Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

38 results found

1. Commuter Check prepaid cards are not treating Waze as ride share program.

Got a Commuter check(Edenred - mastercard) pre-paid card through company benefits. When enquired for Waze payment though that "they declined saying Waze is not in their merchant list to include as ride sharing program".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add iPhone music player for songs stored locally in my iPhone, not just for songs in Apple Music premium subscription

Currently, Waze for iOS/iPhone includes controls for Apple Music. But it only works if the user has a subscription to Apple Music. I have a lot of music that I own stored locally on my iPhone. But Waze cannot control the music player, unless it is controlling the paid/subscription Apple Music.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Data is NOT clear

On Android auto app (new release) the data of distance and time to destination and time of arrival is NOT clear, and i think that the amount paid should be deleted (or put a special button for it)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Reference to a nearby street where the chances of finding free parking are greater

I set a destination on Waze and when I arrived I discovered that it was a main street with no on-street parking while at a distance of 200-300 meters there were plenty of free or token paid parking on the street.
    In such a situation I would be happy to receive an offer from Waze when it detects that the destination is on a busy main road and offer a nearby streets with higher chances of finding parking.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. since routes are not as short as possible, but influenced by nearby businesses who pay for it:

it's time for a real neutral paid-for version of waze. I was very annoyed to figure out I'm lead to drive by businesses with ads instead of getting the shortest route. you should have been open and honest about it waze people...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Switzerland

Hi, it would be helpul to implement a Switzerland specific option, because, there, motorways are paid by a yearly "vignette". And people driving only a few km per year on these motorways, for instance to go to Geneva airport from France, may be interested by an option "Avoid Switzerland motorways (vignette)". Indeed the already existing options "avoid motorways" and "avoid paying roads" are too drastic for a journey in other countries, too. In addition, this Switzerland option should be rather "simple" to implement (?) as you "only" need to flag the concerned motorways once and there is nearly nothing to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Get rid of the Junk!!

Lyft driver here. Real simple!! Get rid of shit that blocks the screen! Photos? Do you think I'm a tourist? Send someone ETA? WTF this phone and this app are for my convenience not theirs!!! The pop up that asks "Oh is this where you are going?" NO SHIT!!! Why don't you then ask, with a pop up that blocks the screen, Are you sure? OR, BETTER YET!

How about every time I want some basic information like "I need to turn left in 20 feet " why don't you have the drivers answer a trivia question OR play a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Police Helicopter icon

I was recently driving using waze and saw a police hazar ahead, the standard police icon, got to the location of the police icon and saw no police so started paid no attention what i noticed when i got the 300e speeding fine was that there was a police helicopter around the corner that was so high i didnt see....a police helicopter icon would fix this so it dosnt happen to other users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Waze and EZPass rewards!

I get frequent emails from EZPass that have my statements for the amount of money that has been charged to my card for passing through tolls.

I drive through two tolls each day, and these rack up quite quickly, and can be a little bit of a burden on the wallet.

What I thought would be a great idea is if Waze and EZPass connected somehow and offered some sort of reward where if you go through a certain number of tolls while using the Waze app, you get a free toll paid for by them.

Even just one of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the app more configurable/customizable.

Make the app more configurable/customizable. For example, reducing the waiting time for the New Route and Go Now buttons, as well as removing these confirmations to direct you to an address. For app drivers it would be of great value and saves shoulder/arm wear and tear for those who spend more than 10 hours a day using the app.
    A paid version would even be valid in Brazil to avoid unnecessary button presses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Passenger mode

So here's the deal: Waze is great bc it helps users find the best route and helps businesses let users know they are nearby. The problem is, drivers are (I hope) more focused on the road than the road, so a significant percentage of the paid ads go unnoticed. But there is a solution: make using waze fun for a passenger. Here's how to do that: enable a passenger mode (yes, I know, we can already select "passenger" but we all know that's legal bs) whereby they are engaged in the app playing a game with various advertisers, perhaps a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Play an audible ad instead of a visual ad.

The ads are constantly popping up while in motion. When I'm trying to see a turn or exit from the interstate, it's a serious hazard. I've had instances where I have narrowly missed getting into an accident due to traffic being stopped over a hill on the interstate because I was trying to exit a popup to see the exit. I understand that with a free app there has to be a way to market additional functionality and other paid for user submitted information sectors but if it puts the user at risk, that is a serious liability to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Track my car's vitals; build database for community benefits

This is a big idea, no small undertaking I know. I'd like to combine my GPS app with the functionality of an app like Gas Cubby, which tracks my MPG at every fill-up and alerts me when my car is due for maintenance.

Here's how I envision it:
    -I tell Waze what car I drive: ex: 2003 Saturn Vue, 6 cyl, automatic
    -Every time I stop to fill up, I tell Was
    a) What my current odometer reads (waze should know how many miles I've driven in theory, but this is a checksum validation in case I forgot to open…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A smartphone app that looks for free Parking spots

The app is a paid app. The user pays 120 tokens per year. For this, he receives information about the locations of free Parking.
    The use of the information about free Parking you have to pay 1 token. The token is debited from the account automatically when the user is declared by the application location. When the user leaves the location, then the location is considered to be free. The information that the user has left the place, can be read with the help of geolocation.
    Every time the user finds somewhere free Parking, ihe can inform the app. If…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. WAZE navigation system could be adapted to the nation's railroad netword where it could become a new-technology Positive Train Control.

Railroad Safety: a Ten Billion Dollar Boondoggle
    Carl E. Nash, Ph.D.
    Derailments and collisions between trains are spectacular. Their economic and environmental consequences are considerable and they kill and injure people. In response, over the past forty years, pressed by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) and Congress the railroads have been implementing Positive Train Control (PTC) systems to reduce the potential for these crashes.
    Actually, U.S. railroads are quite safe for passengers. An average of only 5 people die in train crashes each year: slightly more than are killed in motor vehicle crashes in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. crucial alerts should be more informative and different from normal ones

Please inform user about Vignette condition and effect on the routes (in Switzerland)!

I am an avid fan and frequent user of waze. literally anywhere and anytime I am planning a route I use waze, and I always suggest and inform people about its benefits. But Yesterday we had a very bad experience using it.
    Our trip was from Vaduz to Grindelwald (Switzerland)
    Waze always alarms about C- Zones, Toll roads at the beginning of choosing the route, ... and it did the same about vignette but the confusing thing is that it did not say that we have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add warnings for PCN camera traps (mainly London)

Like speed cameras, add PCN cameras (Moving Traffic Cameras) to Waze warnings please!!

Over lockdown there've been several strange changes made to how traffic is allowed to use certain roads in London.
    Camera traps have sprung up all over the place to catch people out. These cameras give fines for using roads in ways which used to be totally acceptable before lockdown. Issuing £65+ fines for using a roads in what is suddenly the wrong direction, end to enter certain roads from, time of day, parking and so on.

None of these changes in these roads use have anything to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More features with a small payment

A lot of us rely on waze to move the most efficiently possible from one point to another. But Id love to be able to set specific things that currently aren't included in the waze app. If I needed to pay an annual symbolical fee to get personalized features, id be happy to pay it. Things like:
    - avoid certain streets, avenues, or routes.
    - tell waze exactly where im now!! it's really frustrating waze believes you are in certain road when you are in a parallel one (to a side, elevated or underground).
    - guerrilla routes! Id love to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?