Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16637 results found

1. Make icons larger.

New version icons for haz and police are so small you have to zoom in to a small map grid to see them. When there is a problem wreck slow traffic police ahead you miss you last turnoff due to being zoomed in so close. Please give option to zoom out and still see critical icons

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Display interstate/highway shields on client map.

Right now the live maps can display highway shields with limited functionality. Adding this ability to the client maps (and expanding its scope, as right now it is only partially functional) would really make it easier to orient yourself when viewing the map.

It would be nice if it was an option, as well... so you could disable it (like you can disable road goodies or other things) if you don't want to view them.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    We're working on it  ·  Unholy responded

Currently working on N. America. will be implanted in the world server in the future.

3. Calculate ETA based on own average speed

ETA calculation seems to be based on traffic conditions and general average speed. ETA calculation seems to be inaccurate when driving below the average speed of the road-segment as it keeps increasing while driving with constant (low) speed.

It would be great if ETA calculation would also be accurate for vehicles going below average speeds (e.g. trucks in europe etc.)

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable the Difficult Turn setting to be time/day specific

Today we have the ability to mark a turn as difficult, but we don't have a way to say it is only difficult during certain times of the day like during commute hours, or even to be only weekdays when there is commute traffic.

The current UI could easily be updated to move the difficult turn box to the end of each row for the restriction. That way if an editor sets up a time for a restriction, it now becomes an option to be 100% restricted, or just difficult.

The editor could then set up a left turn being…

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add option to Avoid Tunnels

For various reasons drivers may wish to avoid tunnels when navigating. This should be an option along side with Avoid Highways and Avoid Toll Roads.

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove Chit-Chat option for Iranian users

The Iranian people use this option for political purposes and insult to each other and racism. This has led Iran's government to ban this great app in the country.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In honor of White Cane Safety Day, create a alert to drivers that notifies the driver a person using a white cane is ahead.

A person with a visual impairment can log on to the app and WAZE will track the user as they walk.
    A driver using the app is notified when a person using a white cane is nearby.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. דיווח שריפות

הוספת פיצ'ר לדיווח על שריפות (בשמורות טבע למשל, עבור מטיילים) . הפיצ' ר יעביר את הדיווח למכבי האש. רלוונטי לדיווח מהיר על מקרי הצתה, בלוני תבערה וכדומה. צמצום זמן התגובה של מכבי האש הוא בעל ערך עצום לצמצום נזקי השריפה.

Adding a feature for reporting incidents of arson in nature reserves. The feature will notify the firefighters and share the direct location.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Prefer main roads

Please install main roads button, so in cities I take main roads instead of all those side roads just to save a minute but burn way more petroleum and drive zip zag. So if the roads will be similar time waze would preafare main roads, if time would be different fore 5 minutes and more it would take side roads. This would help especially on long journies, we're I can not zoom in every little city all the time.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Toll roads

If user could use settings to set something like "use toll roads if it shortens the time on the road for at least XX minutes" or "use toll road if fuel economy if more then $XX". Waze gives us multiple routs from A to B, sometimes it is better to use toll road, sometimes it cuts only about 5-6 minutes from the trip (or less) - still not the reason to use toll road, too expensive for this outcome. But sometimes toll road is way better, so we don't want to forbid waze to suggest us toll-roads. I think you…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Voices of Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin

Please add in the voices of these 2 iconic cartoon characters as the navigators.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Multiple works place

I have 4 work places. In the application it’s only possible to subscribe ONE adresses for the work. It’s possible to note several adresses ? (

J’ai plusieurs endroits de travail. Il est possible pour le moment d’enregistrer

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3D Terrain on your maps so as to give a visualisation of the topography of your route.

3D Terrain on your maps so as to give a visualisation of the topography of your route and local area (mountains, lakes, inclines, declines etc)

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop routing traffic inappropriately

I am contacting everyone at Waze right now. Waze is causing problems.

Highway 17 from San Jose to Santa Cruz is notorious for its beach traffic. Waze directing traffic thought downtown Los Gatos and on to mountain side roads to avoid this.

STOP DOING THIS!

First of all this is causing horrendous gridlock in downtown Los Gatos. The town has put up signs telling Beach Traffic to stick to Highway 17. Drivers are ignoring this because Waze gives tells them they can cut thru Los Gatos. This is causing MASSIVE problems.

Second, DON'T direct people off Hwy 17 on to…

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add "avoid border crossings" setting, just like avoid toll roads or ferries.

Navigating from New York to Detroit, there's a route that crosses through Canada. I didn't bring my passport and wish to avoid this, but if I manually force another route, I might miss out on traffic-responsive optimizations. It should be possible to avoid border crossings just like any other route preference.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New quests for those who have passed the old

I went through all the quests that are on my page (You first 10 miles...Drive 500 miles within a week). I suggest to add new quests for us.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Notify if place is closed when starting a route

Google Maps will notify you when you begin a route if the place you are going to is closed. Can this function be added to Waze?

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Using the smartphone's front camera for alert about driver's tiredness

In Android there is a feature named "smart stay" which allows the smartphone to recognize, using the front camera, if the user is watching the screen (in order to turn off the screen when not in use) - see

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-use-smart-stay-galaxy-s3

I wonder whether it would be possible to create a similar function in Waze, that would recognize (by visually recognizing when the eyes close for longer than a fraction of second) and alert if the driver falls asleep. If this is possible (even partially), it can save lives.

באנדרואיד יש אפשרות בשם "שהות חכמה" שמאפשרת לסמארטפון לזהות בעזרת המצלמה הקדמית…

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a "Remember this Route" feature. WAZE should allow me to press a button to begin a route and another button to end the route.

Add a "Remember this Route" feature. WAZE should allow me to press a button to begin a route and another button to end the route. I should be able to save this route as a favorite.
    I don't want Waze to try to optimize my route or change my route in any way.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base