Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

527 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Camera AI

Use the camera along with AI and any dash mount to recognize lanes. Additionally, with some fine tuning of an AI, recognize when the driver witnesses a wreck, confirm it was a wreck, and then send a recording to police along with contact info for driver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. different color & voice on map to indicate the route is a overhead bridge

sometimes there are overhead bridges that have the similar route as the road on ground. It is very confusing to look at the map. When we made a mistake and accidentally drive into the wrong lane (overhead-bridge/under the bridge) waze is still directing us to go further but the route is becoming more and more confusing because we are on the overhead/bottom, and GPS is showing only either one of it. GPS doesn't tell us we are on top of the bridge. so since we cannot change what the satellite see from the top. is it possible to color the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. closed railroad cros

They are working here on some railroad lanes. That makes the railroad crossings are closed for weeks.
    There is no way to add this in waze.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. TOWNS should be able to submit DO NOT USE THIS ROAD on certain roads

Towns should have a way of reporting problems with rerouting. In the case of many small towns intersecting two major highways, not all roads are appropriate for heavy traffic.

Towns should have a way to “prevent through traffic” on Waze, since Waze users totally blow off “no thru traffic” signs!

For example, small towns still using one lane bridges need to be able to prevent over use and over-weight; afternoon traffic blocking residential roads just because someone is trying to bypass an on-ramp; especially tricks using small town roads not equipped for big trucks and curbs, lawns, and lights all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. HOV depending on people in car

As you plan a trip, if there are HOV lanes, the app should ask how many people are in the car so that you can be directed to HOV lanes if you pass the requirements for those lanes. Thx :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More comprehensive directions

Waze should be able to give more detailed and frequent directions, perhaps as a selectable option (e.g. regular "keep left/right and go straight for the next __ metres" reminders, or more frequent "turn left in __ metres" instructions every 50m rather than 100m/200m).

In one experience, the road I was travelling on split to two separate but parallel lanes, and because Waze didn't mention anything I ended up taking the wrong path. A more frequent reminder to keep left/right would have avoided this.

tl;dr make Waze more talkative.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Completely Custom Routes

I would like the option to draw my own route. I often use Waze, not just to get places I've never been, but to time my arrival to places locally and be alerted to traffic incidents.

Overall I love Waze, but I can't use it much because it wants to "optimize" my route, which often takes me straight through dangerous construction areas (single lane concrete barrier interstate death chutes). We have a ton of construction in my area right now on almost every major road. I don't want to avoid all highways or interstates or even all of one interstate,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Waze directions are given too late

I have recently moved to Melbourne Australia. Every road, every intersection, every turn is new to me. I've been an avid Waze user for many years, but I cannot use it anymore. Every directional instruction is 1-3 seconds too late. I have never encountered this problem, because I only used the alert voice setting since I knew my daily drive and area very well.

A few examples:
    1) When approaching an intersection while in the middle of a 5 lane road, the direction to turn right is only given once the lane turn-offs begin.
    2) When in a residential area…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create user profiles

I wish Waze, like Netflix and so many other must-have apps, let you create user profiles.

That way, to give just one example, you wouldn’t have to change the HOV setting each time you use a Tesla to “electric” (which allows you to use certain HOV lanes).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There must new route selection with HOV lanes 2+ or 3+ passengers.The warning of speed cams,redlight cams,hidden police radar cars in Waze

In USA the Waze must update a new route selection when there is congestion earlier.Especially Google Maps works very well to avoid any congestion before arrival that point.There must a new selection for HOV lanes 2+ or 3+ passengers in same car with entries to HOV lanes.The warning must be often for Speed cams,redlight cams,hidden police cars.The most important update for the colors are conflicting about traffic congestion.The userface of map must be update similar vs Google Map.I am glad to have Waze ,but the aim must be a better than previous.thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

12. discounted or free tolls for qualified Disable Veterans.

Add a button to treat this routes as toll free, when looking for the fastest toll free route in conjunction with avoid toll routes. Here a list of toll free routes for qualified and register Disable veterans with TxDot.

Which toll roads are included in TxDOT's veteran toll waiver program?
    Central Texas Turnpike System (CTTS) - Austin Metro Area which includes:

SH 130: Segments 1 through 4 of State Highway 130 (SH 130), from Interstate Highway 35 (IH 35) to United States Highway 183 (US 183).

SH 45N
    Loop 1: Northward from the non-tolled portion of Loop 1 at Parmer …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Gives the option to cancel a Waze direction change order and recalculate

When we are on a path of two parallel lanes in the same direction, and you being on the track 01 the Waze commands you to go to the track 02, if you stay on track 01 the Waze understands that you went to the track 2 (perhaps by proximity of two lanes).

The problem here is that the Waze calculates the speed of the track 02 taking your car as reference, however it is on the track 01. Thus the track 01 would be the best option, but for this error that indicates that you (and others…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need suport on this as I've tried to get Waze to make this adjustment but they keep saying enough people have to agree

It seems crazy to me that you can so easily post a vehicle stopped on the side of the road...not effecting traffic at all...yet there is no option to report a vehicle broken down in the middle of Freeway lanes, causing a monumental traffic jam! There is an option for roadkill!!! Like a squashed squirrel is really going to impact your journey...but nothing for a vehicle. I had this problem happen to me. There was an almighty backup and I had no idea why. There was a vague report about "an Object" in the road, but you think of…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Maps updates (more frequently)

Hello,

I would like to ask why the maps are not updated more frequently? In metro Atlanta, they have added new toll lanes on I-75. Those routes have not been added and when we are using those lanes using Waze they are very confusing with all the nonsense directions we hear. These new toll lanes were added a year ago, and as of today in 2020, no updates yet!! Thank you for listening to my request

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As a UBER , and LYFT driver , we need a button to push to let the app know we have passengers , and it will direct us to HOV lanes , ramps

A button we can push , to let the app know we have passengers , and it will direct us to the on , and off ramps , and HOV lanes ( High Occupancy Vehicle )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

17. Develop a Waze app for cyclists. To find the safest way, the shortest or less tiring :)

There is no app for cyclists like Waze. As there are more and more cyclists and more and more bike lanes, we need a special intelligent app, to guide through the cities safely.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sharing Tips

Sharing tips about an specific area, that would pop up as you drive. Remarks written by drivers for specify roads or areas, such as "people crossing out of crossing lanes", "wet when slippery", "skate boarders often on the road"....just random tips that the drivers could write according to their opinion. It could be turned off by the driver once he/she has read it and it would never show up again. Tips that locals know and can improve driving safety and it's hard to create specific topics. Just custom made tips.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Color code car icon by distance

When Waze zooms in & out, the car icon stays the same size. Why not color code the car icon, green for when you are far away, yellow when you are close & need to change lanes for a turn/exit, red when you are within a quarter mile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. icon

Additinal icon to advise peeps the number of lanes open or number of lanes closed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base