Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Police Heat Map

What about a feature that shows popular police trap locations. There are locations in my town that are popular with police to setup speed traps. If those areas could glow blue like traffic areas glow red, I think that could be a great feature. If you could use the information that wazers report, then that info could be processed through an algorithm that show the high probability areas.

2,073 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    24 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Electric to the Preferred fuel type, which will then display electric charging points on the map.

There is no current option in Preferred fuel type for pure Electric. I would like to have this option, which, when selected, displays electric charging points as POIs for my journeys.

2,023 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    209 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CarPlay Dashboard

With the iOS 13.4, Apple opened up the CarPlay Dashboard to accept 3rd Party Maps instead of Apple Maps. It would be awesome to have Waze replace Apple Maps on the main Dashboard!

1,977 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    64 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add friends without facebook

Why am I forced to use facebook in order to add friends to Waze?? I don't use facebook, 75% of the world's population does not use facebook at all (and more with every day). Is keeping fb afloat Waze's most important purpose?
    Anyway, I don't want facebook friends on Waze, I want Waze friends on Waze and facebook friends on facebook, don't try to mix a driving app with a social network.

1,945 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  102 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use the voice of Sam Heughan (star of "Outlander") - the show is a big hit in UK, USA, Australia, etc.

Use the voice of Sam Heughan (star of "Outlander" TV show) - clear scottish accent - the show is a big hit in UK, USA, Australia, etc. Would be good idea for a sales pitch.

1,879 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    123 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Daria, from the 90s MTV show

New voice of Daria from the 90s MTV show.

1,587 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tammy Dombeck - The Gridlock Buster

I am nominating my beautiful bride Tammy Dombeck to be one of your voices. Tammy was the Traffic reporter on the NBC affiliate in Dallas-Fort Worth for 14 years. After she left, she spent 3 years at the CBS affiliate as their morning and afternoon traffic reporter. We live in Fort Worth and I commute to Dallas during the week so I have been using yoru app for a couple of years. Love it. What I do miss is seeing and hearing Tammy give her traffic reports. I also am guessing that there are thousands and thousands of people here…

1,556 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    86 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lets Stop The Issue of Roadkill

Let's Stop The Issue of Roadkill By Adding some New Features

1. One pin to indicate a high animal crossing volume area

2. One pin to report deer, bear etc. sightings
      3.Improve the sound alerts and make special ones for Roadkill specific pins

1,417 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    75 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add option to prefer beautiful way (scenery) over short/fast way

When on a trip we sometimes prefer a beautiful way (view, atmosphere, interesting villages etc.) over the short/fast one. (I noticed that on our last trip abroad).

1,360 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Privacy zone: stop reporting *near* home/work‏

Having read the Waze ideology of location reporting at journey endpoints with respect to privacy I have deemed it wanting greatly.

Please consider a feature to allow one to create flexible (arbitrarily variable) zones around one's home, workplace, church, etc, where upon entering one's position is no longer publicly visible.

I am confident a variation of this will mitigate privacy journey endpoint concerns

1,357 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Optimized functionalities for motorbikes

It's too bad Waze doesn't offer any of these functionalities for riders/bikers:
    - deactivate traffic jams in the time calculation (or consider we are at around 50 km/h on these parts of the path)
    - proposing winding/twisting roads with different levels, just like Tomtom and Garmin already do with their devices
    - allowing to create more than one step point to get the perfect itinerary
    - allowing the load of external files (such as .gpx for example) to create roadbooks on our computer (with Google Maps or else) and then send it to our smartphone.

In brief, just a few…

1,153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Samsung Gear S2 integration

I'd like Waze to integrate with the Samsung Gear S2, which is on the Tizen OS. Most particularly, I'd like vibrate reminders of upcoming turns. Also, navigation initiation and address lookup would be useful.

I'm using the device with a Nexus 6 on Marshmallow.

1,142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    69 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. track buddy

Ability to be buddies with other wazers, and track them. If they want to have a multiple car roadtrip, they would always be able to find eachother

1,089 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    On the roadmap  ·  20 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Navigate shortest route

With the new update you all took away the option to search by shortest route available or Fastest route available. Please bring this function back.

959 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    62 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Get railroads back!

I'd like to have railroads shown on the client with white-black dashed line.

957 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. send XMPP message when nearing destination (Jabber)

some people are offended by outdated technology that requires one to pay for unwanted messages (sms).

It is beyond inane to use sms on a smartphone when XMPP is far more featured, FREE, secure.

Waze could further advertise the service with its own XMPP server. This would facilitate such messages, enhance social features, and expand the wondedful world of federation. Prosody and Tigase are great server options.

http://wiki.xmpp.org

930 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. use Jingle to send short audio blurbs to others

for friends and group subscriptions leave an audio blurb on the map or associated with a report

897 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. disable popups

Please provide the means to disable popups. I like the flags. The popups block half the screen, are irrelevant, and recenter the map.

872 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't want to have to allow access to my contacts to share a drive

In the new version, I can't enter an address or number anymore...and I'd really prefer not to sign over my entire contact list to waze. Can you reinstitute the message/email options in "share my drive"?

850 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    257 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to increase font size.

Those of us who see distance fine but need reading glasses could use the abolity to increase street name and POI size. It's one if the reasons why I don't use Waze as often as I'd like to.
    Many thanks

844 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    59 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories