Skip to content

Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

910 results found

1. Disable and restore to default of the issue tracker filters

Please add two important features to the issue tracker:
    1. Temporarily disable all filters in the issue tracker (show all URs, PURs etc.), without changing the filters, so that the editor can later on enable the filters in order to have the defined filters without the need to redefine them.
    2. Restore the issue tracker to its default state, so that all the previously changed filters will be returned to their default state.
    These features will be very useful.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Comments and Notes as separate layer

I think it would be very useful to have a option to add/edits comments/notes in a manner such as a "Venue type" (place type) point/area. The difference from the existing venue functionality is that the comment/note would be on a different layer, and would not be rendered in the livemap or in the app (i.e., only visible on WME).

The idea is that in WME, this would allow longer term notes to be made, edited, locked, and deleted in a manner similar to existing place points/area functionality, in order to explain certain unusual mapping issues.

For instance:
    - temporary/construction related…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Junction box, add ability to demand a pass or mark as private for specific route

Junction box is still evolving so it would be good to add one more feature to it. We have situations where driving through a longer section of road is only permitted with certain conditions but driving to an address in between or to drive across the affected street from different direction is always allowed.

Thinking about a possibility that those conditions could be set as a pass and then apply it only to specific route in junction box. This could probably also be used in a way that you could set a specific route to be private road in routing,…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Keep me logged into the WME

Would it be possible to keep me logged into the WME once i logged in, via cookies and cache. Currently i'm getting logged out of my session as soon as i close the tab. Even worse when i get a discord notification on my phone about a closure and i wanna close a road i need to login again there too each time and the UI and workflow is very cumbersome.

In short would it be possible that once i'm logged into the WME on a browser to stay logged in until i log out, or do a cache clear…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatic flag on unused places

Many places in the WME are not used for various reasons: The place was closed or moved, the place was created for an event that has passed, the place was wrongly created, the place exists but nobody uses it for routing. During the years, the number of such "garbage" places is growing, and will continue to grow forever.
    There must be some way of cleaning these places from the map.
    It is suggested that every place (excluding RPP and natural features) that nobody set it as a destination for 15 months, will be automatically flagged, with a reason that the…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatically select road name text when editing

In the latest version of WME, when you open up the "edit" dialog to adjust a street name, and then click on the text box for "name" or "city", it drops the cursor at the end of the box. It would be nice if the existing text in the box is highlighted so you don't have to manually select the text to clear the box when editing the name of the street or the city name

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Off road / Unmaintained road should not have the unpaved option

The "Off-road / Unmaintained road" type is almost always unpaved, and in cases where it is paved, it is not to be treated as paved. Thus the "Unpaved" attribute of such a segment is not needed. Moreover, it may sometimes cause an unwanted route when there are some segments that have the unpaved attribute whereas some don't have that attribute.
    I suggest removing that attribute from that type of segment.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve/change the error message

Improve/change the error message when low level editors tries to delete the house number on streets with higher locks. Now we got "Error saving, try later" message. It gives, to editor, no idea of what the problem is, and the user may thinks that's a WME bug. By changing this message, it will give to editor and mentor/higher levels editor's more information to understand where the problem lies.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Only allow editing of road shield if you can edit the segment

I know, and have no issues with, that if you add/change a road shield on a segment it will add/change the road shield to every segment with the same streetID (same street name, city, state, country combination) no matter where it is (even if you you don't have edit rights in the area)

My issue is that I should not be able to go to an area, state, country that I have ZERO edit rights in and add/change their road shields.

My suggestion is that when you select a segment, if you can't make a normal edit to that segment,…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,
    Thank you for this suggestion.

Currently we won’t move forward with this suggestions as road-shields are assigned to streets and not to segments, which has higher benefit in the mapping process.

If a user have editing rights to one of the segments on a street he/ she will be able to assign the road shield .

Best,
    Hezi

10. Allow House Names to be added/editable in RRPs

In the UK, houses can be named instead of numbered. This is very common in rural parts of the country.

When an App user adds a Residential Place they can add in House Names within the address field. When the Residential Place Update Request reaches WME, we can approve the PUR, but once it's been saved, we cannot edit it due to the restriction WME puts on the Address field (numbers only with letter suffixes). We can't even move the RRP, the only thing we can do is delete it.

This request is to allow House Names to be added…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a keyboard shortcut to toggle the Issues Layer

The new issues layer is not linked with a keyboard shortcut to toggle it on/off, at it is the case for other layers like roads, place, closure,....

This would really help, especially for koifish suggestion, so we can quickly toggle on/off the suggestion and see what's under it on the image, or even if there is not a already existing segment hidden by suggestion.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Added to backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow closure overlapping

Hi,
    very often I am notified of an event that needs closure after it started, then I go to select the many segments that must be closed.
    When I want to add a proper closure on them, there are already dozen of closure made by drivers and I have to remove all of them one by one before adding mine. That's annoying because it is slow, and sometimes new closure are made by drivers while I am removing them :

And overlapping closure are not a real problem because when it is done by waze app it happens often so…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

Thank you for the suggestion.

In order to check this suggestion, we would like you to share some more examples with us.
    We aim to get the understanding of how often this is an issue.

Best,
    Hezi.

13. Add sub-places tab

Please add a tab for places (in addition to General, More info, Photos). This tab will include a (sorted) list of sub-places that exist in the building. Each such sub-place will be searchable in the application and will appear as: sub-place name, place name, address.
    Examples:
    A mall may have 100 stores, all these store will be gathered in the tab of the mall and not as distinct point places, and will appear in the search as: Mall name – store name, address of the mall.
    An office building that contains 40 private offices (lawyers, accountants, etc.) will be a…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show stop points in the House Numbers layer

The House Numbers layer currently displays only the location of the HN, but not the stop point on the related segment. In HN editing mode, when you select the HN, the stop point also becomes visible, with a dotted line from the HN to the stop point. Suggestion is to display the stop point and the dotted line as part of the House Numbers layer, even when not in HN editing mode. (This might either be visible only at a high-enough zoom level, such as 18, or be an option that the user could enable from the layers menu.)

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SLUR behavior (speed limit update request)

Hi,
    a few month ago Irad told to make suggestions about SLUR, I took my time but here it is :

In the beginning, we had a SLUR for every request, and there were way too much of them because sometimes there is a lag in showing the new speed limit so people were reporting speed limit that were already good, and also because speed limit were not visible in the client until you exceeds the limit.

The idea of grouping them making cluster was implemented (against our will), and according to Merav last time I spoke with her about…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Thank you for this suggestion.

As it was announced in the forum we are currently working on improving the SLUR workflow and user experience.
    This suggestion will be taken into consideration in the work.

So, thank you again we will update accordingly.

Hezi

16. Segregating effective and suggested closures

WME shows two kinds of closures:
    - effective closures, affecting routing and visible on livemap
    - suggested closures, non affecting routing and not visible on livemap. Those suggested closures always have a duration equal to a multiple of 24 hours, starting and ending at the same time of day (on different days, obviously), and are usually created by editors having a layer lower than 3. Those suggested closures result from closure reports made from the app.
    The WME displays both kind of closures using exact same visuals: it is necessary to open and examine the closure, to determine if it…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to readjust junction boxes

At the moment junction boxes can be drawn when they are being created. After the junction box is saved, the form of the boxes can't be adjusted anymore.

This is problematic because:
    a) Now it is possible to move nodes inside a junction box. But if the junction box is too small, there is not enough space to sufficiently correct and move a node.

b) If the junction box is not sufficient it must be deleted and recreated in order to correct some bad edits. This leads to a loss of all saved cross-times, which affects routing for a period…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need options for Unit/Apt/Space/Suite/Building numbers on addresses and RPPs

I am seeing more and more large apartment/condominium/business complexes with multiple buildings all sharing one street address, and am more frequently getting URs about incorrect addresses because of it. Note, that the designation need to be alphanumeric.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Events: additional tickbox "event needs push notification"

Requesting push notifications for events through the editors' community still doesn't work very well and is not rewarding.

Now contributors get a notification if their event was published by Waze staff but they get no notification about the event being reviewed at first. If Waze decided to not send a notification, the contributor doesn't get to know the reason, nor the information that the decision has been made!

When I enter major events I -as a local member- often know that they have a high impact on traffic in the near area.

I suggest adding a tickbox to clearly show…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add keyboard shortcut for issue resolution buttons

Please add keyboard shortcuts for the Green and Grey buttons ("Not Identified" and "Solved" or their equivalents) options within URs/PURs/MPs.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Added to backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 45 46