Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pam Poovey [Archer FX] Waze Voice

Amber Nash, the voice of Pam on Archer FX, is gung-ho about this idea! All we need now is for Waze to make it happen!

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bicycle navigation and bike routes for waze!!! Please!!

Can you please add bicycle routes to the app and ways to avoid roads that go over a certain speed limit? The option to set your vehicle as a bicycle and find routes like that avoid high speed roads and roads that dont allow bikes conbined with all of the other great functions of the app will be fantastic...

But since you don't have the feature so many bicyclists won't get to navigate with your app and get the same benefits that car drivers have... I really need a navigator for bikers that shows the speed limits of the roads…

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sound preview when selecting a voice

When I select a voice then I want a preview of the voice becease I want to know how the voice sounds.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. identificação para carro ou caminhão

Gostaria de sugerir a disponibilidade de escolher a utilização de carro de pequeno porte e carro de grande porte ( caminhão por exemplo).
    Possuo um caminhão e já entrei em ruas que só passam carros pequenos
    Tive problemas na hora de sair.
    vocês poderiam utilizar rotas de ônibus para os caminhões. já na pagina inicial : você esta dirigindo Carro ou caminhão.
    Obrigado.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The Golden Girls as voice options

As a fan of classic sitcoms, "The Golden Girls" is one of my favorites. I think it would be awesone to have Dorothy Zbornak (Bea Arthur), Blanche Devereaux (Rue McClanahan), Rose Nylund (Betty White) and Sophia Petrillo (Estelle Getty) as navigaton voice options.

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. S-Turn penalties

In case of traffic even light, some ways become impossible to cross, mainly ave. with more than 3 or 4 lanes.
    Proposal to include a S-Turn routing penalties in case of traffic in the crossing street.
    This will avoid routing in ways with less than 200m (safe length for lane change is S-Turn even with traffic).
    https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Routing_penalties

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add school zones

once it has been reported, start & end time, to have the map turn it on automatically with the speed of traffic (usually 15mph)

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. School zones

I'd like to see active school zones on my map so I could avoid them. I consider the kiddies to be hazards. :)

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ÁREA DE RISCO E VIOLÊNCIA - BRASIL

Hoje conhecidamente no Brasil existe inúmeros casos de problemas de uso do GPS que levam as pessoas para área de risco, com violência, vamos criar um novo alerta para estas regiões, e colocar no GPS Waze a opção para evitar as áreas com esta marcação, da mesmo forma feita para rua sem pavimentação, exemplo.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Map scale indicator

Have you ever wondered how many miles long that traffic jam is up ahead? I sure have, but Waze gives no indication of distances on a map. How about one of the little bars that indicates the scale of the current map view - you know 1 inch equals a mile, etc.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Commute Mode

I would love to be able to set up a commute with stops. Maybe ask a few questions like:

How many stops do you have on your commute (kid drop off, passenger pick up for carpooling, coffee)?

Does your destination ever change? Be able to have different commute profiles.

Then ask how long you are at each stop normally.

If it is the normal route, then it will only warn you of traffic slows or hazards.

Bonus- If I am running late, set up someone to notify, husband or daycare provider ect.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Function to avoid police checkpoints, speed cameras and every kind of number plate controls

There are functions to avoid toll roads and highways, but there is not a function to navigate avoiding streets where electronic controls and police checkpoints are both situated and reported.

It will be great if a feature like this was added. I would pay to have it.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. GNV

1° considerar GNV nos combustíveis,
    2° voltar c/os nomes das ruas no mapa.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Gravel Road Checkbox in Map Editor

An option similar to the Toll Road checkbox that would allow a street segment that's a Gravel Road to be checked off as such and would allow for more precise client preferences to avoid both dirt and gravel or just dirt roads. Many roads gravel roads are well maintained and perfectly suitable for travel, but shouldn't be marked as a Dirt Road/4x4 Trail.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Jeune conducteur france

Je suggère que Waze propose une option "Jeune conducteur" en France. Mon idée serait qu'en activant cette option les limites de vitesses affichées soit celles pour ceux qui sont jeune permis, par exemple une route a 90km/h Waze affiche limité à 80, une autoroute à 130 l'application nous affiche de ne pas dépasser les 110 etc.. Vous avez compris le système. Car je pense qu'un jeune qui vient d'avoir son permis peut être induit en erreur de voir que Waze lui dit qu'il peut rouler à 130 alors que selon le code la route il ne peut dépasser les 110km/h.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Minimize left turns across traffic

While Waze does save me usually, it tends to route me through very difficult unprotected left turns during rush hour which I cannot make or make my route feel unsafe. I wouldn't usually do this but since I am generally unfamiliar with the route I end up in a situation where I have to make this turn.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. RV Option

Please add an option (it could even be a paid add-on) that allows owners of Recreational Vehicles (RV's) to enter in their vehicle height, width and weight to avoid low bridges and tight lanes. May GPS' have this option, but Waze has better routing and traffic reports than they do. You could even make two options, one for RVs and aother for large trucks

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have a manual option to modify route of travel

WAZE gives a route for fastest or shortest trip which is great in most cases . But could we give user's the option to take a less congested or more scenic route as a user's choice by allowing changes to the route instructions or on the map like Google maps with a drag and drop option.OR better yet allow import of Google saved maps into WAZE.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. height and width limits

A way of warning other waze users of heights of bridges or width of restrictions as here in the UK we have so many tiny roads. I've been sent towards so many 6ft 6inch width restrictions and when your driving a lorry this is not a good thing, don't get me wrong I think Waze is excellent but I'm getting frustrated that it assumes I'm in a car all the time. So a facility to input the correct size manually (because they all differ) would help so many. Best to remember commercial drivers are the drivers that travel around the…

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base