Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Judge Judy as a navigation voice

Judge Judith Sheindlin of "Judge Judy" fame giving her acerbic, vitriolic instructions just like she does in the courtroom but only as a navigator.

547 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Golden Girls as voice options

As a fan of classic sitcoms, "The Golden Girls" is one of my favorites. I think it would be awesone to have Dorothy Zbornak (Bea Arthur), Blanche Devereaux (Rue McClanahan), Rose Nylund (Betty White) and Sophia Petrillo (Estelle Getty) as navigaton voice options.

544 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speed camera alerts

Speed camera alerts should always alert me when i am approaching not just when i am speeding, because what if i am at or below speed limit but decide to speed up when i am unknowingly close to a speed camera

526 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Jai Haze for New Waze Voice

Jai Haze is a well known YouTube Vape Reviewer with a comedic voice that’s a cross between Vince Vaughn and Jersey Shore, let’s get Jais Voice on Waze, Jammies and all, to bring his comedic wittiness to our morning commutes! Can you just play him in the backround of Waze? Yes you can obviously but wouldn’t it be more of a fun matrix like commute with him reviewing the new Vape Device in the backround and him also telling you to turn your Jammy left?

483 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Client Suggestion: Voice Recognition

I was driving from Las Vegas, NV to Fullerton, CA this past weekend. During the trip, I had a few hours to think of what client upgrades could be implemented into WAZE. Specifically, as the title of this thread suggests, I thought about Voice Recognition. This came about as I sent a report, but was unable to type a comment, thanks to texting and driving dangers.

Here is what I was thinking:
    Voice Recognition would always be active while WAZE is active. Instead of pushing a button to activate Waze, what if a keyword was programmed to start the functionality.…

482 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In the works  ·  Unholy responded

Currently available in English and in U.S and Canada.
    Will be available to other countries as well soon.

6. Weather overlay

I would love to have a real time weather overlay on the WAZE maps. This would be a GREAT feature to add to aid in knowing more about driving conditions. Please vote and let's see what we can do to make it happen.

493 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "EV Charging" instead of "Gas Stations"

You can already tell Waze that you're driving an electric vehicle... so why do I still see "gas stations" as an option? Google Maps already has EV charging station POIs - let us select "EV Charging" instead of "gas stations"!

476 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 465 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Saving 'preferred routes'

Would be great to have the ability to save preferred routes, especially for commuters who take the same route every day -- despite what routing appears in navigation.

480 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Android Auto - Use Car Antenna

Right now, when connecting to Android Auto, Waze still uses the phone GPS antenna. In comparison, Google Maps pulls the location from the headset/car antenna, which is often placed optimally to maximize GPS signal strength from within the car.

Please set Waze to use the car's GPS antenna when connected via Android Auto

467 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 449 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Navegación para camiones y autobuses

Posibilidad de navegar de poder utilizar el navegador adaptándose a las condiciones específicas de un camión a un autobús

453 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Set max travel-speed

When towing my caravan, I do not travel on the highway at the speed-limit of 120km/h but rather in the vicinity of 100km/h. This means the ETA is out. It would be a nice feature if I can set my max speed limit for a trip, with my towing combination, and the ETA is calculated based on that.

440 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a feature to announce or indicate the side of the street the destination is on.

It would save so much time and be safer if I knew what side of the street my destination was on. The address should tell waze anyway so I believe this data is already available.

452 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display address you're navigating to when you get near your destination

Often times I get close to my destination and I don't remember the exact house number I'm looking for. It would be nice if when Waze prompts that you're nearing your destination, that it would display the address you put in to navigate to so you can look for the house number as you get close to your destination.

441 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. import a gpx file

i would like to import a gpx file to save MY favorite itinerary to go home !

433 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sync with Google "my places"

it would be great to be able to sync the places already stored in google's my places. So you don´t have to search for them separately and have them at hand even quicker.

more advanced: sharing your places with friends or family members across devices would be great.

finally: being able to save places on the webinterface and syncing to user devices would be nice

waze rocks - keep up the good work!

427 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Waze bicycle alert feature

Waze bicycle alert feature
    For use with waze navigation app
    This feature would Alert wazers to upcoming bicyclist in their path much like other alerts (police,potholes). Having drivers report bicyclists location in the same manner as other alerts would be of little use as bicyclist generally travel between 10-20mph. The bicyclist would need to log into the app and identify them self as a bicyclist or as a bicyclist for the next trip. The bicyclist location would then be shown in Waze as a bicyclist and would provide an approaching driver with an alert. Some additional features would need to…

423 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Speed Bumps

I will suggest the inclusion of speed reducers commonly used in Brazil, called "lombadas" or "quebra-molas" (speed bumps). These elements are rarely well signposted.
    Are a ridge set in a road surface, for purposes to make drivers to reduce speed.

425 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Waze only friends

Hello, I would like to be able to make friends with Wazers without having them also be facebook friends. To me they are seperate applications and do not want to mix them. Eg. work aquaintainces who I don't necessarially want to facebook friend them but use Waze. Also I have "real" friends who refuse to use facebook but I want to have them use Waze and friend them that way.

414 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base