Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

448 results found

1. When I plug my phone in and connect to Apple Carplay, waze starts up with no way to shut it off without deleting the App, This is unaccepta

A way to turn off Waze when plugged in to Apple Carplay without deleting the app from my phone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please fix dark mode in Apple Carplay.

It’s been broke since last update. It only works right when I open the app on my phone and radio at the same time, which negates the purpose of carplay being handsfree. I’ve been patiently awaiting an update for weeks, but I’m about to delete your app for burning my retinas every morning when I drive to work in the dark.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. iPhone while locked

Waze users...any idea if Waze can take over the lock screen when you close your iPhone? Iike Apple maps does? With Apple maps, if you "lock" your phone to save battery while in a GPS session, the map takes over your screen when you push any button. So you can see your trip without opening your phone (just push any button). Waze doesn't do that. You have to keep phone unlocked and on to see the route. Am I wrong? Can this be changed? Thanks.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On April First, please add an option to report Muppets on the road, so the app can report, "watch out, Muppets!"

On April First, please add an option to report Muppets on the road, so the app can report, "Watch out, Muppets!"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Route icon moved from the top to the right in Apple CarPlay. Please move back icon back to the top to reduce driving focus.

Waze app was recently updated in July 2023 (~ver 4.96.1) and Route icon moved from the top to the right in Apple CarPlay. Please move back icon back to the top. My Acura uses a round dial to navigate Apple CarPlay and is not a touch screen. Previously it was a simple rotate to the right while drive to find alternate driving routes, but now it takes several clicks causing a major distraction to driving focus.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Music Audio Quality

Dear @waze - I believe you have one of the best navigation app in the AppStore. But, there’s one major problem. When connected to Apple CarPlay, the audio quality is horrible when playing music!! Horrible enough that I’m forced to use Apple maps. Please fix this problem.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a way to put Waze to sleep in Apple CarPlay

If I navigate with Waze in Apple CarPlay, it stays open on my phone and drains my battery unless I remember to go on my phone when I get out of my car and put Waze to sleep. Then the next time I get in my car, Waze starts up even if I don't use navigation and stays on on my phone when I get out of the car, again draining my phone battery. And if while in the car, I put Waze to sleep on my phone or quit the app, it immediately starts up again. This is a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. App per Apple wach

Credo sia il momento di sviluppare l’app per il Wach. L’app dovrebbe poter funzionare in autonomia ma sarebbe anche interessante farla funzionare in contemporanea su iPhone e su Wach. Esempio mentre è in esecuzione su iPhone sul Wach mostra le informazioni semplificate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Apple carplay screen covered

Please change the notification size for problems on the road, or make it easily dismissed. At the moment it takes up half the map blocking most of the directions. Frustrating and unsafe at times

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use Traffic Light as Reference to Turn

Tell users where to make a turn such as "at the light" or "the next light" like Apple Maps. This is better than suggesting to turn in # of miles.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Watch my Drive - Orthographic mistake in Catalan version

When sharing your drive, your friend receives the following message:
    "Estic fent servir Waze per anar a xxx, arrivaré a les17:50. "
    It should say instead:
    "Estic fent servir Waze per anar a xxx, arribaré a les 17:50. "
    So "arrivaré" is correctly spelt as "arribaré", and there is a missing space before the hour.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Luego de actualizar la app, no funciona el modo nocturno en el mapa Apple car play, tengo que abrir la app para que se ajuste

Al actualizar la app, no funciona el modo nocturno en el mapa Apple car play, tengo que abrir la app desde el celular para que se ajuste. Que fallo…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Waze seems to have great difficulty re-routing the driver if he makes a wrong turn. Apple Maps is much better in this respect.

If I miss a turn, Waze is so slow to reroute my trip that I have to quit Waze app, jump over to Apple Maps & Siri, get back on track, then telaunch Waze

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In apple car play, the "go now" feature gets stuck and you have to exit completely out of the map to get rid of it.

In apple car play, the "go now" feature gets stuck and you have to exit completely out of the map to get rid of it. The "go now" button won't work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would love to see Waze on the Samsung Gear S3.

As far as I can tell, the Gear S3 can be purchased with a Data plan via AT&T, so theoretically it would be possible to use Waze on a smart watch with both GPS and Data. I would absolutely pay for a smartwatch version of your app, as would many other people! Having my phone out to use Waze when commuting daily is a bit cumbersome, but using it on a smart watch just to keep an eye out for traffic / police would make me use it every time I step foot in my car. I truly hope…

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    We are currently not planning on adding Samsung Gear support.
    Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

16. When I am using Apple car play there is nothing that tells me what address I am looking for when I get close to my destination.

When I am using Apple car play there is nothing that tells me what address I am looking for when I get close to my destination. And the address is not in my history.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. layout of responses to alerts in apple carplay

My suggestion is to put responses (like roadworks "Thanks"/ "Still there?") side by side as when its in list view the finger is bouncing up and down with the motion of the car and I always need to focus a bit more than I like on the touch screen vs looking at the road. Having it in a left/right view you would eliminate the potential of a wrong input as the motion of the car doesn't affect it (unless you are in heavy cornering, by when it's probably wise to have both hands on the wheel ;-) )
    cheers
    //…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show turn by turn navigation on the main car dashboard using carplay

Google maps and Apple Maps have full integration with CarPlay showing turn by turn navigation on the drivers dashboard. Can Waze replicate that ? All of the them have this working with CarPlay and android auto, except for Waze…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Waze Application Shut Down Conflict

On an iPhone -- there is a scroll up feature on the screen which allows access to several APPLE setting conditions. On the WAZE application, the SHUT-DOWN or TURN-OFF feature is near the proximity of the Apple SWIPE UP (screen) location. The CLOSE swipe should be located away from the Apple Swipe area.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the speed limit and speed bigger

The speed limit and current speed are so small on the screen you can’t really see it when glancing - needs to be a similar size as the one on Google maps abs Apple Maps and make it so it’s easily readable

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base