Skip to content

Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

933 results found

1. New WME Layer - Submitted Imagery

Google-provided aerial imagery is very outdated in places, being at least 6 years old in the area I live. Even in more recent areas, there are new developments and intersections which have been built since. I suggest a way for experienced (lvl 3+?) editors to submit personal drone shots or publicly-available renderings of new developments to be added to a new layer on the map editor. This would make editing updated areas significantly more accurate, and provide a way to confirm the new developments before GPS traces are available. It would also make such imagery accessible to all map editors.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to avoid/allow tolls for current trip only (instead of having to dig in settings)

I'll describe the use-case with an example:
    User selects a route without Tolls
    Route gets recalculated (wrong turn/closure/traffic/preference)
    New route includes Tolls
    There are 2 workarounds currently. Either check the route repeatedly and make sure the route is indeed avoiding tolls, or go into settings and enable the avoid tolls toggle (and remember to disable after the trip).

My suggestion is to avoid tolls for the current trip only (or allow if the toggle is on the other position).

Happy to hear your feedback and discuss.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable closure layer button on MTE tab

Major Traffic Events don't show in the MTE tab when the closure layer is switched off. Similar to the closure tab on segments, please add a button to enable the closure layer on the MTE tab.

See https://i.postimg.cc/664J4jWt/afbeelding.png

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. New categories - apartment complex/building

Add a new category for "apartment complex" that'd include multi-building condos and coops. The "apartment building" category would be for single-building condo or co-op companies.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Show on map" in UR should zoom in to UR itself, not to its route

It happens rather often: when I open a UR and click "Show on map", WME zooms in, but the UR isn't visible. I need to zoom out 1-2 levels in order to see the UR and then zoom in to it manually.

I guess, the algorithm of WME calculates the "Show on map" point basing on the user's route. But the user saw the problem in the point of the report, so WME should zoom in to it.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Time-based restrictions with annual repetition.

We should be able to place traffic restrictions on a segment, for example in the summer (June 1st to September 30th).

As the 1 has already passed, we can only place it from today (June 22) and we can only correct it to be correct for the next year after September.

In this case, it should be possible to insert the total (correct) date of the restriction.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Use Paths or Restricted Areas to create drive through restriction

Amount of residential areas where drive through is forbidden is increasing everywhere. I was wondering could either Paths or Restricted areas have an extra setting "Not allowed to drive through" and by setting it router would prohibit such routes. Paths would work on smaller areas but in bigger ones would have to be set with Restricted area.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A better separation between different road types in the layers panel

When working on complex junctions, tunnels, train tracks, and pedestrians, and when all of them are in the same area, the map becomes a real mess and is hard to work with. I suggest adding additional layers to toggle off the visibility of road types and a layer to hide tunnels (or change their transparency at least and make them unselectable and disable snapping).

Take a look at this picture, and you'll immediately understand the issue.
    https://i.ibb.co/NFs8jQx/image.png

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add the vehicle type automatically to the wme update request

this help alot when I want to solve an update request and know what the vehicle type that chosen in the app who makes this report, because some roads only permit specific vehicles

also you can add other info to the UR automatically, like some app sittings (avoid unpaved road, avoid freeways, avoid difficult intersections)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Last Edit

Track last edit for self as editor in WME and have a link to go there.

Sometimes WME gets stuck. Requires hard refresh. But if last edit was important and was not complete, where was it. I was too busy to capture a link.

Would have to be a 2-phase commit. Capture the location for the editor. then attempt the edit save. Otherwise, If it crashes, the last edit would not get recorded.

Please have a link to go back to last edit on WME load.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move RRC and Camera layers to hang under Permanent Hazards

With the introduction of Permanent Hazards Railroad crossings and Cameras have been moved into the Permanent Hazard menu. It would now make (a lot of) sense to also apply this to the chart layers, to prevent people from wondering why railroad crossings or cameras are greyed out in the menu while they do have the permanent hazard layers checked on. It should be similar to how the Places layer has been restructured.

Unless it will be merged into the hazards layer of course, then this is redundant.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ajouter un outil de signalement d'animaux perdus

Bonjour, je me permets de vous contacter pour vous soumettre une idée qui pourrait rendre votre application encore plus attractive et qui pourrait rendre service à un grand nombre de personnes...

Étant actuellement à la recherche du petit chien de ma sœur qui à fugué, j'utilise Waze pour vérifier les signalements d'animaux morts sur les routes (en espérant ne pas le retrouver de cette manière).

L'idée est qu'il serait vraiment très pratique de développer une option permettant de signaler des animaux errants... Encore plus pratique, un service permettant de signaler aux conducteurs qu'un animal est recherché dans une zone précise…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Wildlife Collision Hazard Areas

Wildlife, especially deer, are a significant hazard to drivers in many parts of the world. Collisions with deer account for one to two million insurance claims each year in the US alone. While wildlife on the roadway is harder to anticipate than other hazards, authorities do know of specific areas, times of year, and times of day that drivers are at increased risk of collision. Please let us mark these hazard areas (with the times of year and times of day they should be "active" to avoid hazard-alert fatigue) to communicate this risk to drivers. Both drivers and wildlife will…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Let me create custom routes on the map editor, that can be pushed to my device(s).

I know all the best routes from work to home and vice versa. Let me create those routes in the map editor then "push" or I can "fetch" them to my device(s). Then when I get in my car and open waze and asks if I'm going home or to work the first routes it pulls from are my custom ones, and creates a heat map list or something that I can choose from.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increase the four types of fuel limit to map editors

Map editors have only four types of fuel to select and due to this incompatible diesel types or GNV can not be searched in waze.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Blocking the APPROVAL or EDITS of a place if the corresponding label is off.

Now that the CREATION of a place if the corresponding label is off is implemented, the same principle should also be applied to APPROVAL or EDITS of those places.

Otherwise we can be adding duplicates to the map

See example:
    https://i.imgur.com/dHcAOpE.jpg

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve handling of Routing Option for L1-L3 editors

Editing segments with Routing Preference (or Routing Option) is only possible for L4+ editors.

However, WME Beta and WME Prod allow L1-L3 editors to change segments with Routing set to Unfavored/Preferred (i.e. not Neutral), and only gives a very generic error message when saving. Which is rather unproductive.

My suggestions:
    - Can we improve the wording in the error pop-up?
    - Can we add a warning similar to the one appearing when users select segments that are part of a Junction Box?

Routing Preference: https://i.imgur.com/bH6gxI2.png
    Current Error: https://i.imgur.com/o96353Mm.png
    JB Warning: https://i.imgur.com/xuRHHoE.png

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Advertisment Error Handling

Please change Paid Advertisement Handling to have them appear on the Map Editor after they have appeared and allow Editors to submit update requests that Advertisers need to acknowledge. The existing Google forms that are posted in the forum are worthless. I have submitted multiple forms for Kroger Ad issues around greater Columbus, Ohio that do not appear to have any affect. (Also, I have never received feedback on a report filed.) A month later another Ad shows up with the store still located 3 blocks away from its actual location. If the Ad Place appeared in the Editor and…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WME - Allow to put and specify an estimated duration for mobile speed camera

In some countries, there are, in addition to mobile and fix speed cameras, some "almost-fix" speed camera : these speed cameras are placed on the roadside for a period of several days (one or two weeks) before being moved elsewhere for the same duration.
    It would be good in WME to provide these types of radars with an estimated duration (and for example to cancel them if there ane any confirmation during a period of 24 hours).
    With the present system, police alert are to short and fix camera reported in WME is not the right solution.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Map Editor - Change level restrictions/level tiers

Hi,

Currently many roads cannot be modified by level 1 editors(my case), in some cases you need even level 4 for highways. So when voluntier senior editors cannot be as active as they were in the past the maps are getting less precise time by time, and issues are not fixed/replied as soon as we would like.
    The solution then is to grow our level but... for a level 4 I need 250,000 editions! This number is even more difficult to reach when an area is well completed and the only changes requested are to keep it updated.

In this…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)