Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

112 results found

1. How to increase pedestrians and cyclists safety

How to increase pedestrians and cyclists safety
    By defining new Waze modes of operation, the central computer could get the location of any pedestrian or cyclist connected to the Waze application.
    The following safety features could be specially helpful when the weather is misty or rainy:
    The central computer could derive that a pedestrian is crossing a wide road and could inform the near by vehicle drivers. As a result the driver will slow down.
    When driving on a narrow road, any car driver could be warned that he is approaching of a walking pedestrian or of a bicycle rider…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Remote reporting

How often do we witness or receive information on events that change or influence navigating: flooding, closed roads, landslides, bad weather, works etc ... Waze has always allowed reporting only passing on the road affected by the event. Often help may come from those who learn the variation from a distance. A limit that should be changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Convert 2nd level hazard selections to buttons

The report screen UI utilizes easy to use buttons at the first and second levels. For those that require more detail, like weather and other road hazards, the options are presented as stacked lines of text. These should be converted to buttons as well so they are easier to select and are consistent with the rest of the UI.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sun glare

How about adding "sun glare" as a Weather Hazard option or as a general option; it can be blinding. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, sun glare causes approximately 9,000 crashes each year. It's the second environmental-related reason drivers get into crashes, with the first being slick roads. Also, move "vehicle on side ahead" to the first screen since for me it's the option I most use. Otherwise, it's two screen prompts to access it!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. steep road

The city where I live is basically made up of many hills and steep roads, so I would like to suggest two features that would help a lot to avoid accidents on bad weather days. One would be to "avoid steep roads", to generate less risky routes for drivers. The other would be to "avoid specific roads" as some roads are impassable for large vehicles. Yet, for many other reasons, someone may prefer to avoid a particular street on the suggested routes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Meteorological infomation on rute

in different countries they are scattered throughout the territory, weather stations that transmit their digitized information.
    It exists in all countries this information freely available. These reports are called metar and this information can be used in waze.
    for microsoft flight simulator fsx10 there are applications made by the same people who use this information in real time and incorporated into regional maps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Safe directions based on weather and no left turns. It would be really great if Waze determine directions based on hazardous conditions

I would like an option where I can get directions that avoid left turns. In Addition it would be great to get directions based on hazardous conditions. For example, today it’s snowy and icy. It would have been great if Waze would have given me directions based on the lowest incline hills and where conditions would be safest for driving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to be able to see hazards and traffic reports in the All Turns page.

My route is 60 mile long so the bar at there beginning of my route request shows a zillion hazards and traffic reports al bunched together. I'ld like to be able to easily select those reports before I begin my route to see the severity and weather I should alter my route. I also want to see these reports on the All Turns page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Waze to issue Alerts when using CarPlay split screen

According to Waze support, when using Carplay split-screen (where Waze splits screen with other app like music), Waze won't issue traffic Alerts by design!! That's true, I have confirmed it. As soon as Waze returns to "full screen", it resumes issuing traffic alerts (danger, weather, radar, etc).
    Split-screen is a quite usefull feature of Car-Play as it simplifies greatly audio/music control on the road, without the issue of messing with several buttons.
    Although in split-screen mode the screen area that Waze has to show information is reduced, there is no reason why Waze could not keep issuing the alerts…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Be able to add friends, send messages and report (accidents, police, etc.) from the computer version

My husband is a truck driver. The weather is bad and we are both on Waze. I can't follow him unless I'm on my lap top. I can see other Waze users around him. Somebody sent a message to him asking how the roads were if they were clear, etc. He obviously cannot type or send a message. It would be GREAT if I could click to add the user that asked him a question or just send a message to her answering her question. AND he just witness a wreck. Road conditions are bad so I want to click…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create area of interest around vehicle

Allow user to specify an area of interest around their car. This area of interest would have a circular shape and diameter would be in miles. The size of the diameter would be specified by the user. The user would then select alert types that they would like to receive within this area. For example, the user would like to be alerted if a police car enters this area. The police car could be behind them, and approaching them, beside them, on the other side of the road etc.... They could also request weather alerts that could indicate if a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. prevent as well as report

Actually we can report several traffic problems on the roads traveled but the real goal for every Wazer is to avoid them.
    Then allow us to add report from App always, tapping map on devices. Not only when we drive on that street but wherever we become aware of a problem to report. I wanna be promptly informed when I drive, I don't care from whom or what source. If a road is closed or there is bad weather or an accident and a home wazer is informed, I hope you can report it to me anyway, everywhere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ideas

Hallo.I find Waze the best app on the market but I don't understand why it's still not possible to have information about the weather that I will meet during the route, it's not possible to have explanations about the route changes (there is an accidfent along the road and we suggest to change the road...), it's not possible to ask for example "Waze find me along the road McDonald's". Its a sinn

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Unpaved as property for a Parking Lot

It would be good to be able to inform users that a parking lot is unpaved by adding a check box in the Facility section on the More Info tab in WME.
    Especially during adverse weather it could help users decide to not go to a certain parking lot if its unpaved.
    If lack of room is an issue, the Carwash option could be used instead, as that can be made a separate point place

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Isle of Man TT Course Closures

Predefine the TT course from currently registered Roads so that the whole TT course in the Isle of Man can be quickly and easily set to roads open or closed to public when the Isle of Man TT Races, Manx Grand Prix and event the Southern 100 (another motorsport run on public highway that are closed to the public for he duration).

You could start with the proposed dates and Times of the closured for the TT by looking at this: https://www.iomttraces.com/page/road-closures-contingencies-2023/ then allow users to report open and or closed (which will be subject to weather for racing and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Vehicle and road type selection

I own car and motorcycle. I can only select one vehicle. While in car I don't want to go through unpaved roads. But while on my bike I'd love to be sent to my destination over unpaved roads. If there was a way to select 2 vehicles and customize the route for each. That would be a cherry on the cake. Then when starting a GPS guidance you could choose weather to use a car or bike route.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create static area of interest

Allow user to create an area of Interest on the map. This area would be circular and have a diameter set in miles. The user would then select alert types that they would like to receive within that area. For example, weather , police , accidents etc... The area could be named and saved within the user's account. The named area is static and therefore does not move as compared to the named area of interest that would surround a moving car.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Record report's GPS position where "Report" button was pressed

Based on my experience with Waze and Apple CarPlay it's relatively easy to press the "Report" button when passing a hazard on the road but then it takes some time to select the hazard's placement (road, roadside, or weather) and type. Thus a report mark is placed a bit far away from the actual hazard's position.

I'd like to suggest a change to record a report's place not when the report is submitted but when the "Report" button is pressed.

It should slightly improve reports' position accuracy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Suggest safest itineraries in case of floods

It would be useful for Waze to default to safest routes (ie, least prone to flooding based on historical data which I am sure exists) in case of such weather events (even just suggest it in case it has been raining heavily in the last few days in a given area). The report flood button is not enough - how do I know the alternative itinerary I choose will be better or if no one has yet reported a flood?
    It is becoming increasingly necessary given the climate events the world faces.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PLEASE get RID of the ETA updates!

The ETA Updates are an INCESSANT ANNOYANCE and I'm SICK of them! The moment you try to access the map, the ETA update pops up and gets in the damn way. It also constantly gives the same sound as if you made a wrong turn, and not only is that a distraction, but it's friggin' stupid. In the end, this feature is absolutely USELESS because traffic patterns cannot be preordained, just like the weather. IN THE END, YOU GET THERE WHEN YOU GET THERE, AND THAT'S IT. We ALL know that., so PLEASE stop trying to con us with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base