Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

112 results found

1. Current speed yellow when approaching turn too fast

App displays speed colour to yellow on turns.

In Australia we have advice sign posts "yellow triangle" that suggest
    a comfortable speed for a corner (on corners that are closer to hair-pin than straight).

The route navigation current speed would show white (normal), yellow (over suggested speed) or Red (over legal speed limit)

Some possibilities:
    - Waze servers auto assign "suggested speed" value based an approximation of centripetal force that considered angle between two segment "points" and ignores slope.
    - Waze editor allows a road to have an assigned "suggested speed" based on road signage suggestions (which take into consideration…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Environmental Related Hazards

There should be a hazard option to report any weather conditions like any objects on fire that are on the road or on the shoulder. I suggest this as I was just on the QEW and there was a grass fire that had cause heavy traffic and I went to report it and there was no option to. I feel if there were more environmental related hazards that could be available for reporting, it will not only inform other drivers of the situation so that they can navigate out of the way to prevent less of a traffic jam and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A second nickname for use while driving dangerous mountain passes.

All WAZE apps would have an optional second nickname that is the same for all WAZE users. (ex. "SafetyTrakr") When selected this nickname would be visible to local incident response agencies so they could track your path as you travel through dangerous areas such as mountain paths during severe weather. If your icon stops or disappears, that would be cause for concern by the emergency response agency. For those with privacy concerns, it could be turned on only if you get stranded in one of these monitored areas. Your icon would then show up as being a stopped vehicle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Environmental Related Hazards

There should be a hazard option to report any weather conditions like any objects on fire that are on the road or on the shoulder. I suggest this as I was just on the QEW and there was a grass fire that had cause heavy traffic and I went to report it and there was no option to. I feel if there were more environmental related hazards that could be available for reporting, it will not only inform other drivers of the situation so that they can navigate out of the way to prevent less of a traffic jam and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Android Auto

When in Android Auto Mode here are some tips that would make it easier to view on the screen while driving
    -Place the report button on the driver side of screen so that he/she doesn't have to reach across the screen to touch.
    -The information on the top (time, weather info, battery life, etc.) should be slightly bigger. If anything, the time should be bigger.
    -The speed indicator should be bigger or at least the number should be white not red (maybe placed on the driver side of screen?)
    -Have the option to add other apps on the bottom of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Alternative Warnings for Rural/Country areas

I live in upstate NY where there aren't always enough wazers to report issues that might be there. I was thinking it would be really nice if there would be a way to make known problem areas? For example:

-There is a known speed trap on my way to work but not enough wazers pass through the area to mark a cop if he's there. What if there was an option to place "known speedtrap" warnings so that even if no one has tagged the spot, the prevalence of cop presence would justify the warning even if there isn't a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to see a pickup staging option for ride share and taxi drivers.

As a recent UBER driver, I find WAZE an invaluable tool, as it integrates as a navigator right into their system so I do not have to enter the address manually. I have been using waze since it has been introduced here in Minneapolis, and threw away my old nav systems... Here is an improvement I'd like to see. I would like the option to add a stop to the current address(without having to do it manually), 2 addresses back from the stop, on the same side of the street. Call it a staging stop. That way I am on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sound check and select way

1 - It would be nice to have a "test audio signal" when you open the app. Sometimes when I start using the app I´m not sure weather the bluetooth audio connection is working in the car until I hear (or not hear) the next direction.

2 - Suppose you stop on a shoulder or are parked on a two way street. You start Waze and select your destination. Waze will asume you are going in one direction. Many times you are going the other way and you have to wait till Waze recognizes it, recalculates and makes you go…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A couple of suggestions

Hello,

Recently, the application has been frequently unresponsive to touches. This is not a phone error.

It would be helpful if a long press could be used to select a segment on the route that I do not want to take, so that the application can calculate an alternate route. It would also be great if I could create a blacklist of segments that I don't want/can't drive on.

Why can't buildings be displayed on the map for better orientation, or at least their numbers, even if only within, say, 200m of the destination?

It would also be great if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stop reporting minor incidents. Stop sending data to Google Maps that there is an accident

Allowing people to be amateur journalists has become a real danger. You list an accident on Google maps, but on Waze, is just a car on the shoulder. Listing these minor incidents causes people to have more traffic and accidents.

You are promoting people to use their phones to report data to you, that you turn around and sell to other companies. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Why can't you just change it to major incidents. When the police are showing up to an accident, why do i see several police traps right by the accident? Maybe mislabeled…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Contextual road navigation elements

Waze (so far) does not fully account for overall road context in navigation. We've (ie. my partner and I) have found it treating all roads equally when picking a route, whether urban, rural, wide, narrow, usually parrtially blocked by parked cars, etc. So, I suggest adding a set of options to the system and the navigation algorithm which allows weighting by road type. This could be selected or deselected manually by the user, with some default setting sets (ie. "Prefer Highways", "The Scenic Route", etc).

Based on roads we've used, we suggest the following classifications:

Highway
    Fast-moving multi-lane road with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WazePro

A personal vision for Waze+

Given that Waze is in a tension with Google Maps and there is a new CEO with a background in tourism I have compiled a few thoughts.

Let me start out with some tentative abstract differentiators:
    Google Maps is for drivers, Waze+ is for all others (too).
    Google Maps is about how to get there, Waze+ is more about why to get there.
    Google Maps is for the brain, Waze+ is for the soul.

A.
    To begin with I would like to see Waze much more individualized and stylish.
    I’d like to express accurately which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →