Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

141 results found

1. E-mail alerts for road closures

I'd like to have e-mail alerts for long-term road closures due to construction, flooding, etc. Those of us in trucking and other nationwide transportation industries could be kept aware without having to scan the entire national map.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Showing visuals for vehicles that hold up traffic would make things so much better

Show a visual of where sanitation trucks, school buses, fire trucks, etc are on the map so you can take alternative routes to get to your destination much quicker.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. police

After making a report of police, I noticed in my Inbox that it was labeled as "police speed trap." I don't think the app should make that assumption. I report police presence ONLY to promote officer safety. Sometimes large trucks block drivers' view and they may not be able to see there is an officer (or other emergency responder) at the side of the road.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Voice notifications of road tolls ahead (and prices)

I am an argentinian Waze user, and it would be great to have voice notifications of road tolls ahead. In Argentina the prices may change between cars, motorbikes, trucks, etc. So the user will have to set up wich kind of vehicle is driving. The prices of the toll will be updated by users (exactly like gas station prices update).So, the main idea here is that your guiding voice will say you something like "Road Toll ahead, the toll price for car is $XXX". And of course, once Waze has all the toll information, when it calculates the route,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cross App Collaboration

Hello

Not so much feedback, as a suggestion.

Have you ever thought about partnering with another app? Heard of Alert2Me?

Alert2Me (if you aren’t aware) collates and displays real time emergency information like flooding, bushfires, smoke or storm warnings. It has location based alerts, as well as user contributed reporting.

The idea of a collaboration struck me tonight after seeing a notification from Alert2Me about a nearby fire. Shortly, followed by having to pull off the road to let a fire truck pass, with no mention of it on Waze. It could be a neat little cross promotion and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better navigation - height width weight

Please add three values to segments, maxHeight, maxWidth, maxWeight. All segments should default to 0.

Please add user settings of maxHeight, maxWidth, maxWeight. They should default to 0. The label should direct the user to enter their height/width in metres and weight in tonnes.

When reviewing a navigation route, check if there is a value of maxHeight, maxWidth, maxWeight exceeding 0. If there is a value, cross-check the users maxHeight, maxWidth, maxWeight is lower.

If the users value is higher than the segment value, disregard that segment as a navigation option.

This would help users of a wide range of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Waze for CMV drivers

I’ve seen the multiple post about Waze making an app or integrating cmv options for the current app and notice that nothing gets more than 11 votes before the idea is shut down. Is there a reason for that? Waze is an extremely easy to use and reliable gps app. As an iOS user, I have downloaded google maps(iOS maps highly unreliable and hard to use), and other apps that I have to use in combination with the Omni tracks to keep on route and keep track with driving but none of these gives accurate enough road information as far…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Road Events

It would be great to know when driver is approaching a funeral procession in either direction. For me, out of respect, I pull over if safe to do so . If I know this in advance, I am better prepared to figure out when/where to pull over. Also, if there is any high-speed active police chases, ambulance and/or fire trucks in either direction that would be helpful to know as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sharing hazzards, accidents, etc with the emergency services.

In addition to informing other Waze'ers of hazzards, accidents, we encounter when we log the hazzardetc through the app. It would also be very beneficial to know that what we are reporting, the relivant information gets shared with the Emergency Services. So action can be taken as soon as possible.

Earlier today, I encountered a situation where a truck ahead of me, dropped a tie-down strap, tht had the potential to cause an accident, given it was a hooked kind of tie-down strap.

At the earliest opertunity, I pulled over and called the emergency services to infor of the hazzard.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. double parked

Commuting within the city has its obstacles too. Double parked cars or delivery trucks can cause major backups. Sometimes on a one way street with three lanes, within the same block you'll have 3 staggered double parked vehicles creating a huge bottle neck. Please allow the reporting of double parked cars and trucks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. road side service

road side service

Bravo Towing Serivce wants to team up with WAZE to provide road side service for WAZE we have over 35 TOW trucks locate in Atlanta Ga, please contact the office manager thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This is a dangerous rubbish!

At the first try warning 3 times for nothing - for example a parking truck on a sideroad was an "issue" - and estimated heavy traffic on the way. Luckily I follow google app and there was practically nothing on the road! Idiot crap application so far! Advise for developing? Give up and close this app, here no more misleadings and unnecessary warning stress - and go to learn how a proper navigation app must have to operate. You are ever feel any kind of resposibility about your faulty programming??? Im not a google fan, but the matter of fact,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Helping Small Town roads

To Whom it may concern, I am contacting you today with an idea that could help our small town here of Nitro, WV (25143). We have a truck stop named Pilot Flying J (4204 1st Ave S, Nitro, WV 25143) located here where many truckers come to refuel their trucks and grab a bite to eat. There is a road that connects the Pilot to the I-64 Interstate exit of Institute, which is Route 25. Unfortunately, several truckers (travelling westbound on 64 to the Pilot) are routed this way using a Gps Device, which runs right through…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Some report suggestions, vehicle options, route options for the Waze Team

Just some ideas please address:

• the thanks and not there options for apple car play to not automatically disappear until 2 miles approx. distance passed(or provide an option for the user to change that delay) beyond the reported icon there is some delay in when they appear

• A new icon for the flooding hazard, as well as blueing a path to show on gps and gps to warn or detour upon suddenly appearing at some point in calculating route before after during etc

• Allowing users start/ end of long traffic icon , include system detection for drivers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Events like a sports games, parties, conferences, concerts, etc. Available in Waze App, you have many options in real time.

With your Waze app, you con see a lot of events in real time (concerts, movies, sports events, conferences, food trucks events, etc.

You have Waze for traffc, location of many restaurants and now, available events in real time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. FeedForward

Hi Waze, I am Ritthik a 10 years old primary school student from Malaysia. I have noted waze users give "feedback" updates (example: an accident, so on), but, why we do not consider "FeedForward" method?

Let me explain "feedforward", i have seen in numerous occasions that we need to give our way to priority vehicles, example, Ambulance, Fire truck, Police, and many more. But, no users give this to the vehicles in front and we may not realizing that there is a priority vehicle approaching us - this could save lives, prompt action and simply we could do a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Report police driving in the same direction 🚨

Today it's possible to report police driving in the opposite direction, but it would be good to also be able to report if they're driving in the same direction as yourself to be able to warn drivers ahead of you. Or maybe it should be all rescue vehicles, so people can give a clear lane for police, ambulances and fire trucks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Premium levels - paid advertising opt out, enterprise vehicle route/tracking

Totally get why Waze needs ads for the free version.

Let me subscribe to opt out of ads and you've got my money monthly.

And if I were running a fleet of trucks, cabs or limos, I'd be totally willing to pay for integrated route planning & vehicle tracking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base