Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3150 results found
-
Share speed and alert erratic driving
I suggest expanding the 'Share ETA' feature into an active safety pairing mode. When sharing a drive with a trusted, close contact, they should see a real-time telemetry dashboard that includes:
Live Speed vs. Speed Limit: Display my current speed next to the local speed limit so they know I'm navigating conditions safely.
Sudden Deceleration Alerts: A proactive notification if the vehicle drops speed abruptly (e.g., braking from 65 mph to 0 mph in 3 seconds), indicating a potential hazard or sudden traffic wall.
Erratic Driving Flags: If the phone's gyroscope and GPS detect sudden, repeated swerving or erratic braking,…
1 vote -
Waze RoadTrip- A New Option for Wazers
You will likely want to hear an idea that will expand your audience and retain your current customer base.
Recently, I embarked on an excursion from Orlando, FL to Charleston, SC. It’s a fairly short road trip, but within those 6 hours, I wondered to myself how great it would be to see more than just the highway in front of me and the trees that lined the road. I quickly grew exhausted from seeing the same paved road, white lines, and billboard signs over and over again.
I turned to my boyfriend with two hours left on our trip…
103 votes -
highway wrong direction car alert
it could be useful to add an alert to inform other wazers that a car is driving in wrong direction (very useful for the Highways). The alert will blink to any wazer smartphone display that is driving that way before the alert point.
This feature could permit alerted drivers to mantain the right lane till the end of the emergency.13 votes -
1 vote
Thanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Get Tom Selleck as a celebrity voice!
I would love to have Magnum P. I. give me directions as I drive!
1 vote -
Editable history list
History list used to be editable and now it is not, bring it back….I don’t need anyone to see my drive history.
This privacy factor is very important to me.2 votes -
have a "slow vehicle" type with a CUSTOM TOP SPEED
I drive antique vehicles which are often slow but i don't mind driving on highways so dont want to check "avoid freeways", i would just like that the navigtion algorythm takes my top speed (50mph for one car 65 for the other one) into account when calculating the route.
this could be set in the "type of vehicles" menu, select "special" and have a customizable "top speed".
then, even on a 80mph road, waze would only consider i'll make 50 and maybe reroute me on a shorter path !
If you want to go further you could even set a…6 votes -
Birthday mood/badge
To make more social, it would be nice, just one day per year to have the option to people who is their birthday to show either a special mood (cake mood or wathever) or a birthday badge.
In this way wazers can congratulate during your driving and make more social the aplication.
14 votes -
ETA on Carplay
Hi Waze team, any chance you can add a button to share an ETA on the Carplay layout? Current this can’t be done whilst driving.
19 votes -
More voice navigation choices
I would love to drive long distances with the voice of Alex Trebeck.oh please..
1 voteThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Less popups when starting a navigation
When starting a navigation, a pop up ask if I want to share my ride. That's not that annoying but I would like an option to disable it.
Im often starting a navigation from other apps, when the navigation is received by waze, it shows a first screen where I need to press on "received location". I click on it and then a second pop up telling me to share. And this is when waze dont pop to ask if I am a passenger. It sometime necessitie 3 press to start a drive. Google maps does it in 0…
4 votes -
Please stop routing onto bike routes
I live in an area of the country with a lot of bike routes. Those routes are established on the assumption that they are low in auto traffic, or least generally local-only traffic. That seems to prompt Waze to guide me onto them fairly frequently during heavy traffic times, but in doing so this violates that basic assumption of keeping them low traffic.
As someone who bikes and drives regularly, I'd rather not see those routes grow in auto traffic as Waze adoption increases. If possible, please stop routing auto traffic onto those routes so that they can remain…
28 votes -
Rasta/Patois Voice
Hello Dear Waze Team,
My colleagues, friends and I are of the strong opinion that you should incorporate a Rasta-Patois voice in you fantastic App!
When you start the route it could be the usual:
Start-Up:
Jaaah Rastafari, welcome to the waaze app, only way to cruise on the righteous path to zion, following to footsteps of the lion. Bless up.Turns and the usual:
I and I a gonna turn left over eah.For police etc. don’t shoot this sherrif.
Contact me if you have any questions or updates on this being developed!!
Thanks
3 votes -
Display alternative ETA's at junctions
When I'm driving towards an intersection junction along my route with several route alternatives, I would like a feature that displays hor much longer those alternative route choices are.
Why?
1) My commute has several alternative route choices that differ in meters and seconds.2) The first Waze default route choice is not always best.
3) Sometimes I can plan my route better than Waze, and don't always choose the Waze route.
4) Sometimes I prefer some variety in my daily commute.
5) Sometimes I want to choose a different route just so I can see something different.
19 votes -
2 Ideas!
Hi, ive got two ideas: 1. When starting a new ride from a parking car, Waze does not know which direction the vehicle is facing. And because of Murphy's rules, most of the time it will plan the opposite route :) My suggestion is: before starting navigation I will have the option to calibarate the direction my vehicle facing (button that using the internal compass) . and now that Waze can understand that im facing east for example it can plan the right route. 2. adding an option so Waze know im driving a motorcycle so it can plane the…
34 votesThank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already has Motorcycle Mode included in the app. To change your vehicle type, tap Settings > Car Details > Vehicle type.
As for the idea with adjusting car facing direction, it is under consideration.
-
Michael Sheen (Aziraphale - Good Omens) as a voice option?
I feel his voice would be quite peaceful on a long drive.
1 vote -
Toggle current road to current town
There are many times as I drive through different states, that I want to know what town I’m currently in. Copilot, another GPS program, allows you to tap on the arrow (your location) and the display would toggle between current road and current town. This is especially useful when notifying a friend your location, or looking for a hotel/food.
Thanks!2 votes -
Correct Address
My address does not take people to the correct location. My address is 30 Winchester Gardens Carlisle PA 17013. Waze takes people over to Crain Drive. My address is off Rellim Street.
2 votes -
Add blue highlighting for police traps & advanced warnings
When driving on the interstates waze should highlight your report of police warning blue along your route to notify the all directions of police traps
13 votes -
Speed Bump Permanent Hazard Notifications Persistence
The notifications for speed bump style permanent hazards should not stay on screen, once the driver has already driven past it. It does not add any meaningful information to the drive and only acts as a distraction or blocks part of the screen.
Related Suggestions:
1. https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-waze-suggestion-box/suggestions/48995183-option-to-disable-specific-alerts-including-speed
2. https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-waze-suggestion-box/suggestions/48651209-speed-bump-notification4 votes
- Don't see your idea?