Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3150 results found
-
Please address the issue where Waze no longer gives driving instructions on HUD units via Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
As the topic suggests
20 votes -
Track my car's vitals; build database for community benefits
This is a big idea, no small undertaking I know. I'd like to combine my GPS app with the functionality of an app like Gas Cubby, which tracks my MPG at every fill-up and alerts me when my car is due for maintenance.
Here's how I envision it:
-I tell Waze what car I drive: ex: 2003 Saturn Vue, 6 cyl, automatic
-Every time I stop to fill up, I tell Was
a) What my current odometer reads (waze should know how many miles I've driven in theory, but this is a checksum validation in case I forgot…4 votes -
New state notification
I would love to get a notification when entering a new state while driving, such as "welcome to New York," I find it helpful when navigating to know when I have reached a new state
26 votesThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Trains blocking roads
I think it would be great if there could be a feature added for trains! We have trains in this area that will stop on the tracks for hours, and they end up blocking over 20 different roads and you end up having to drive about 15 roads down until you find an opening where the train ends. Currently there's no way to indicate a stopped train. I've tried using the blocked road feature but it doesn't work for this.
5 votes -
New front screen warning
Hi all. I think we need a new front screen, just after you type your destination. This new screen will give you traffic info and route options like Google Maps does and more. Like and advanced warning before your drive starts. Otherwise you can just think, why has this diverted me? Then not bother and carry on ignoring the re route.
2 votes -
Hide search bar
I keep seeing this response to multiple users about the search bar that does not go away: “ Thanks for the suggestion. Search bar automatically hides after around 30 seconds driving without navigation”. The bar does NOT go away after 30 seconds. It takes me 20 minutes to drive to work, and it will not go away. Apple iPhone 13…
3 votes -
Confirm arrival
Confirm arrival before ending navigation
I would like Waze to confirm whether the driver has actually arrived before automatically ending navigation when they pass the destination.
Sometimes you may drive past the address because you are still looking for a place to stop, park, or simply locate the exact entrance. In these situations, Waze may consider you arrived even though you are still trying to reach the destination.
A simple prompt such as “Have you arrived, or are you still looking for your destination?” could allow the driver to keep navigation active if needed.
This would also improve…7 votes -
toll estimator
today while driving I was given a choice of three routes, all of which had tolls. It would be great if there was an estimate on how much the total tolls would be for each route since I know from personal experience that one of the routes given had substantially lower tolls and only added two minutes to the trip
18 votesThank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze calculates and displays toll prices in many parts of the world. To know when this becomes available in your country, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram
-
Use predictive modeling to better route traffic during a major traffic event
Western Washington state experienced a major traffic event when a train derailed and shut down Interstate 5 for the whole day. 60K vehicles use that stretch of I-5 every day. I used Waze to navigate home, but a 40 minute drive turned into 5.5 hours because of the accident and using side roads.
Waze tried its best to find the best route, but the predicted two-hour drive kept getting worse and worse. Of course, there's not much historic information to know how to the side and back roads would reach to that much traffic flooding onto them, but Waze failed…
4 votes -
Hello! I miss to see when day is finish to see the route I have drive that day, example the route I have drive is mark whit a red color.thks
Hello ! I wanted that my route during the day is marked whit a red color, so when I come home and writ my paper what I have done that day, I can see in Waze map where I have been, so I do not miss anything when I writ my paper. Thank you. Finn-Erik Moberg
1 vote -
Use accelerometer to detect and report on bumpy roads, and offer option to route around them
Use the device's accelerometer to detect bumpiness in the road the user is currently driving on. Send this data to Waze, then use collective data on road bumpiness to offer a routing option so that users can favor driving on smoother roads. Possibly also tie into the existing systems to report/show potholes or road hazards.
13 votes -
Problems to access GROUPS option
BB Release 2.0.2.3 Spanish version has problems when you try to access GROUPS option I cant join any from my blackberry. My friends dont have this problem (samsung phone)
1 voteThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Expensify integration
We use Expensify to report our expenses including milage reimbursement. It would be great if the recorded drives could be used in Expensify.
12 votes -
Road Colouring on Average Speed Check Zone
When driving in an average speed check zone, Waze doesn’t say when you have left it - so can be driving for miles past the end.
Can Waze change the colour or pattern of the road to show drivers when they are in the zone and not just passing the cameras.17 votes -
Change "Avoid Highways" to "Avoid Freeways"
The current "Avoid Highways" preference in the client is essentially useless because it includes even "Minor Highways" which is poorly defined. The category includes even very small country roads that happen to be designated State highways - hardly in the same category as freeways and therefore not useful as a routing distinction.
On the other hand, "Avoid Highways" is a very useful option for users who would like to use the Waze route optimization features, but without the stress and other factors that come with Freeway driving.
38 votes -
Share position in waze android auto
Possibilité ton share position to Friends, same as app on phone
1 vote -
Warning: Area with a high concentration of traffic accidents.
Warning: Area with a high concentration of traffic accidents.
Based on daily accident reports, mark areas with a high frequency of accidents as high-risk. Provide a voice warning: "You are approaching a dangerous area with a high concentration of traffic accidents - drive with increased caution!"In urban conditions, it can also be applied to dangerous intersections: "Dangerous intersection ahead."
For turns where accidents are often marked: "Caution, dangerous turn ahead!"
These voice warnings could greatly contribute to the safety of road users. It is important that they have a voice alert before entering the specific section.
6 votes -
The shortest route in terms of time should take account of a reduced speed compared with the maximum speed
My employer wants me to drive with a reduced speed below the speed limits :
- 110 km/h on roads limited to 130 km/h
- 100 km/h on roads limited to 110 km/h.
I can't set those maximum speeds into the Waze settings.
The path with the shortest time depends on the maximal speed a vehicle has on each type of road.4 votes -
Don't send me driving into a fire zone in San Francisco.
Driving around SF last Tuesday morning. Used Waze and was directed into an area where there was a huge fire which had been ongoing for a few hours.
And later that afternoon (7-hours later) it directed me again to the area still closed by that very fire.
4 votes -
Ability to add obstructions offline
Wish there was a way to add (eg, road closures) offline - currently it seems the only way to do it is to actually drive there until the triangle button appears on the screen. Trying to warn everyone as a closed road is currently showing as roadworks/closed lane.
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?