Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow option to use device's TTS voice synthesis

The Waze Android client has a decent sounding voice, but Android users can install 3rd party TTS apps. Please give us the option to choose to use the Android Text To Speech synthesis instead.

600 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    25 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. שלום , אני נהג משאית ומשתמש בוואיז באופן יום יומי , האמת היא שזאת אפלקציה נהדרת , אבל אני וכל החברים שלי יש לנו בעיה אחד , או דבר שאנו רוצי

שלום , אני נהג משאית ומשתמש בוואיז באופן יום יומי , האמת היא שזאת אפלקציה נהדרת , אבל אני וכל החברים שלי יש לנו בעיה אחד , או דבר שאנו רוצים להציע לכם לעשות , בהרבה מקרים אנחנו נתקלים בכבישים שאי אפשר לעבור אותם עם רכב ציוד כבד , אתם נותדים את המסלול לפי אוטו פרטי , אז אם אפשר לעשות אופציה להגדרת הרכב כי רכב משאית כבד ואז להתרחק מכבישים צרים ...
    מחקה לעדכונים שלכם
    תודה רבה לכם
    לואי

587 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. cyclist

During this period in which cycling is becoming more and more popular, Wase can help the security of the riders. Cyclist start road driving open the Wase App. And select f "I went out riding". Wase can warn drivers nearby- "cyclist in front of you."

576 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Different scoreboards for editors, drivers and forum

It has been noticed before that the Waze-community is divided between editors and drivers; editors being the users that earn most of their points by editing, drivers are those that earn most of their points behind the steeringwheel.

Currently, the scoreboard seems to be dominated by drivers - the topnotch of these are probably truckers, spending their live on the road, driving maybe thousands km per week, making up to 20.000 pts. There is nothing wrong with that, we NEED drivers, and I do not want to suggest that they do not earn their points.

But for editors these are…

569 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 570 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Navegación para camiones y autobuses

Posibilidad de navegar de poder utilizar el navegador adaptándose a las condiciones específicas de un camión a un autobús

564 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. import a gpx file

i would like to import a gpx file to save MY favorite itinerary to go home !

553 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Tourist arriving at israel who are renting a car; be willing to use Waze in order to get to the nearest gas stations that are oparating duri

Tourists arriving to Israel who are renting a car, may be interested to use Waze in order to get to the nearest gas stations that is open during weekends.

רבים בציבור מעוניינים לתדלק אך ורק בתחנת דלק שפעילה גם במהלך סופי שבוע וחגים. נשמח אם תאפשרו הוספת פונקציה לאפליקציה שתציג בפני המנווט/ת אך ורק תחנות דלק כאלה, גם אם התדלוק הוא במהלך השבוע.

549 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    59 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. remove Lake Shore Ave and Baxter St. from rush hour routes

someone is going to be seriously injured. the street is a 32% grade and scares many drivers. during rush hour it's a DANGEROUS disaster waiting to happen.

546 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    108 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Saving 'preferred routes'

Would be great to have the ability to save preferred routes, especially for commuters who take the same route every day -- despite what routing appears in navigation.

529 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Timezone Changes included in the ETA

I constantly go back and forth between two timezones and wish that Waze would take this into account when showing me the ETA in the new timezone instead of showing me the current timezones ETA that I am leaving. It does update on the fly, but it should show up at the beginning if it knows I am crossing timezones.

521 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. automotive

Hi,
    when can we expect Waze be compatible on the Android Automotive OS (so not Android Auto, but Android Automotive as the new OS for the Polestar 2 car).
    thanks for you reply

509 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. waze for caravan o camper

navigating with caravan or motorhome , you can indicate the presence of roads with bridges of less than 2.50 m or roads too narrow

501 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Speed Bumps

I will suggest the inclusion of speed reducers commonly used in Brazil, called "lombadas" or "quebra-molas" (speed bumps). These elements are rarely well signposted.
    Are a ridge set in a road surface, for purposes to make drivers to reduce speed.

496 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a feature to announce or indicate the side of the street the destination is on.

It would save so much time and be safer if I knew what side of the street my destination was on. The address should tell waze anyway so I believe this data is already available.

496 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to disable route recalculating alert. That nerve wracking chirp is driving me crazy!

Whoever approved that grating & obnoxious squawking route recalculation alarm should be fired. I drive a cab and even my customers cringe when they hear it and say "what's that awful noise". PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET US TURN IT OFF! Alerts only should mean alerts only. Hearing that damn noise screech and grate 5 times when I'm driving through a parking lot is maddening!

484 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. William Daniels voice as KITT from Knight Rider

Since Arnold Schwarzenegger voice was introduced as the Terminator, why not use KITT's voice as well? I think it would be a great idea, since he was one of the first talking cars! I'm pretty sure a lot of people would like to have KITT by his side while they're in the road.

483 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Jai Haze for New Waze Voice

Jai Haze is a well known YouTube Vape Reviewer with a comedic voice that’s a cross between Vince Vaughn and Jersey Shore, let’s get Jais Voice on Waze, Jammies and all, to bring his comedic wittiness to our morning commutes! Can you just play him in the backround of Waze? Yes you can obviously but wouldn’t it be more of a fun matrix like commute with him reviewing the new Vape Device in the backround and him also telling you to turn your Jammy left?

483 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sync with Google "my places"

it would be great to be able to sync the places already stored in google's my places. So you don´t have to search for them separately and have them at hand even quicker.

more advanced: sharing your places with friends or family members across devices would be great.

finally: being able to save places on the webinterface and syncing to user devices would be nice

waze rocks - keep up the good work!

479 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. RV

Add an option for RV trailers. There roads/bridges/tunnels that RVs are not allowed to go on. Also low bridges.

475 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base