Skip to content

Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

910 results found

1. Reopen Update Request

A key could be added, available for a certain period of time from the closing of the UR (e.g. 1d, 6h, 30min), to be able to reopen it and change its status, it is useful when a UR is closed by mistake (if the key is displayed for a few minutes after closing) or if the user replies or adds details after closing (if viewed for a few hours after closing)
    The button could only be made visible to those who commented on that issue first or otherwise participated in the conversation.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. combine Lane guidance segments

With the newly implemented Lane guidance we see new problems rising up.
    In belgium, beeing densly populated, we somtimes have several entry's or exits of the highway following up on each other very closely.
    sometimes even as close as 20-50 meters.

I would like to have a sort of junction box type of tool to combine 2 lange guidance segments.

for example:
    2 highway exits within 50 meters. I want the Lane guidance before the first exit to allready show in what lane I have to stay if I have to take the 2nd exit.

It's kind of hard to…

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include layers settings NOT marked as default

Hello, I am almost sure that I am writing a duplicate of a proposal here. However, I have not found anything in a hurry.
    What is a minor annoyance in daily editing and helping new editors is clicking on permalinks that contain layer settings. Unfortunately this option is turned on in the default. My suggestion is I think quite simple to implement. By default this function should be deselected. If you have to send your layer settings (there might be reasons to do so) you have to check this option actively."

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Restrictions feature (TBR): Limit access by editor level

The restrictions tool used to be simpler a few years ago. Today it allows to setup not only time/days restrictions but also permits/passes, number of passengers, toll roads and more. With new options such as "allowed", "toll free" and "prohibited" it became confusing even for higher rank editors sometimes.

I've lost count of how many times I checked editors that made 1-2 edits and that added a 24/24h 7/7d permanent restriction on what should be a simple "private road". Or even setup a freeway pass on a simple street.

This tool has become extremely complex and powerful, especially since routing…

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Invert PUR Filter by type

With the latest release of WME, we can now filter place update requests (PURs) by type. There should be an option to invert the filter. By doing this, I can select one type of PUR and show everything except that type.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to select long stretches of road

A feature that would allow defining a start and an end point and which would automatically select the road between them would be very helpful. There is somtimes a need to select a length of road in the tens or even hundreds of kilometres. (The alt-click trick doesn't work for such long distances.)

Two use case examples:

1) RTC on long stretch of highway

There have been several highway closures due to winter storms recently. Selecting the entire road to be closed requires lots of panning and selecting individual segments, which is very time-consuming.

2) Making changes to long stretches…

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add map comments to the "All issues" section

It would be great to have all map comments in one place, and the all issues sections seems perfect for this. Include some filters like comment type (point, area), comment expiration date, comment creator (me, other), etc.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Parking lot type (motorcycles-only, cars-only, both)

It's very common, at least in Colombia, parking lots only for motorcycles and it's really dissapointing to arrive at a parking lot suggested by Waze, and realize that it's a motorcycle-only parking lot and you're driving a car.
    Please add a new property in WME to choose the type of parking lot: motorcycles-only, cars-only, or both, and add a new feature in app to filter by parking lot type.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Particular and recurring restrictions

Sometimes I faced uncommon recurring restrictions to be applied on a segment, for example:
    - every first sunday of every month;
    - every third thursday of even months;
    - every last saturday of every month.

There is NO WAY to do it automatically in WME, because the editor is unable to know which is the first occurrence of sunday every month and so on, meaning I have to edit those restrictions manually, and I will for sure forget about them.

Developing a built-in tool for these particular cases could be globally very useful.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow direct editing of alt names and cities

Currently alt names or cities can be changed only by deleting the existing name and re-creating a new alt name. Please allow direct editing of alt names. Also it would be great if primary and alt names were draggable so an alt name could be promoted to the primary name without deleting and recreating.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Parking Lot Roads - Differentiate Aisles & Roads

It would be nice to have a way of setting PLRs to be able to use speed data (versus a set speed) while having the same penalty settings (i.e., the road has no penalty between the two PLR settings). This would be useful in large parking lots area such as sporting venues and malls, where set speed is fine for aisles and minor roads but speed data would be useful for finding the fastest entrance/exit on it's higher volume roads. With the set PLR speed, you are almost always getting the shortest route of PLRs, even if that lot exit…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey !

Can you please share some more details and examples for this issue which you would like to address in this suggestion?
    This will help us to better understand what will be the best solution.

Thank you

12. The option to turn off certain items in map display, like schools, libraries, parks, etc.

As the subject says, it would be nice if we could un-clutter the display by having the ability to turn OFF certain items on the map display like schools, churches, libraries, parks, etc.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion!

As we are currently moving forward with adding this for natural features, we'd like to implement that first, and then check back to see if this is still relevant after that feature is live.  

13. Add closed map suggestions count to profile page

It'd be great if you could track how many map suggestions you have closed. You can already see your closed UR, PUR, and MP counts on your profile page so it would be great if closed map suggestions could also be added.

Here is a simple mockup I made of what that could look like: https://i.imgur.com/XajOINK.png

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Practice mode in WME while logged in

As far as I know, after logging into the WME, the user cannot enter practice mode anymore.
    I suggest that besides "Default mode" and "Event mode", there will be "Practice mode" that will enable anyone to go into the practice mode directly even when already logged in. This might be useful for anyone who wants to try to edit in order to test something or to illustrate some edit option (and take a snapshot of it), and also it is suggested to enable entrance into the tutorial videos from there.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Timed reminder for MCs

Would like to be able to add a reminder based on date/time on an MC. Good for reminder to check on construction or to check for updated aerials, etc. Perhaps allow for both author and subscribers.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Rearrange RoadShields by moving the boxes with the mouse.

It would be really great, if we could move RS on WME. It's really tedious when you have to delete RS and search again just to change the order of them. How great would it be if we could rearrange the different RoadShield boxes by moving them with the mouse.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add ability to mark Map Comments as critical with increased visibility

Please add a way to mark some Map Comment (MC) points as "critical" (as opposed to "informational"), with increased visibility. Instead of a small white dot, for example, you could display a slightly larger black-and-white or red-and-white bullseye. You could perhaps even add (gentle!) animation, such as gradual pulsing.

Why do I suggest this? Several times now, I have encountered oversights by editors who seemed to have missed important information in a nearby MC Point. These well-intentioned but uninformed edits degraded the driver experience until they were discovered and repaired. I've asked around and have come to three conclusions:

(1)…

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Issue tracker, disabling automatic refresh after closing for example UR

Issue Tracker is otherwise good but one part of it's behaviour is driving me nuts!

When you close for example an UR it refreshes the list automatically -> You lose track where you were on the list. So you end up clicking same reports over and over again every time you close something...

I liked the old UR list behaviour better when solved one's stayed on the list until you refreshed it, you never lost the track where you were on the list. And there is a refresh button on Issue Tracker so WHY does it also have to refresh…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disc Parking / Parkscheibe / vulgo Parkuhr / disque de stationnement / Disco horario / Parkeringsskive / Pysäköintikiekko

As payment method for parking lots & customer parking we need a disc parking option,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_parking
    as these are becoming very popular at stores. Additionally a field is required to set maximum parking time with the disc.

Would be great if Waze would notify that a parking disc is needed if you reach such PLs

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Event edit mode in WME

During Event Mode you only can select segments and you will not be able to edit them. Only RTCs are possible.
    You also can select one previous entered event (MTE) --> this MTE will be preselected for RTCs during event mode. Also the name of the RTC will be the same the whole time.
    Benefits: You only have to selects the segments, enter date & time and therefore save a lot of time. You also won't be able accidentally to move segments, nodes or POIs.
    Also GPS, my area, POI, issue ans script layer will be deselected automatically (as an…

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Map Editor Suggestions