Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alerts for mobile and fixed cameras which detect the use of cell phones in the car

State governments in Australia are introducing fixed and mobile cameras to detect the use of cell phones while driving.

Waze needs a feature for users to alert other wazers and confirm the locations of such cameras.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Red Forman GPS voice

"Buckle up and let's cruise the vistas"
    "Turn left before I turn my foot right in your ass"
    "You made the wrong turn dumbass, are you on dope?"
    "You're going the wrong way dumbass, turn around before I put my foot in your ass"

ANY classic Red Forman quotes would be fantastic!

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Avoid express lanes

It would be nice to be able to turn off Express Lanes, with the same toggle switch as the "Avoid Toll Roads" option. I almost never have passengers in my car, and therefore cannot ever take the Express Lanes, but the app keeps directing me to them. Express Lanes also occasionally have different exiting options, so it can sometimes change your entire route and make you miss exits you needed to take.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Announcements depending on speed

I recommend that Waze adjust the "trigger distance" for pre-alerts when traveling quickly.

For example, currently Waze pre-alerts "In one-tenth of a mile ..." regardless of speed.

If you are driving 60 MPH, you cover the one-tenth of a mile in a mere 6-seconds ... by that time, Waze is already alerting you (AGAIN) that it's time to make the turn.

I'm all for voice alerts ... but when the app gabs for 10-seconds straight because of back-to-back announcements, eh....

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. התראת זמן יציאה+ זמן הגעה משוער בוויז לפי מסלולי התחבורה הציבורית

חיבור הוויז למסלולי התחבורה הציבורית ובכך לדעת מהו זמן ההגעה המשוער בעקבות הפקקים במסלול.
    פלטפורמה שעדיין לא קיימת באף אחד מאפליקציות התחבורה הציבורית

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Voz de JARVIS (IA de Homem de ferro) dublada por Eduardo Borgeth

Seria muito legal poder dirigir ouvindo a Voz de JARVIS (Inteligência Artificial do filme Homem de ferro) dublada aqui no Brasil por Eduardo Borgeth.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Arriving Destination... Parking allowed / or not

According to the destination, warn the wazer about the ability to park right there or not, even if it depends on different times of the day.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Average speed check zone speed

It would be great if Waze would show my average speed in an average speed check zone. Other apps (e.g. Dutch FlitsMeister) already do this and it helps keep a grip on your average speed in such a zone. Keeps the traffic flowing :)

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Business Mileage

Send text or post to calendar trip miles for business or personal use. Maybe prompt for business or personal when creating trip. Or maybe maintain log to email for reporting. Regular favourite trips have a check box to indicated "personal" or "business" would be a plus. This would be a huge enhancement!

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add option to Avoid Tunnels

For various reasons drivers may wish to avoid tunnels when navigating. This should be an option along side with Avoid Highways and Avoid Toll Roads.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. display gradient angle

Display gradient angle of the road (terrain) driven.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add routes option when toeing a trailer. Not all routes allow trailers.

Some highways only allow passenger/SUV vehicles and not with a trailer.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A Known Jamaican Guided Voice on Waze - In Support of a non profit, KiDz HuB Media

Currently Waze has a number of voices for guided voice. However, there is no Jamaican Voice, though lots of Caribbean nationals living in the USA and Canada use Waze as a means to get around. I think i would be really cool to have a reggae artist like a Shaggy, Tessanne Chin, or Machel Montano as an option for guided voices. This could be a great way for Waze to also support or bring awareness to a non profit that one of these entertainers support/endorse.

Our non for profit KiDz HuB Media Network's partnership with Estella's Brilliant Bus will serves…

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Implement a setting for winter tires with studs and help driver to avoid forbidden streets

Implement a setting for winter tires with studs and help the driver to avoid forbidden streets. In urban areas in the Nordic countries it is becoming more common that local politicians forbid driving cars with winter tires with studs on some streets with high pollution. When creating a route to a destination, Waze do not take into account that some of the streets may be restricted due to this. This is becoming a problem since the driver need to be a local to know where not to drive. Signs showing the restriction are always present but will be noticed too…

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to switch on the screen a second map view showing the route with zoom out

It could be a good idea to have a switch on/off option of a second map view (in one corner of the screen) to see simultaneously the route from higher perspectives (i.e., a zoom out view), in order to acquire information regarding where the Waze would direct us, which roads, after every recalculations of the optimal route.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Routes should default to Map View instead of List View

Upon setting a destination and clicking Routes, I would like the default view to be Maps instead of List. Please make this an option.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Carpool

You need to let us choose if we are carpooling or not. I rarely carpool and two of the three routes given to me are express lane options which are not available to me. There needs to be an option to select if you're carpooling or not so the app can then give non carpoolers better routing options

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tell us WHY Waze can't find a route

Today I was in Virginia and starting a drive to Northampton, MA. Waze told me that it couldn't find a route. In fact, it couldn't find a route to Boston, or New Haven, or anywhere else north of NY, NY. (It can find a route to NY, NY). I'd like to know why. I tried multiple phones.

When things like this happens, Waze should say WHY it can't find a route.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Always warn for speed traps, even when not speeding

Currently, Waze only warns for police speed traps when I am driving above the current speed limit.

The problem with this is that the speed limit Waze think applies can be wrong. For example, in the Netherlands, the hard shoulder is opened during rush hours to allow for more traffic ("spitsstroken"). However, the maximum speed is then reduced.
    Also, a number of roads have variable speed limits, where you have different limits applying depending on whether it is day or night.

If a speed trap is active, Waze will not warn me because it thinks I am driving under the…

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base