Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3148 results found
-
I'd like to move the car icon out of the middle of the map in order to see more of the upcoming route and less of what's already passed
I'd like to move the car icon out of the middle of the map in order to see more of the upcoming route and less of what's already passed. Specially when using Navigation since it the ETA status window takes up a reasonable portion of the screen. For instance: if I'm driving southeast my car icon should be displayed in the upper left hand corner (when using True North mode) but the same applies when in the relative mode. Thanks
22 votes -
Flip or swap speed to other side of screen (for CarPlay) and/or make speed limit as big as actual speed.
Hi. Love Waze, but this idea is one of three that would take it from good to great for me...
Problem: For RH Drive vehicles, especially with CarPlay or where the phone is mounted to the left of the steering wheel, the speed limit (as opposed to actual speed) is too hard to read quickly while driving.
Some solutions:
1) A simple option to flip (or swap) the speed widget to the other side of the screen... and / or
2) An option that displays the speed limit the same size as the actual speed, perhaps partly tucked behind the…5 votes -
POI route / info
provide switch for "tourist mode" - while you are driving to destination, provide limited notification of POI in the area (on your right is the Eiffel tower, built in 1887). "tourist mode" can allow for categories for selection (history, culture, etc). linked to this is the ability to select a POI route in your area (just go for a drive to the POIs in your area).
3 votes -
One Lane Bridge Alerts
It would be great to have a warning when approaching a one lane bridge, given that it's an important time to slow down and be prepared to stop. By one lane bridge, I mean a bridge with one lane that is shared be the traffic going in either direction (https://www.nzta.govt.nz/roadcode/general-road-code/road-code/about-driving/giving-way/giving-way-on-one-lane-bridges/).
Generally one direction gets the right of way, so it would also be handy to have that included in the warning.
34 votes -
“Reverse Trip” Option
I think it would be a great feature if Waze added a “Reverse Trip” button after completing a drive. Instead of generating a new route back based on Waze’s current suggestions, this feature would guide you back using the exact same route you originally took.
There are times when I discover an easier or preferred route during a drive and would rather return the same way instead of taking a different suggested route. This could be especially useful for short trips where you quickly return to your original starting point.
2 votes -
1 vote
Thanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Nearest petrol station on the driven route
During active navigation, on android auto, when I search for petrol station I shows me the nearest one as the crow flies, but not the nearest one on my route. (As does google maps do.)
Sometimes it shows me a petrol station 2km away, but to get there i need to drive 20km, then drive of the highway, and drive 20km back.
Also zooming and moving of the map would be nice while viewing the petrol stations, to see if they are a viable option.1 vote -
Do 'waze to friend', nearest location for both parties
I wanted today to have my GF drop me something I needed.
So I kinda had to scroll down in the waze map to understand where should we meet in order to make her and my drive as quick as possible.
So, i just thought on this feature, if both parties using waze and agrees to it, waze will either A) Just give them suggestions for location that will minimize the driving time for both parties. B) Monitor online both parties until they meet, and update in the map, each one of the other's advances.
Took me a while to…
1 vote -
Speed Bump Permanent Hazard Notifications Persistence
The notifications for speed bump style permanent hazards should not stay on screen, once the driver has already driven past it. It does not add any meaningful information to the drive and only acts as a distraction or blocks part of the screen.
Related Suggestions:
1. https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-waze-suggestion-box/suggestions/48995183-option-to-disable-specific-alerts-including-speed
2. https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-waze-suggestion-box/suggestions/48651209-speed-bump-notification4 votes -
WAZE to Catch Criminals
First as police officer for 35 years I think waze is great and makes our job easier. The goal of every law enforcement agency is (if not shame on them) voluntary compliance with the law. If the mere presence of a police car causes motorists to communicate via waze and slow down, then our job is done without the hazards of a traffic stop!
But my idea is for wazers to help the police get dangerous criminals off the streets. Criminals drive to and from crime scenes and are out in traffic with millions of wazers. Police officers issue Be…
6 votes -
Waze widget
Today for the firsrt time i installed the waze widget. I liked but it seemed very simple. I think that the ETA shown was if I took TOLL roads bit when I touched "Drive" it took me to the non-TOLL road (which was the one I wanted but then the ETA was much longer) So I had one Idea but I need to show it. How can attach a picture to this post? But in other words it would nice to have the ETAs for TOLL roads and non-TOLL roads. Let me know if i can send a…
4 votes -
Report missing or incorrect speed limit while driving
I notice there are no option to report incorrect or missing speed limit while driving, I think you should be able to just like reporting a police. I have driven on many roads that Waze either report incorrect or no speed limit.
4 votes -
Option to turn off alerts for road construction
I can choose to toggle Road Constructions on or off for "Display On Map."
I would like to be able to toggle off alerts for Road Constructions, specifically, under "Alerts on Route."
Driving in Minnesota in the summer, it is a given that there will be road construction everywhere. It's nice to be able to see it on the map, and have the app use the information in its routing calculations, but I don't need an alert to tell me that it is there. It interrupts whatever else I am listening to, and it is not necessary to alert me…
36 votes -
Report poor road conditions
Report bad road conditions to force the user to drive at lower speed
1 vote -
Add option to make restrictions visible similar to closures
This goes together with a suggestion on the WME side to add a check box in WME.
Since there is no easy way to add closures based on a schedule, there are times it would be nice to have restrictions that can be scheduled show in the app similar to a closure. That way someone driving without a route will have the visual cue like a closure.
31 votes -
Fix map pan function on Android Auto for rotary/joystick control
I drive a BMW i3. It uses a combination rotary control/joystick. Touchscreen is not available. I cannot pan the map when I select the panning function.
AA version 9.8.632424-release
Waze version: 4.96.0.52 votes -
Mute specific notifications at specific locations
I want to know about cars on shoulder, hazards on road etc but I want to be be able to mute specific alerts by location : I know there is a speed camera and pot holes on my normal route and want to mute those but not mute all other items for same items on the rest of my drive. Shouldn’t be an all or nothing alert system. Need a MUTE THIS NOTIFICATION FOR THIS LOCATION ONLY option.
4 votes -
Change "Dangerous Intersection" Notification Text
"[Police Department] reminds you to drive safely at [intersection]" conflicts with the unbiased and objective/factual angle that Waze comes in at, the fastest and most utilitarian navigation possible, and is also awkward considering Waze also has police reporting features. It should be changed to something less awkward and more useful: "Upcoming [intersection] has been reported dangerous."
1 vote -
Destination confirmation
. Destination always shown on map, may be on top of or in estimated time of arrival box, as a confirmation that correct destination has been entered? (Reason - sometimes Waze gives directions when driving that I personally would not have selected).
23 votesGreat thinking! We’ll share with the team; they’re always interested in new feature ideas.
-
Small bug
Hello, It seems that there is a small bug, that runs for a while now. After i setup a drive and all is good, sometimes if i switch to other app, or if i receive a call (full screen incoming call) the lower bar from the Drive screen (where the search is, ETA, how many km are till destination etc) turns into white color. Keep in mind that the drive is runing in the dark mode, so that white bar from below is really annoying.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?