Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please provide an option to turn off the "car stopped on shoulder" warning.

This is the most common warning yet doing nothing more than distracting. People stop on shoulders for few minutes all the time so why do I need to care unless I am planning to drive on the shoulder?? Turning off road hazards does not help.

2,594 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    168 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Shutdown at Destination

When arriving at your destination have Waze prompt an Auto-Shutdown with a 10 second countdown. I always shutdown my Waze when I arrive and instead of having to click menu and then shutdown, why not have Waze offer to do it automatically. This will also save battery if people forget.

2,494 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. House numbers with slash

Allow add house numbers with slash. For example: 631/29. 639 is for building, 29 is for entrance (Distance between entrances can by big). All block-buildings in my country has this double numbers.Also houses can be marked 10/a 10/b. It is not possible to add this type of number to editor, so usually we have just streets but no one is adding house numbers - as it would be inaccurate to put just first or second number.

2,470 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In the works  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Apple Watch Support

Similar to how Apple Maps works on the Apple Watch, but with Was instead. Please release something, anything, for the Apple Watch.

2,464 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    85 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add suburbs / neighborhoods / sections

In many many streets in Latin America as in other Europe countries, in the same city could be a lot of different streets with the same name, the only info that differs them is the name of the neighborhood or suburb. It would be awesome if you guys could fit that info.

2,266 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In the works  ·  85 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. dead reckoning (when neither data nor GPS available)

There are zero map apps that offer dead reckoning:

continue navigation when neither GPS nor data (mobile or wifi) are available. Useful also when insufficient GPS birds viewable.

+ compass
    + accelerometer
    + time

optionally

* orientation (for fixed mounts)

Given availability of map data those are enough to continue navigation:

. in tunnels
    . in parking structures
    . in box canyons

This is especially beneficial for those who do not have (no longer have) aGPS [assisted GPS] features.

But dead reckoning will benefit even those with aGPS.

2,170 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Truck route option

I use Waze everyday both on my commute to work and once I'm working (driving a semi around Chicagoland and all burbs within 50 miles or so). It would be nice to have an option to navigate truck routes when needed but then shut it off for when I'm in my car. MANY streets don't allow trucks due to weight or low overpasses, etc. Just a thought to help fellow truckers avoid getting in a bind! Maybe even reporting ability to post height/weight restrictions on certain roads...

2,142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    107 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Police Heat Map

What about a feature that shows popular police trap locations. There are locations in my town that are popular with police to setup speed traps. If those areas could glow blue like traffic areas glow red, I think that could be a great feature. If you could use the information that wazers report, then that info could be processed through an algorithm that show the high probability areas.

1,924 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. display only live-info and events relevant to the current route

Add option, that would:
    - enforce event pop-ups (such as accidents, etc.) to show only if they happen on the current route to destination (no need to se events in radius when not on the route)
    - display only number of events (under the icon with the red excl. mark) relevant to the current route to destination (this would help user open the live info only when there is a number indicating something going on on the route

1,704 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    On the roadmap  ·  30 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tammy Dombeck - The Gridlock Buster

I am nominating my beautiful bride Tammy Dombeck to be one of your voices. Tammy was the Traffic reporter on the NBC affiliate in Dallas-Fort Worth for 14 years. After she left, she spent 3 years at the CBS affiliate as their morning and afternoon traffic reporter. We live in Fort Worth and I commute to Dallas during the week so I have been using yoru app for a couple of years. Love it. What I do miss is seeing and hearing Tammy give her traffic reports. I also am guessing that there are thousands and thousands of people here…

1,553 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    86 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use the voice of Sam Heughan (star of "Outlander") - the show is a big hit in UK, USA, Australia, etc.

Use the voice of Sam Heughan (star of "Outlander" TV show) - clear scottish accent - the show is a big hit in UK, USA, Australia, etc. Would be good idea for a sales pitch.

1,515 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    104 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow declaring Toll Roads and the option to not navigate through them

Waze wants to route me through a toll road every day and can't seem to find an alternate route until I actually drive it. I want to be able to avoid Toll roads, which means tolls roads need to be able to be declared in the editor.

1,500 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    52 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In the works  ·  Unholy responded

Countries in which we have already enabled the feature on the client are:
    Australia
    Belgium
    Canada
    Czech Republic
    Hungary
    Israel
    Latvia
    Portugal
    Slovakia
    Sweden
    The Netherlands
    The United Kingdom

13. Add friends without facebook

Why am I forced to use facebook in order to add friends to Waze?? I don't use facebook, 75% of the world's population does not use facebook at all (and more with every day). Is keeping fb afloat Waze's most important purpose?
    Anyway, I don't want facebook friends on Waze, I want Waze friends on Waze and facebook friends on facebook, don't try to mix a driving app with a social network.

1,478 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    79 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Waze response to suggestions

There are currently 31 suggestions with more than 500 votes.
    Only 11 have an answer from Waze and some of those have been in the suggestion box since the year 2010.

Can Waze show more involvement with the community suggestions by trying to respond to all suggestions that reach 500-1000 (higher?) suggestions?

"No" or "Not planned" is an acceptable answer as it is BETTER than no answer at all.

Thank you

1,459 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mirrorlink Please!

Please add Mirrorlink support.

1,380 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lets Stop The Issue of Roadkill

Let's Stop The Issue of Roadkill By Adding some New Features

1. One pin to indicate a high animal crossing volume area
    2. One pin to report deer, bear etc. sightings
    3.Improve the sound alerts and make special ones for Roadkill specific pins

1,363 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    74 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sound alerts before police and radar

I think that having a sound ringing before radar or police could help us. That's better than looking to the phone to see what's on infront. That's would give a safty driving and a secure alert.
    That's important for me
    I hope you'll do that.

1,349 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Avoid parkway feature

Driving a commercial vehicle we are not allowed to go on parkways. A conventional GPS allows you to "avoid part of route" I want to be able to go on all other highways just not parkways. When it gives you a route, you should be able to avoid parkways where all truckers cannot use either

1,322 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    92 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Privacy zone: stop reporting *near* home/work‏

Having read the Waze ideology of location reporting at journey endpoints with respect to privacy I have deemed it wanting greatly.

Please consider a feature to allow one to create flexible (arbitrarily variable) zones around one's home, workplace, church, etc, where upon entering one's position is no longer publicly visible.

I am confident a variation of this will mitigate privacy journey endpoint concerns

1,316 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Turn off "thank you" notifications!!

I don't like my screen being cluttered with dozens of notifications, and my notification center being filled etc with dozens on unnecessary thank yous!! It makes me want to stop using the app! Please include the ability to TURN THIS OFF!!
    Thanks!

1,309 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    89 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories