Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

861 results found

1. Possibility to report that my vehicle is actually in the opposite lane

Possibility to report that my vehicle is actually in the opposite lane. Many times, at the beginning of the navigation, the vehicle is identified as standing in the opposite lane, rather than in the correct lane. Only later, after a short drive, is the navigation updated. Quite annoying that it is impossible to update even before driving, that I am actually in the opposite lane. If there was such a possibility, there was no need to wait later, after the start of the trip, and while slowing down the traffic around me, until the correct route was updated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to self identify as a slow moving moving vehicle or runner.

This feature would allow one to self identify as a slow moving object updating one's position as necessary (every .2 miles?), alerting approaching vehicles. This would allow a runner or a horse rider or road working crew to alert drivers to be alert as the approach. Perhaps with "hazard" lights on the main screen so the user knows they activated this feature. The feature would self disable above 25 mph. And perhaps reactivate below 25 mph unless disabled.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Waze needs to work with Ford and get the Waze app on the Ford Sync 3 in-vehicle system.

Work with Ford to have the Waze app available on the Sync 3 system that is in many Ford vehicles

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Select which lane a hazard or stopped vehicle is in on the motorway/freeway

Users should be able to select which lane a hazard or stopped vehicle is in on the motorway/freeway.

When driving on a multi-lane road, there's often reports of a hazard that cannot be seen. It would be more useful for "Which lane is the hazard in?" then select 1/2/3/4/5 so that drivers know specifically if it is likely to affect them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add bicycle to vehicle types

I just started using Waze for cycling. It appears that Waze then interprates my slower velocity as traffic "congestionn." That, I would assume, distorts reporting and, potentially, inconveniences the driving community. I'll switch to Google, for now, and see how that works.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Waze needs a CarPlay app for iOS11 !

Apple Maps continues to be mediocre, though it has improved. More and more cars come with CarPlay, thus Waze needs an app for our vehicle dash screens.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The display of the vehicle speed and local speed limit cannot be turned off. settings toggle do not work.

This may be a bug but the displayed speed limit and vehicle speed cannot be toggled turned off. It can be toggled off/on in the settings but the display continues to show on the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If a person drives with irresponsible in the lane it should give hint and locate that vehicle so others can be alert to avoid accidents

If a person drives with irresponsible in the lane it should give hint and locate that vehicle so others can be alert to avoid accidents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The pop ups in the newest update are too large and block the directional turns

Newest update pop ups are too large and block turn directions in car play - very dangerous to clear them while driving in order to see next turn

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. F1 (Formula 1) Collaboration

Would love to see a collaboration with F1 (Formula 1). Since Google already sponsors the McLaren F1 team, it seems like an obvious match. McLaren livery on a F1 vehicle icon and Lando Norris providing voice navigation.

Ideally, all F1 teams would be represented. All teams liveries for vehicle icons and other drivers (or commentator David Croft) for voice navigation would be great!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. report menu icon is too large

The icon for report menu is taking up too much real estate on the 2D map, it is huge. (And this is very objective because I have a smaller than average screen and not the best eyesight.) This icon as well as the arrow icon could be smaller so as not to cover too much of the map screen. I like north up mode so icon could cover street or intersection or street name.
    [Android 10/Xperia XZ-2 Compact]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. NO EMERGENCY VEHICLE ACCESS!!!

Take Point Richmond, California OFF the map re-route!! Our streets are many decades old and very narrow. Residents blocked in and emergency services blocked out. I am very concerned as the frustrated, MISGUIDED cars become idling, polluting, revving logjams outside our homes!! Our police are patrolling and ticketing illegal and dangerous drivers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Arrow icon option for motorcycles

Arrow icon for motorcycle vehicle

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Multiple vehicles

A quick way to toggle settings between two or more vehicles. When I drive my truck I use the expressways, I use alerts only, and diesel is preferred. When I ride my motorcycle I don't use expressways, I turn on navigation since my phone stays in my pocket, and premium gas is preferred. A way to save particular settings when toggling between private and motorcycle would be appreciated.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Please note we're changing the status of this suggestion to Not right now, since we finalized our plans for 2023 and this idea won't be implemented this year.
    We hope to have it included in our plans for later years and will keep you posted.
    Thanks!

17. ADD a Push Reminder to OPEN WAZE APP when vehicle motion is detected (i mean to use consistently but often forget to turn on)

ADD a Push Reminder to OPEN WAZE APP when vehicle motion is detected (i mean to use consistently but often forget to turn on). A prompt to do so (opt-in via push notice) would be appreciated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Workers Present and Emergency Vehicles

Maybe add a report for highway maintenance workers present. And perhaps generalize police to emergency vehicle present to include fire and ambulance. Police watch the highway for more than just speeders. It’s not always a good idea for everybody (such as drunk drivers) to know about specific police presence

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Large Scale Event navigation

How wonderful it would have been to be able to use WAZE to determine which security station had the fastest lines at the Pope's visit in Philadelphia. Some waited 3 hours while other lines were 5 minutes. Walk mode could perhaps help with this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hazard ON the Road option

Under Report/Hazard on Road/On Road - one of the options should be, Vehicle ON ROAD. There are many times I find a vehicle broken down on the road which is much more dangerous than a vehicle on the shoulder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base