Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

523 results found

1. Save the route for the way back from a location and also to use it other time

Possibility to save the route for the way back home from a location or to use it again other time. Many times waze guides you back on a longer/country lanes route.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improve Navigation Safety

Turn instructions for intersections are given with only distance and not including street names. The final turn instruction is given about 50 feet from the intersection, resulting in missed turns and abrupt maneuvers by drivers.
    Two suggestions;:
    1) Give turn instructions with distance and the street name. Example turn left in 1/4 of a mile on State street.
    2) Give the final turn instruction sooner so that the driver can have time to signal, change lanes or slow down to prepare for the turn.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. advanced alerts

Several states have DMV digital alert signs - it would be great to be able to add those warnings to Waze. Example the DMV sign alerts 'accident on 85 South 5 miles ahead all lanes closed' - If a Wazer could input that info by means other than map chats people usually don't read, or at the wrong mile marker it'd be extremely valuable for people traveling in large cities.
    I'd pay money to know that in advance!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make sure that a NZ person does the waze updates so we can don't need the accent which is hard to understand also

Also make sure they tell you to turn right before you right there so you can change lanes if needed to, & don't say turn left now then find out OOPS one way st & I can.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Object on road warning often delayed resulting in warning too late to be effective

The timing of object on road needs to be changed for better pinpointing location. More often than not, you are reporting while you are right on top of the situation. Traffic maybe darting around it, and do not have the benefit of seeing it early like vehicles on the side of the road because it's obscured by other vehicles in travel lanes. This causes the reported location to be late and less accurate to its actual location. This results limited effectiveness of a very important tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Speed indicator

When the phone is in landscape mode, the speed indicator can be sometimes hidden by the lanes indicator when it pops up.
    Is it possible to put the speed indicator on the foreground or move it when it is hidden under another object?
    Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. some tips to you

befor tips one - give normal option in you app to send you feedback

1. your map has a lot ditales that disturb. maybe you can change them to collor that take less attention form the driver.
    2. when the screen is on width the way that on screen is anyway smaller then the screen is on length, and a lot of the rode is cover by your design, the line in up the screen that shows when the next turn it all over the width of screen from side to side, it can be more smaller just on one side.
    3. whay…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a thumbs down option for routes

Please add a thumbs down option to routes. For example I hate crossing 6 lanes of traffic during busy commute times. I'd like to thumbs down that route so Waze doesn't bring me that way again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Navigate toll roads even when pass not entered in settings.

I live near the Georgia, USA, I-75 Northwest Corridor Express Lanes. When a user enters the Express Lanes without a corresponding pass in settings, Waze acts like the road doesn't exist and keeps offering turns as if they were on the main highway, going the opposite direction, on nearby surface streets, etc. After entry there are very few ways to exit the Express Lanes, and it's unhelpful to have suggestions to turn around or to exit from the main highway when you're in the Express Lanes. Perhaps Waze could recognize that the user is on the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Clean Special Fuel Vehicle HOV Access

In Virginia they offer Clean Special Fuel Vehicle license plates for vehicles to access to only certain HOV lanes. For example, I cannot use I-95 EZ Pass for free unless I have 3+ people, but I can use the Dulles Toll Road and a few others that meet the criteria for the IRS for Clean Special Fuel Vehicles.

We need an option to put in the type of playe/access that will route away from tolls, but allow us to use the HOV lanes where it is free. I'm sure this is similar in other states and places.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Contextual road navigation elements

Waze (so far) does not fully account for overall road context in navigation. We've (ie. my partner and I) have found it treating all roads equally when picking a route, whether urban, rural, wide, narrow, usually parrtially blocked by parked cars, etc. So, I suggest adding a set of options to the system and the navigation algorithm which allows weighting by road type. This could be selected or deselected manually by the user, with some default setting sets (ie. "Prefer Highways", "The Scenic Route", etc).

Based on roads we've used, we suggest the following classifications:

Highway
    Fast-moving multi-lane road…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Choose if we want to go back streets an miss all traffic

Go routes based on my history like if i go a lot of back streets have thsi as options show all routes possible to this place im going an let me choose an ways I’d possibly like to go would make a lot better an save ways I like to drive so can just go this way instead of have maps say wrong way or missed turn or u turn or anything like that an also tell us what lanes to be in an how many streets till turn

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. EZ Pass- Make it a Standard 1st or 2nd Option

Today, during heavy rainfall the EZ Pass lanes were empty and considerably safer. That route was not one of the 3 offered to me. Even if it's out of the way, I'd like to have the option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow users to avoid intersections without lights

Giving someone 8 lanes of traffic to try and turn left across during rush hour counteracts any time you’d save by that route being faster. If there is no traffic light map data, allow users to start marking intersections as having traffic lights themselves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Differentiate which exit you’re taking when approaching a cluster of exits

When approaching a cluster of exits, it takes too long to tell me which specific exit I’m supposed to take. Sometimes, it’s difficult to switch lanes with such short notice, so the exit should be specified instead of or along with the cluster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Incorrect Route

Please stop directing people off Highway 80 Eastbound onto Chiles (frontage) Road and other surface roads at Davis CA. Highway 80 necks down from 5 lanes at UC Davis to 3 lanes across the Yolo Causeway. People are not getting onto the causeway any faster because of your direction. What is happening is that entire neighborhoods are blocked in. Emergency vehicles have no access as the surface roads are backed up to Highway 113 and even further. People are "parked" in intersections, blocking them. When Davis Legacy Soccer is holding a tournament off Chiles, people are blocked into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Consider also the streets the driver needs to cross and their traffic

For example, the direction is "go straight ahead". The street you may have to cross may have three lanes in each direction. Eventually, considering this option if the intersection has lights. Whether the lights function or not, it is not your fault :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show traffic for FastTrak holders in Bay Area

Hi, can you show traffic in the Bay Area for those of us using FastTrak? Adding a simple button to acknowledge that we have a FT in our cars means you can let us know if the lanes are open (or not) for FT users and that can make our commute a bit easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. westbound interstate 40 Ingram Blvd exit

westbound interstate 40 Ingram Blvd should exit 279A Traffic should NOT exit from 40 at exit 5 because they have to cross 3 lanes of traffic in the span of less than 100 yards. This is a VERY dangerous maneuver and the scene of several fatal accidents trying to make this exit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Motorcycle Upgrade

Allow Motorcyclists to identify as motorcyclist then:
    1. Allow he/she to connect with other riders they encounter on their past trip. Sometimes you end up riding with someone you don't know and you don't want to follow them home to link up so if you could add a feature for motorcyclists to connect with one another (" Hey great ride while you were out there you rode with .... for x miles")

1. Update location of Motorcycles as hazard updates on everyone's map. ( How cool would it be if while sitting in bottleneck traffic Waze says "Motorcyclist approaching from the…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base