Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to increase font size.

Those of us who see distance fine but need reading glasses could use the abolity to increase street name and POI size. It's one if the reasons why I don't use Waze as often as I'd like to.
    Many thanks

790 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    57 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Daria, from the 90s MTV show

New voice of Daria from the 90s MTV show.

779 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 776 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. expose intents

for all clients expose an API

for Android expose:

• intents
    • broadcast intents
    • application shortcuts

for the slightly savvier user this allows accelerated navigation by macro (Tasker, Llama, OmniDroid, et al)

API allows for similar macro- or automation apps on iOS (ipad, iPhone), windows mobile, other platforms surely

instead of

° load waze
    ° click or swipe to open navigate to UI
    ° search for address
    ° select match
    ° go
    ° pick route

the macro app could accomplish this in

ONE click

this is employing merely one of a panoply of time saving waze measures

add to…

757 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable audio alert for speed cams regardless of the speed.

Waze currently only triggers audio alerts about speed cams when the driver is above the speed limit of the specific cam.

Since the speed detection on Waze is very flawed (at least here in Brazil/Rio de Janeiro), and not all cams have their speed limit properly set, it would be MUCH better if Waze triggered it's audible alert for speed cams independently of the fact that the driver may be above or below the limit of the cam.

Thank you.
    And keep up the good work!

748 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. show street name currently on

It would be great to show the name of the street you're currently on, as well as that of the next turn. Also, show the name of the street you're on when not in navigation mode.

744 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add car video recorder feature

TL;DR It would be extremely helpful, if Waze could continuously record and store video from front facing camera.

Me and many of my friends would install a car video recorder. Main functionality is to continuously record anything that happens in front of your car, storing last few hours of recorded material.

There could be many uses for this. Mainly - helping in crashes, where you are not guilty, but you cannot prove that.

Functionality could be minimum. An option to enable or disable continuous recording through road facing camera. Setting, which indicates - how many minutes or hours of recording…

716 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Tasker intergration

Tasker is a automation system for Android based on profiles that contains states and actions.

For instance when Tasker sees the bluetooth in my car it begins to reject most calls, reads texts aloud me, and sends a automated reply. Currently that reply just says I will get back to them when I reach my destination. Waze knows that destination and my ETA. I would like to send that in the automated texts. I would also like for Tasker to be able to tell Waze a destination. Using this info it would also be possible for Tasker to do events…

692 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Home and Work favorite should have "use current location" to add, not just search for address

This favorite is great. But it should have a "Use current Location" button to add your Work and Home. Searching for an address it will not show exactly where the house is, in this case in Ecuador, if it's a new home or not on the database.

691 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. route overview

Please add an option to see either a birds-eye overview or a turn-by-turn list (or both?) of the route Waze is taking me on.

Sometimes I *know* I want to avoid a particular road. So when Waze plots a route for me at the start, I can review the proposed alternate routes and choose one. But if I need to deviate from that route to make a side errand maybe, Waze will recalculate my route on the fly, going back to its #1 preferred route. If I'm not paying close attention, this sends me back over to the road I…

674 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to order favorites locations

Every time I add a location to my favorites, it pushes my old ones down. I want the ability to choose to mostly used favorites to show on the top.

674 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Calculate fuel consumption and show cost of the route

It would be great to be able to enter the average fuel consumption for certain speeds for your vehicle and then while calculating show also the cost of the route. It can be calculated by known speeds on the road, the need to stop and go on traffic lights, the overall profile of the route. There is an iPhone app that can serve as an inspiration - http://drivegain.com

668 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. pouvoir spécifier une hauteur de véhicule, afin d'éviter de se trouver bloquer avec des passages avec des hauteurs limite à 2m

spécifier des hauteurs pour des passages
    spécifier des catégories de vhl, VL, camping car, utilitaire ....

659 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. disable "not there" for abusers or non-contributers

For those who harass police sighting users of waze by FALSELY clicking "not there" the button clicking privilege ought be revoked until they are other than counterproductive

identify them by their sole use of police related report by not-thefe and entire lack of contributing reports

Also detect stationary officers who not-there themselves

651 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. turn off photo request at destination

The "add photo" when you reach your destination is annoying, and unnecessary. Please give an option to disable.

646 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    48 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create a Report category for "Faulty Traffic Lights"

Traffic lights are a major cause of traffic delays when out. Currently there is no way to report this specific problem.

628 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Alert drivers of cyclists

As a cyclist I would love to see a feature in which drivers are alerted of cyclists in advance using real time data from other apps like strava, endomondo or mapmyride.

620 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rail Road Crossing Ahead Notification

Give notification when approaching Rail Roads Crossings. This notification could be turned on or off by the user if needed.

586 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow option to use device's TTS voice synthesis

The Waze Android client has a decent sounding voice, but Android users can install 3rd party TTS apps. Please give us the option to choose to use the Android Text To Speech synthesis instead.

585 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Multiple stops in any order

Allow users to enter multiple stops in any order and auto calculate best route. Currently you can only add stops after selecting main route and choose if its near the destination. Ideally you should be able to enter as many locations as you want and waze would just map out the optimal route.

579 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base