Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3148 results found
-
Voice choice
Hi I love the choice of voices. My friends and myself are fond of the voice of the character LUCIFER (Netflix drama - actor Tom Ellis).
He has that very specific tone that is delightful!5 votes -
Sloping / inclined streets
In Latam and some other cities I have known, there are streets with inclines of more than 15° and some vehicles cannot drive up these roads due to several factors.
1) low power vehicles
2) Motorcycles
3) climatic factors that prevent the vehicle to go up this road.
4) vehicles parked on the sides that prevent other vehicles from passing.It would be interesting to make waze as well as avoid freeway roads we can add the inclination and avoid it.
43 votesThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
COVID-19 Outbreak Tracking
Provide daily COVID-19 Outbreak Tracking. Your app should display red shaded bubbles over areas with outbreaks, with the bubble size proportional to the outbreak size. For example right now on March 19, 2020, there would be a large shaded red bubble over New York City. This would correspond to the current outbreak in New York city, and advise motorist to avoid this area as a stopover or even as a drive-through. This could help motorists avoid contamination and/or travel delays in the future if there are “containment “ areas. (You could get the data feed from John’s Hopkins or…
37 votesThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Please, please dont discontunue Cookie Monster. Especially now with Social Distancing, "his" voice seems like a Real friend in my car. PLZ?
Please, please dont discontunue Cookie Monster. Especially now with Social Distancing, "his" voice seems like a Real friend in my car. PLZ?
431 votes -
Ad a ”hide me at this address" function
Suggestion: Make an option to hide me from view to all other wazers within a radius of ?200? meters from a selected address
Why: For example, At home I want to follow my wife/husband coming from work, and I turn waze on, now everyone can see where I (my nickname) live. From there it is easy to track me when I am home or out at it becomes easy to track my routines.
In the long run it would be nice if accepted friends could se you at home, and that you could choose our own radius.33 votes -
Make Waze alert me when I'm near somewhere
Make Waze alert me when I'm near somewhere
Calendar events are triggered by time, right?
What if...
You want to go to a place, but you don't need to go any time soon, so you plan ahead, and say:
When I drive close to "this" place, I'll stop by.
So what I want is this:
I tell Waze, I'll need to get to "X" place.
Remind me when I get as near as "1/5/10 Km."13 votes -
show public transportation routes
We're in a climate crisis and everybody should drive less when there are alternatives available.
Waze should help with that by suggesting Public Transportation or bicycle routes when selecting a destination, when those routes are viable alternatives (don't bother showing a 3h bus route for a 10 min drive).
This could be similar to Google Maps and use the same data.
Just by showing that there are alternatives, the user might be tempted to try them.
This might be specially useful when driving in cities that have car restrictions, dedicated bus lanes or good bicycle infrastructure that rivals congestion,…10 votes -
Make Waze carpool work also for drivers who drive more than 100 kilometers.
First I thought this was a bug., but...
As it was clearly explained to me by Waze support, Waze carpool does not work for drivers who make long rides, and Waze has no intention of fixing it.
Waze carpool only match with passengers which have similar characteristics of the ride .
This is proven easily. The shorter the ride you plan, the more passengers you have, on the same route.
I suggest allowing picking passengers at any spot on the way and doping them at any spot on the way.2 votesThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Convoy option
Be able to join a convoy with friends/family set a destination and everyone that is in the convoy can see the navigations and see what everyone’s ETA and where they are on the map
9 votes -
Hide bottom toolbar on iPhone
The toolbar on the bottom (drive to, report etc.) should be hidden when in navigation mode to help use up the entire iPhone screen. On screen tap the toolbar can pop back up to access these tools. I just don't think the iPhone screen is large enough to keep that toolbar there at all times. Maybe a setting could enable this auto-hide feature while some people may like it to be shown all the time.
18 votes -
KID'S MODE MAKE IT PERMENANT
I would love the kids mode option made permanent that what made me and my 600 friends on FB 200 on twitter and 300 on Insgram download it bring that back,PLEASE ME AND THOUSANDS LOVE HEARING THOSE LITTLE VOICES EVEN MY KIDS MISS AND ASK ALL THE TIME AND HAD TO TELL THEM THE TRUTH WAZE TOOK IT AWAY,AND MY NIECE CRIED ITS A SHAME....PLEASE WAZE BRING IT BACK #BRINGBACKKIDSMODE whoever sees this blow it up hadtag all over there Social's,Please Thank you Jackie mom of Two
18 votes -
Subscription for more content
Here is my idea and I would hope if this ever got approved I would be included in the profits anyways
Have a subscription based add on that has special features for car enthusiasts for £1.99 a month
1. Add friends and be able to see them on your map if they are near by
2. Friend can create groups for road trips and meets so that you can see set destinations together aswell as set group pins as a destination if they have found somewhere cool to go
3. Have a road tracker bit like a video game where…3 votes -
Pin drop report function
EVERY time I have seen a cop I haven't used the Report feature because I'm a mile away by the time I report. Then the report is inaccurate and useless for everyone else.
Make it so I can drive by the cop and then pull out my phone and place a pin on the location wjere the report should actually be. I understand your worried about people abusing and reporting thing across town so then only allow someone to report and pin drop something within 1/5mile?21 votes -
extra vehicle categories
I drive an older diesel vehicle, entering some parts is.. costly. Add section for vehicles with certain limitations.
6 votes -
Add Estimated Rest Stops
Allow Waze to look at my previous drives and understand that normally in a 4 hour drive I take one rest stop for approximately 20 minutes. That 20 minutes should be accounted in my ETA I personally think.
8 votes -
Horse-riding
It would be great if you could mark yourself as a slow-moving hazard for other Wazers to be alerted to on their screens as they drive.
Imagine you are riding a horse on a narrow country lane. Considerate drivers slow right down when passing riders on horseback to avoid spooking the horses.
If you could declare yourself a rider on horseback, and had your phone with you then other Waze users could be alerted to your presence well before rounding the very last corner and needing to brake suddenly.
This could reduce accidents between horses and cars.
63 votes -
Stop navigation once you're "close enough" to the destination
Waze should have an option where it stops trying to re-route once you're close to the destination, especially when it is not possible to actually drive to the exact entry point for whatever reason.
Context:
I've got someone who has brought up routing issues to their destination a few times, and at least two or three local editors have made various changes. They now again have been saying that once they arrive, Waze wants them to exit the parking lot again, and make a huge detour just to return again to where they are already located.
I am convinced this…
25 votes -
Option to avoid a specific bridge.
I want to be able to avoid specific bridges (Chesapeake Bay Bridge). It would be nice to be able to avoid a specific section of road, either permanently or per drive.
8 votes -
Report police driving in the same direction 🚨
Today it's possible to report police driving in the opposite direction, but it would be good to also be able to report if they're driving in the same direction as yourself to be able to warn drivers ahead of you. Or maybe it should be all rescue vehicles, so people can give a clear lane for police, ambulances and fire trucks
20 votes -
Allow a single user to put up a road closure that remains until another driver goes through the closure.
As a user who drives mostly in town, there are numerous road closures that I experience. I often mark the closure but the next time I drive through that area, the road appears OPEN, although it is actually still blocked. I suggest that a single user be able to put up a closure, without the need for a second driver to also show or confirm the closure.
13 votes
- Don't see your idea?