Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offline map and directions available.

Offline map and directions available for driving abroad without the use of internet (roaming).

289 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Waze debe proteger la integridad física y síquica de sus usuarios

@ChileWaze Waze no está identificando los lugares en que hay manifestaciones!! Ayer me llevó por Avda Providencia, en Santiago de Chile, con calle Seminario, donde CASI ME AGREDEN con piedras y artefactos cortantes.
    La app no tiene una opción que permita avisar de estas situaciones de peligro, y lo peor, sugiere transitar por calles y avenidas, ocupadas por manifestantes agresivos.
    En todas las ciudades importantes del mundo, hay protestas pacíficas o violentas, y la aplicación no advierte su presencia, poniendo en peligro a sus usuarios

284 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Using the smartphone's front camera for alert about driver's tiredness

In Android there is a feature named "smart stay" which allows the smartphone to recognize, using the front camera, if the user is watching the screen (in order to turn off the screen when not in use) - see

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-use-smart-stay-galaxy-s3

I wonder whether it would be possible to create a similar function in Waze, that would recognize (by visually recognizing when the eyes close for longer than a fraction of second) and alert if the driver falls asleep. If this is possible (even partially), it can save lives.

באנדרואיד יש אפשרות בשם "שהות חכמה" שמאפשרת לסמארטפון לזהות בעזרת המצלמה הקדמית…

281 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When reporting police / speed trap, offer "middle" or "median" instead of only "my lane" and "other lane" so both directions can be notified

Many times police sit in the median and are watching both directions on a highway, a "middle" option for lane would be beneficial so both directions can be warned of a speed trap.

280 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic start Waze when connect to car bluetooth (and turn off when blutetooth is off)

Automatic on/ off waze when connect to paired bluetooh adapter.
    This is best way to have waze on when is needed in car.
    Leave the car - waze goes off.
    This bulid in feature have a Yanosik app (waze clone in Poland)

275 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Red Light Camera Alert

Ability to disable red light camera notifications. Alerts are rather annoying if you travel the same road on your daily commute.

275 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Moving police feature - Driving police icon and how it works! :)

Additional feature: Police menu, “driving same direction” or “driving other direction”...

How it works: The “driving police icon” would move on the map in the direction and suggested speed limit. It would start to fade over 5 minutes unless another WAZER confirmed the police again. When confirmed again, the timer resets for another 5 minutes.

Voice commands from WAZE: "Police driving toward you"... ..."Police driving behind you"... ..."police driving ahead of you"...

Part 2. If WAZER clicks "driving same direction" the app will notify WAZER after 4 minutes of driving and ask if the police officer is still moving the…

269 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a campervan / motorhome mode to Waze

Currently there are 3 vehicle types in Waze : car, 2 wheels and taxi, my proposition is to add a specific type of vehicle for motorhomes and camper vans which could provide :
    - best option ways taking care of gabarit of this type of vehicles
    - specific service areas and night park for motorhome

276 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Avoid cyclists accidents warning drivers about cyclists groups

More and more cyclists are being run over. And Waze can help. Waze warns drivers about roadworks, accidents, traffic jams. why not do it with bicycles? Cyclists groups move, so they can't be pointed out by drivers
    They must point out themselves. Cyclists select "bike mode" on the app , Waze identifies them as a group and warns drivers.

267 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. school zones

School Zone detail:
    1) Warn when approaching a school zone, allowing enough time to bring speed under control before entering school zone.
    2) Specify school zone speed limit prior to entering school zone.
    3) If school zone specifies "no cell phones", so state prior to entering
    school zone.
    4) Repeated warnings every 30 seconds that driver is in a school zone, until driver clears the school zone, and repeat speed limit for the school zone every 30 seconds until driver clears the school zone and warn the driver if the school zone speed limit is exceeded, every time it is…

272 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Send eta in Android auto

Really looking for the send eta feature as I have a vehicle that you can connect with Android Auto.

268 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Truckers need food/restroom help during Covid-19 shut down

Truckers need help finding restrooms and food that is open and will accept phone orders and walk food out curbside. Their large trucks cannot access drive thrus and they’re not allowed to walk up through the drive thru for safety reasons. With closed dining spaces truckers are going hungry trying to get food and supplies to us during the Covid-19 epidemic. We need a way for them to find open restrooms they can access and food that will walk it out to them as needed. Please Waze, these men and women are heroes. Working their butts off when many of…

265 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Display interstate/highway shields on client map.

Right now the live maps can display highway shields with limited functionality. Adding this ability to the client maps (and expanding its scope, as right now it is only partially functional) would really make it easier to orient yourself when viewing the map.

It would be nice if it was an option, as well... so you could disable it (like you can disable road goodies or other things) if you don't want to view them.

267 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In the works  ·  Unholy responded

Currently working on N. America. will be implanted in the world server in the future.

14. Drive Summary

At the end of a drive, give a quick overview of drive time, distance covered, amount of time spent in traffic. Bonus would be how much time it would have taken on an alternate route or "This is record time for your commute!" +6pts.

264 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. What3Words

Add support for What3Words addresses, for simple and accurate navigation.

262 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. mettre des parcours poids lourds

Serait il possible de mettre une option pour les poids lourds ?

261 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. What about electric cars

Add gaz preference as: Electricity

this would triggers the networks of CS [charging stations] (and/or connector type) to appear in the favorite company and display the CS.

you could also ask what kind of EV and display CS accordingly (i.e. if Tesla, show only the tesla's CS and J1442 connectors; if a Nissan Leaf, DO NOT display the Tesla's CS and display CHAdeMO and J1442 CS) ...

Lots to do... be the best for everybody!

Love your app, but not with my EV :(

Plugshare.com
    ev charge hub
    or my map! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zMMDqic1ZmQY.kwGWb9COi4A4&usp=sharing

266 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable the Difficult Turn setting to be time/day specific

Today we have the ability to mark a turn as difficult, but we don't have a way to say it is only difficult during certain times of the day like during commute hours, or even to be only weekdays when there is commute traffic.

The current UI could easily be updated to move the difficult turn box to the end of each row for the restriction. That way if an editor sets up a time for a restriction, it now becomes an option to be 100% restricted, or just difficult.

The editor could then set up a left turn being…

259 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create categories (folders) to organize my favorites.

I would like to be able to create categories (folders) and organize my favorites for easier access.

258 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Calculate the best route based on both shorter time and distance. Not just one of them.

I prefer the fastest way, but only when it is reasonable.
    I can never trust the option automatically suggested for me and I always find myself checking the routes. In many cases I switch to the second option.
    For example:
    Option 1: 49 minutes, 58 Km
    Option 2: 50 minutes, 47 Km
    I would rather spend 2% more time than spend 21% more fuel...

Most people would prefer spending another minute in this case. Why do we always have to bother going to the routes to find out.

The user can select his preference for either shortest or fastest way…

254 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base