Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3150 results found
-
Drop a pin (as you're driving)
I want the option to drop a pin as I'm driving, which is then saved on my map. The pin would be saved at the location I'm at whenever I click the 'pin' button.
Then I can edit these pins by name, color, etc. Maybe even the navigation can tell me when I'm close to a pin.
5 votes -
Sharing Tips
Sharing tips about an specific area, that would pop up as you drive. Remarks written by drivers for specify roads or areas, such as "people crossing out of crossing lanes", "wet when slippery", "skate boarders often on the road"....just random tips that the drivers could write according to their opinion. It could be turned off by the driver once he/she has read it and it would never show up again. Tips that locals know and can improve driving safety and it's hard to create specific topics. Just custom made tips.
3 votes -
INCLUDE KAMIKAZE´S ALERT IN WAZE
LIVES COULD BE SAVED BY INCLUDING A QUICK ACCESS KAMIKAZE (vehicle driving in the wrong direction) ALERT ON WAZE. KAMIKAZES IS ONE, IF NOT THE DEADLIEST DANGERS THAT YOU CAN ENCOUNTER ON A ROAD AND WAZE DO NOT HAVE THIS ALERT. I THINK IT SHOULD INCLUDE IT ASAP
55 votes -
loose the top and bottum bar and option button when driving
when you are driving, loose the top an bottum bar and the option button. top bar will return if you have to do something (a turn within 5 km or something like that) and the bottum bar and option button will return if you tab the screen.
2 votes -
When you are a hazard
You should be able to report that you or a hazard for the road and it should be removed as you drive away
2 votes -
Different scoreboards for editors, drivers and forum
It has been noticed before that the Waze-community is divided between editors and drivers; editors being the users that earn most of their points by editing, drivers are those that earn most of their points behind the steeringwheel.
Currently, the scoreboard seems to be dominated by drivers - the topnotch of these are probably truckers, spending their live on the road, driving maybe thousands km per week, making up to 20.000 pts. There is nothing wrong with that, we NEED drivers, and I do not want to suggest that they do not earn their points.
But…
272 votes -
slogan
Slogan: "Drive like a local...anywhere."
1 voteThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
JEREMY CLARKSON
A Modest Proposal: Jeremy Clarkson for Waze Voice Navigation
Dear Waze Team,
Let’s cut to the chase — Waze is brilliant. But you know what would make it truly exceptional?
Jeremy Clarkson.
Not just as a voice. As a driving philosophy. Imagine:
“Turn left... or don’t. I’m not your mother.”
“Traffic ahead. Caused, presumably, by a Prius.”
“You've arrived. It's no racetrack, but it'll do.”
"In 200 meters Turn left-- unless you drive a beige Volvo. In which case, please stay home"
Clarkson is the voice of speed, sarcasm, and barely-contained road rage — everything a morning commute needs. Give…6 votes -
Subscribe to a stretch of roadway to obtain realtime notifications of any hazards within a geographic area
Certain professional individuals who drive the same road again and again could benefit from a feature where the user is able to subscribe to any new updates on a specific route or specified area, not just what is within map view for the user. As this would be a power user option, it should be able to be enabled in the configuration settings if a user wishes to use the feature. Notifications could come in via either the system notification tray, or via popups within the app. A total listing of what's entered and the thumbs status of each entry…
3 votes -
Apple CarPlay shortcut for reporting a hazard
To report a hazard (ie pothole) requires 4 clicks. Would be great if there was a few one click shortcuts to report the most common hazards such as a pothole, police, and vehicle stopped on side of road. This would be much safer than fumbling around to report a pothole while driving.
62 votes -
kate
Please, please, please, someone at Waze sort out the English UK Kate voice issue. Forget the new version, sounds clunky,synthetic and unnatural, just re-instate as before. It's downright distracting now while driving, will loook for an alternative app if this continues.
52 votes -
To add the Audible App to the listening options while driving.
Hey!
I will like to make a suggestion:
Would it be possible to add the Audible App, to the options to listen while driving?
Hope you guys can add it to the options we already have, it will make me love more your driving app.
Thx!
3 votes -
Routing overview
I would like a routing overview option to easily access when driving for two reason:
1: For longer routes to see were I am in the country.
2: For shorter routes to have an overview of the traffic situations.This option could be a button directly on the map, maybe as an option to turn on/off from Settings or as an option in the pop up window where the mute, stop navigation, navigation list and recalculate route are.
49 votesPossibilities:
- check next turns list by clicking on the directions panel on the top, select ‘next turns’ tab
- check reports on the route by clicking on the directions panel on the top, select ‘reports ahead’ tab
- check map view of your route by clicking on ETA bar at the bottom, select ‘Routes’ and then ‘map view’ -
REINSTATING THE PREVIOUSLY USED ADDRESSES FUNCTION WHILE DRIVING
Prior to driving to a new area or a new destination I will drop in addresses/locations into Waze and use them as waypoints as I am traveling. Also, when I am in a new area and I have previously found businesses, etc. that I frequent I would like to be able to have access to those address locations while I am driving like before. Now with the new voice only look up of a business while driving I no longer have access to said previously located addresses or waypoints while driving. I cannot begin to tell you how frustrating this…
4 votes -
A turn by turn voice
I have an awesome new voice choice. His name is Don Orsillo. He's the play by play Red Sox announcer on NESN TV Network in Boston. He has a fantastic voice and is sooooo funny!!!! He could laugh at us as we miss a turn and crack jokes during the navigation. He'd be so entertaining as we drive!!!!
2 votes -
Limiting typing while "driving" does more harm
Voice only while driving limitation is only making the driving much more distracting and dangerous in certain non-english areas such as Bulgaria for example. Where the voice commands are not working properly. I want for my passenger to be able to type in an address while I am driving, so I won't be distracted by battling with the voice commands and constantly checking what was actually found by them and if it's the correct place. Also why is that even when I pull over and completely stopped I still can't type in. My car is not moving... It's really a…
4 votes -
Show Accurate Distance to Exit Inside Roundabouts
Display the actual remaining distance to the correct exit while inside the roundabout. This would help drivers better anticipate when to exit, especially in larger or multi-exit roundabouts.
When driving a roundabout, the distance to the exit is always shown as “0 m” in the current navigation display. This can be misleading, as the driver has not yet reached the exit.
Knowing how far it is to the correct exit helps reduce confusion and allows for smoother lane changes and safer navigation. Showing “0 m” before reaching the exit does not reflect the real driving experience and can…
51 votes -
Hi. The new version is bad Old was better. Please change so we can see all warnings for accident. Police. Roadwork. And so on. Always and n
Hi. The new version is bad
Old was better. Please change so we can see all warnings for accident. Police. Roadwork. And so on. Always and not only when we have navigation activated. Wanna see it all in 1 place as before. Many drive with app open without navigation activated. And if we only can see on navigation road. We miss important Info. And if it is like now only showed on navigation road...then we also miss it if we make a quick detour . This is not good. Take old system back. WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT ? And…4 votes -
Announcements depending on speed
I recommend that Waze adjust the "trigger distance" for pre-alerts when traveling quickly.
For example, currently Waze pre-alerts "In one-tenth of a mile ..." regardless of speed.
If you are driving 60 MPH, you cover the one-tenth of a mile in a mere 6-seconds ... by that time, Waze is already alerting you (AGAIN) that it's time to make the turn.
I'm all for voice alerts ... but when the app gabs for 10-seconds straight because of back-to-back announcements, eh....
53 votes -
Improve waze when traffic is lighter than usual
Hi, It seems that the algorithm is mainly based on statistics of traffic. I can explain: August 15th was a day off in France and of course the traffic was very very light But when using Waze that day, the time and routes poposed by Waze were fully erroneous and really not usable at all! Sytadin.fr was enough that day to decide where to drive...
This kind of issueof course occurs for all holidays, like during summer or Christmas holidays.
Is there a way to improve that?
Thank you2 votes
- Don't see your idea?