always receive speed camera alerts unless I am speeding.
It would be excellent to receive audible alerts of speed cameras, or other speed trap or police related alerts, no matter what app is running in the foreground.
3 votes -
On screen alert display time needs to be increased greatly when getting close.
Being able to choose “still there”or not disappears from the display long before one can confirm the alert either way.
3 votes -
Whilst in avarage speed zones it knows where the cameras are so have
Whilst in average speed zones you see where the cameras are so maybe bring up your average speed between cameras
2 votes -
I suggest that you add speed reduction warning to your icons for hazards.
On motorways when there is a speed reduction sign it would stop people braking heavily if they’re aware it’s coming up.
2 votes -
Adding link to OBD2 Bluetooth transmitter which provides speed data info. Combing this with a gyroscope allow navigation in tunnels.
Adding a link to an OBD2 Bluetooth transmitter which provides speed data info. Combing this with a gyroscope from a mobile allows navigation in tunnels.
5 votesGreat thinking! The issue you raised has been addressed in a recent redesign. Hope you like it!
-
In Mexico, show the speed limit of the street, ave, blvd you will take.
As there are new speed limits and cameras for fines, it would be helpful to know the speed limit of each street
2 votes -
Accident alert
Hello,
I'm a wazer, nonetheless I would like a modification of the app:
I noticed that Google maps gives you an alert of an accident in advance saying "There's an accident forward, please choose the next itinerary".
This message is not available in Waze so it's difficult to turn to the better itinerary in time without being advised.Could you add this feature for me please?
Thanks regards
1 vote -
Please consider adding SPEED LIMITs. It would set you apart... again!!! It would make great press coverage too!
Speed limits would make this a number #1 application and set Waze apart. The other apps have caught up to standard Waze.
3 votesGreat thinking! The issue you raised has been addressed in a recent redesign. Hope you like it!
-
Option to Change vehicle to a van as national speed limits are different compared to cars
There needs to be an option to have a Van or lorry as the national speed limits are different. I use Waze everyday for my commute to work and there’s three different national speed limits that alternate along my journey.
4 votes -
Avoid roads with 70 km/h speed limit in France
I’m currently driving a sans permis car in France, which has a maximum speed of only 45 km/h. That’s why having the option to avoid roads with a 70 km/h speed limit is incredibly helpful for drivers like me. On these roads, it’s common to see cars not only reaching the speed limit but often exceeding it. They go so fast that it’s impossible for me to keep up with the flow of traffic. Honestly, it stresses me out every time I find myself on one of these roads.
2 votes -
Make the speed limit bigger and permanently visible on screen. I don’t like having to make it appear by driving a little faster
Can you make the speed limit stay on permanently. And bigger. It’s too small and takes a number of seconds (eyes off road seconds) to glance down looking for it. When unsure of the speed limit in areas where it changes a lot then the only way to make it appear is to drive faster and look for what point it flashes up. This is not safe. I would love it to just be there all of the time.
7 votes -
Alerts based on time
You should calculate how far or how long a Alert stays on the screen based on your speed because if something is a mile away and you're traveling miles an hour config one hour to get to especially if the traffic jam so if you could display something which is like a minute away they sometime be about the much better use of the screen space because something is staying there
3 votes -
INFO on very recent speed limt changes
I35E In Denton Co Texas (n Texas north or DFW) has a series of newly posted speed changes in a short distance. Area has serious construction and signage is not good. Local LEO are hot on issuing tickets.
1 voteThanks for contacting us about reporting an error on the map. Our community of volunteer map editors handle all changes to the Waze map.
To report a map issue in the Waze App
To report an issue on the Waze Live Map
To suggest an edit to the map-editing community
Note that it may take some time for them to review your request.
-
Set by default speed limit for all country and city/town/metro area, for each segment
adding automatically speed limits for each segment in all metro zones/cities/towns and all over the country,
this limits can be approved and coordinated with all community managers.
and if in one city is a segment with a different speed limit, any local editors change speed limits value
1 vote -
Waze User Alert Network
How about a feature that can alert you to other oncoming waze user vehicles, on countryroads for an example? It would be very handy where accidents happen alot because of tight roads and bends.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?